Tomes and Adventure Bands

Syalara

Dalayan Beginner
Couple of things I have noticed and I dont know if its just me somehow or more widespread.

1) If I dont click my tome every time I zone or relog for PL, I get no Tome xp. This pretty much sucks 17 types of ass cause I am lacking in the short term memory department. Anyway, I just wanted to be sure I am not the only one with this prob especially since I have lost as much tome xp as Ive gained :dumb:

2) Concerning Adventure Bands and Tome xp....when I log in and get insta smacked with half a mill+ xp but havent had the chance to click my tome, the xp essentially goes poof. This makes me quite frowny as Ive easily lost a couple mil xp like that, but again I dunno if its just me or not having this issue.

So...thoughts?

Hmm I haven't had any problem with needing to click the tome. If I pick up the bag it is in, then I need to reclick it, but otherwise I haven't had to click it in a while.

Thats strange. I have my Codex in a bag & basically don't touch it at all. I don't have to click it after login, zone or whatever unless I move the bag the Codex is in. Even moving the Codex itself doesn't require it to be re-opened. (And by moving, I mean attaching it to the pointer)

I have never had this issue either, but I have lost exp. here and there for accidentally moving my bags around (which doesn't happen anymore) or accidentally clicking the tome when trying to pick up another item in my bag (also doesn't happen anymore). Other than when I mess up, I have not experienced any problems.

Its looking like the slot I had the tome in was bugged somehow, though that dont make a whole lotta sense. I was just able to get @400k AB xp and teh xp bar nudged.

/shrug

Exactly what is this "tome" that everyone is referring to? I am in a 3 person (6 character) adventure band and we've noticed that one of our players has been slowly falling behind in exp.

This and your issue are not related.

Tomes are books you can buy after you accumulate 250 or more AA's. They make your char stronger various ways.

JarL said:
Exactly what is this "tome" that everyone is referring to? I am in a 3 person (6 character) adventure band and we've noticed that one of our players has been slowly falling behind in exp.

one person possibley has a exp penalty as a character trait. if they are iksar or ogre ( i think thats the only 2) then thats probably why they are falling behind.. if not that, make sure no ones dieing as that can throw things off.. if neither, then im not really sure.. i wouldnt assume u have 5 humans in the group but humans do gain exp at a faster rate so another possibility.

on the subject of tomes and adv bands. havent started tomes and havent had any issues with adventure bands yet. its good that you have solved your problem though.

Iksar and Troll are the only -exp races. Humans and Erudites get +exp so that could factor as well.

Back
Top Bottom