To Play in the Forest - coi

Drotic

Dalayan Adventurer
- If I fail this quest is it possible to redo it or is it gone forever? (I've waited real time week to retry and still cant do it.)

- Feedback Prod clikie is being resisted on Rinbo wile being used with level 65 character.

- There is close to no way to keep him on the road btw. The first time I did this I just let him kamikaze ran and he made it. 2nd and 3rd times I was not as lucky while trying using prod to no avail while being prepared and knowing what this quest was all about.

*Spoiler*

Gimble and the scout think that Rinbo has lost it, but he knows what he's doing. If you'll allow him to make go his own way through the woods he'll avoid the spirits on his own. He only dies if you shock him and cause him to run into one of them.

PS - I don't think you can complete this quest once you've let him die.

Wesell said:
*Spoiler*

Gimble and the scout think that Rinbo has lost it, but he knows what he's doing. If you'll allow him to make go his own way through the woods he'll avoid the spirits on his own. He only dies if you shock him and cause him to run into one of them.

PS - I don't think you can complete this quest once you've let him die.

I don't think this is true. . .

I think the mistlights might move around? Although you can get lucky and succeed with him just running it alone sometimes.

Jeez, I guess I just got lucky then. How are you supposed to do it with only one try? He runs pretty damn fast and the Feedback Prod isn't instant cast. :psyduck:

actually last time I did this the rod only had one charge and poofed after I used it, which I think was bugged. But yeah if you fail you can't do it again, you definitely don't need to do it to finish and get the last aug.

well here is the thing that bugs me. On fail the quest doesn't move into completed quest or inactive or whatever. As I have stated its close to impossible to finish this unless u get lucky and the lights don't own Rinbo.

The rod has 2 sec casting time Rinbo runs at close to sow speed. I had very difficult time passing him and cliking the rod at the with blihli on me. Plus the resists.

For the record, Rinbo moves at regular speed, there's no way to make the quest move itself when you fail, and we've been over these things before. If you don't think you'll be handle mean 'ol Rinbo, do a little extra prep work before you try his quest. If you still don't think you can cut it, do other quests. It's that simple.

Next question has anyone actually successfully finished this quest as it meant to be done? IE not just luck? Any tips for next time around I do this. Can he be snared?

IMO Tink this quest should tweaked a lil to make it more manageable.

I haven't attempted this quest, so I'm just spitballing here. Is it possible to clear the part of the zone through witch Rinbo runs, and then start the quest, so that Rinbo has a relatively free path?

Sergey what u said is very funny. You'll understand why when u know a lil more about that zone.

Drotic said:
has anyone actually successfully finished this quest as it meant to be done? IE not just luck? Any tips for next time around I do this. Can he be snared?
Yes, but I don't feel I would have succeeded without TBoots. Your best bet is to have some run speed buff on before starting the quest, running ahead of Rinbo to each turn (corner) in the path, positioning yourself behind the turn (where the X is, assuming Rinbo would be running from the bottom of the screen to the top), and trying to cast on him at such a time that the spell from the prod lands when Rinbo reaches the turn (corner) in the path, marked by the bolded line.

\
\
\
|X (stand here)
|
|
|

As soon as the spell lands (or even just a split second before), you'll need to run ahead to the next turn (corner) and be ready to go again. On a side note, you should turn your clip plane as high as you can without getting too much lag, so you'll know when you're close enough to do one final prod to point Rinbo directly to the guard once he has a clear path.

seregel said:
I haven't attempted this quest, so I'm just spitballing here. Is it possible to clear the part of the zone through witch Rinbo runs, and then start the quest, so that Rinbo has a relatively free path?
Nope. They deathtouch a lot.

seregel said:
lol. Okay, then. Scratch that idea out. Ricking more laughter here... Can they be lured away from Rinbo's path by allies?

They DEATH TOUCH. If you get close enough to lure one away, you're dead.

Ykari07 said:
They DEATH TOUCH. If you get close enough to lure one away, you're dead.

I take it, then, that Death Touch is an effect that can be used at range beyond that at which PCs can see the mobs. That just stinks. Otherwise, I would have thought that a PC might spot the mob outside of Death Touch range, hit it with a spell or an arrow, and then pull it away. Bummer.

I remember kiting around mistlights before, I think.

Though, it's a been 2 or 3 years, so they might have been different back then.

Back
Top Bottom