Traekoth the Ancient & Heartland Pounders - Monday (9/17), 8pm EST

Re: Traekoth the Ancient & Heartland Pounders - Monday (9/3/07), 8pm EST

Damn I really wanted to go to this but thanks to Southern California blackouts, I have had no power for almost 36 hour (with no ETA on fixes). Any estimated time on the next time we are going to do this? I can just spend some time working on AA's instead.

57 (almost 58) enchanter -> Raralith

Re: Traekoth the Ancient & Heartland Pounders - Monday (9/3/07), 8pm EST

That's quite alright Aoi. And next raid will be an Thursday the 6th at 10pm EST

Last kill went very well with no deaths. We gave the Pounder's a run as well and wiped the first attempt only to have the server go down on us before round 2 could take place. We'll definitely do a repeat of that next time around.

As for loot from tonight? Great stuff!

[*]Crown of the Beast (rot)
[*]Black Headband of War
[*]Ancient Preserving Bauble

And with that, we've now had every listed Traek drop. Great run and I'll see you guys again on Thursday for our next kill.

Re: Traekoth the Ancient & Heartland Pounders - Thursday (9/6), 10pm EST

How long does the raid usually take?

Re: Traekoth the Ancient & Heartland Pounders - Thursday (9/6), 10pm EST

If we're lucky and everyone is online when they should be, no more than 30 minutes from when we get there to when loot is distributed.

Usually we have to wait for people though, so it could be an hour.

Re: Traekoth the Ancient & Heartland Pounders - Sunday (9/9), 11pm EST

Traek down yet again! We're off to the pounders now.

For our 13th kill, these were the drops.

[*]Crown of the Beast
[*]Barbed Shadowscale Boots
[*]Staff of Direction

Next run will be Sunday the 9th at 11pm EST.

EDIT: Ok, pounders are dead as well. God damn are they a lot harder than Traek...

Drops were:
[*]Phosphoresent Goop Covered Sleeves
[*]Shim Woven Gloves

See you guys in a few days!

We only lost 2 on the pounders. This could probably be avoided with a little change in strat.

Two things I noticed:

• Both pounders engaged the first one in the room. Their script must give them both some aggro at the start of the fight against the first target in range. It wasn't until my warrior died that they were split.
  • My cleric pet lived through the whole fight, and he was engaged for at least 75% of it. So it's probably a waste of buff slots to give everyone magic resist buffs

If we can't split them right away, maybe we should focus healing on one tank until the other gets aggro.

The gloves are the only good drop.

I did pounders about half a dozen times.

The key is to have your two tanks run in at the exact same moment, side by side. Each has to already have his target selected and auto attack on. If they aren't split almost immediately, your tank dies :p 4 healers can't keep up against the two of them pounding the same person without exceptional timing.

As long as you get them split, the fight isn't bad. The bombs they summon can be nasty, and tbh, you got really lucky that your pet didn't eat one. I wouldn't count on your pet lasting that long regularly. I'd give up hp regen before magic resistance for that fight if buff slots are that tight.

Thanks for the input Taishar.

Yeah, the split is really the hard part about this one.

Not to mention their DPS. A single one took my HP down as fast as Traekoth did. With 2 healers on Sz, they HAD to spam a big heal non-stop or I would have dropped.

4 healers is an absolute minimum for this fight. 5 if you want some leeway, however that cuts back on your DPS quite a bit.

It also seems that the pounders can't be slowed. Can anyone confirm this?

Xarpolis said:
Not to mention their DPS. A single one took my HP down as fast as Traekoth did. With 2 healers on Sz, they HAD to spam a big heal non-stop or I would have dropped.

4 healers is an absolute minimum for this fight. 5 if you want some leeway, however that cuts back on your DPS quite a bit.

its been a while but I know for sure at least one of them can't.

If it was like early on a tuesday or like verry late at night I'd bring imeriaz :D

taishar said:
GL with Pounders. Don't get your hopes up for good loot though. They drop loot comparable to a 30s Adept. They also only drop 2 pieces - not 3. I led the group that killed them the first time and let the dev's know (they were also bugged so you could kill one, wipe on the second, then come back and kill the second). They fixed the respawn on wipe problem, but never adjusted the loot tables. It's a fun fight that's harder than Traekoth because getting the right class balance is tough. It's a shame the reward is so poor.

Yeah, we had diahs/taishar tanking iirc. Myself and matsu healing, another twink or two and some fill in people. Pretty epic ngl. Fun but then we were like :(

I believe one of them can be slowed, but I don't recall which.

Hmm... that would certainly make this a lot easier. We'll experiment on Sunday!

Xarpolis said:

Yeah no way around it I guess, this is just a harder fight for inferior loot. Only reason these guys are getting killed is because when you've got 12 57's already you'd might as well take them on.

Again, I'm not 100% on the slowing issue, as we normally didn't have a shaman. 2 druids and 2 clerics, myself, another warrior to offtank, and then the rest pretty much random. I just recall a bard one time saying one of them was immune and not the other.

We never had 12 57s... maybe 8 tops for pounders and Traek.

We'd do Traek without slowing about half the time :-/

If you have a full raid of dedicated 57s with some AAs under their belt, the fight shouldn't really be a problem for ya.

They both do the damage of Traek, but each has less than half of his HP.

I noticed they had lower HP, but they do an ass load of damage. Druid / Shaman combo required constant healing against me. For some reason on the pull the warrior got agro on BOTH of them, and no matter how much I hit the 2nd one it just wouldn't stop attacking the warrior until he died. Then it went to me. I'm not entirely sure why that happened.

Again, we'll experiment with this run again and go from there.

I would be willing to assist with traek/pounders if i ever remember and it happens you guys are doing it when its not a raid day for my guild :(

Sythar - 57 Monk

A few of my guildies have lvl 57 chars too.

Edit: did pounder loot ever get upgraded or is it still for lvl 30 chars?

Far as I know it was never upgraded.. and is still rather craptastic for a 57. Like said its one of those.. while we have 12 57 lets kick there butts to. 95% of the time the loot rots (or is looted for the novelty).

One of the pounders is slowable.. however I dont remeber which one and honestly doesn't seem to be worth it. Prehaps if you have a bst let them slow but I would use a shaman whos more important for healing.

Your monk is stacked. I envy his loot ;p

Tryfaen said:
I would be willing to assist with traek/pounders if i ever remember and it happens you guys are doing it when its not a raid day for my guild :(

Sythar - 57 Monk

A few of my guildies have lvl 57 chars too.

Edit: did pounder loot ever get upgraded or is it still for lvl 30 chars?
aw takin up my spot as second monk jerk lol. jk of course=)

also who got the bauble?

Back
Top Bottom