Timeless Spell Fragment

Zapple

Dalayan Elder
Wisdom fragments. Specifically the one that looks like this
item_864.png
<-- this one, this guy

Sort of a whine thread, maybe not though?

In my guild alone there are 4 characters that need this exact page. 2 clerics, 1 shaman, 1 druid.

Other people I know of need this exact page including Lleoc's cleric and some healers in Exodus.

Since Lower/Upper Thaz Tower were removed, this page has went from something that people said was not that hard to obtain to impossibly rare. Wisdom fragments don't seem to be random drop like Int archaic pieces were, either.

In ToT for example...

Bloodfire trash wing drops this one exclusively:
item_1004.png

Mephar wing trash drops this one exclusively:
item_1005.png

Farhag wing trash drops this one exclusively:
item_823.png

In UC/Frost the chance is so rare that I've seen a single digit number of fragments since they were added there, whereas I've seen literally dozens of every other page drop except
item_864.png
in ToT, and ToT has a drop chance that seems about in-line with int frags from rust/prison/valor b.

Thaz probably worked the same way with the drops being largely static per wing. I remember getting quite a few
item_1004.png
pages from LT Air. ToT and Thaz were the only sources

Is it possible for this to be looked at, maybe add the
item_864.png
Timeless Spell Fragment to Djar or the lobby trash in ToT? I don't know. I'm sure other wis casters who've not seen this since the removal of thaz can confirm what I'm talking about here about its current rarity.

visual aid really helped here

but yeah, UT used to drop exclusively the full page (and zombie page from bosses) so removing UT was a pretty big deal!

Add one more druid to the list of that specific page, all other pages drop but that one...

Done ToT wich obviously doesnt drop it (No,never seen it of Folerit like some ppl say is possible) and never seen one i PoFrost...

Agree with Zapple that its a bit unbalanced that you can get 10 copies of all other pages but not the jaggered full page.

I've seen full wis page drop off folerit maybe 3 times and i've done that zone a lot lot. Also once off generals. But aside from that yea not seen them in tot. UT was the place to farm it which is no longer available. +1 to op

Last edited:
I agree w/ OP, Mgkida still needs his frag. I've seen about 10 mage frags in our time but only one Wis frag.

I always kinda wondered about this from an outside observer kinda perspective as a monk, but now that I'm occasionally hitting this stuff with my shaman it hits more home. The int caster frags are from debatably (sp?) easier zones and seem to drop far more commonly. I don't have any numerical evidence or anything that always gets asked for in these type threads, but if these assumptions are actually true, more from a curiosity standpoint than a complaint, is there any reason for such a difference? I assume there's a good one. I've just always wondered what it was.

Any Devs or so that wants to tell us that we are wrong and that the full page is common as hell? Or that it is more rare then anything else and will be looked at..?

Basically yes that's what I was hoping for with this thread, that it could be looked at with regards to drop rate, number of mobs that drop it, etc. and I could either be told that the droprate is fine and I'm a gay baby for posting about it or that whoops, should probably add that somewhere else so that there isn't a massive bottleneck in wisdom caster archaic spells.

I have been was told "It still drops" and I know it does but the rarity seems insane. I know of exactly 2 times it's dropped since thaz was removed. Once in Undercity when Llewellyn got his final piece (Druid), and then once when Bango helped Prophecy pug Farhags, and Folerit dropped the cleric piece (he linked it to me). Seen every other frag dozens of times in that time period.

So, how many pieces of this kind have dropped since this post was made?
One? Two?

Has anyone with access to this kind of database checked if there actually IS mobs that can drop this piece beside in UC and Folerit?

Ok so here is an update on the status of this.

Tonight, I got my page from Undercity trash. So my cleric now has an archaic spell.

I have also seen a shaman page from Frost trash (one of the ice golem guys that can drop the ice elemental illusion click).

So to answer your question probably two have dropped since the original post was made.

It still seems really rare to have seen or heard of this graphic page dropping a grand total of 4 times since thaz was removed, compared to dozens and dozens of drops of every single other page. Doesn't seem in-line with Int archaics or really how Wis archaics were before the removal of Thaz. It may be a good idea to look into this, if anyone really cares. A lot of people are cockblocked needing this page.

Back
Top Bottom