tradeskill mod items

crunchy

*Web Developer and Fomelo Guru*
I've tried to search the wiki and the forums here but sadly there's no good name for the class of items that have tradeskill mod affects. If I missed an existing thread, I apologize.

Currently I've seen fishing mod items, mining mod items, a tailoring mod item, a baking mod item, and 2 blacksmithing mod hammers. Does anyone happen to know if there are similar items for brewing, pottery, or jewelcrafting?

Also, there seems to be an inconsistency with the blacksmithing items vs the tailoring one. When equipping one of the blacksmithing hammers, if my skill was 150 and the hammer adds 5, making an item of 152 will result in the message that I can no longer skill up with that item. Unequipping the hammer will let me skill up with a 152 trivial item.

For tailoring, with the same numbers, I get the skillups either way.

I haven't tried baking with the gloves, so I don't know the result there. Mining you can skill up to 250 on iron so mining is different, obviously. The fishing items seem to work similarly to the tailoring item.

Is this behavior intended. I don't have a problem if it is. I'm just curious.

I've tried to search the wiki and the forums here but sadly there's no good name for the class of items that have tradeskill mod affects. If I missed an existing thread, I apologize.

Currently I've seen fishing mod items, mining mod items, a tailoring mod item, a baking mod item, and 2 blacksmithing mod hammers. Does anyone happen to know if there are similar items for brewing, pottery, or jewelcrafting?

Also, there seems to be an inconsistency with the blacksmithing items vs the tailoring one. When equipping one of the blacksmithing hammers, if my skill was 150 and the hammer adds 5, making an item of 152 will result in the message that I can no longer skill up with that item. Unequipping the hammer will let me skill up with a 152 trivial item.

I haven't tried baking with the gloves, so I don't know the result there. Mining you can skill up to 250 on iron so mining is different, obviously. The fishing items seem to work similarly to the tailoring item.

Is this behavior intended. I don't have a problem if it is. I'm just curious.

No, no, don't believe so, yes, dunno

Didn't tailoring trivial levels get adjusted somewhat recently? It's probably not unrealistic to think that the numbers on the wiki are a bit outdated from when they were put on the page.

Didn't tailoring trivial levels get adjusted somewhat recently? It's probably not unrealistic to think that the numbers on the wiki are a bit outdated from when they were put on the page.

Good thought but I don't believe that's it. It seemed to work this way since I've started tailoring, which I believe was before the adjustment.

I do admit it's more difficult to test that it is working this way than to test that it doesn't. With blacksmithing, all I have to do is equip the mod item to get the message than I can't skill up on it, and unequip it to not get that message. With tailoring, it's not quite so easy to figure out the trivial.

But I could be completely wrong about how the tailoring mod works.

Back
Top Bottom