Tides of Blood bugs

Haenir

Dalayan Master
Petitioned and was told to post. I'm going to include all the bugs I've noticed so far in the questline, but bug 3 is what I'm interested in.

Bug 1 -/bug reported 2/28/2015.
During an early part of the questline, you are supposed to defend the Barbarian outpost in Sundered Mountains from an attack. Quest dialogue indicates that the attack should last 20 minutes, at which point a Taldorian army comes to your aid. This part appears to bug if you kill the waves too fast (killed in 7 minutes), and no Taldorians arrive. Hailing Clan Chief Svartbjorn 10 minutes after the event started allowed the quest to continue. This fight also has some buggy mechanics, which may be intended: (1) AE taunt affects the Barbarians you are defending, (2) Frankie Furfoot summons mobs to him (significantly increasing the difficulty of keeping him alive).​

Bug 2 - /bug reported 3/23/2015
During a late part of the quest Tarhansar tells you to gather items to de-petrify a quest NPC. The initial instructions say to use these on the victim - but if you rehail Tarhansar at a later point, he tells you to give them to him / his projection / Elder Bremm. I can easily imagine someone stopping in the quest, forgetting where they are supposed to hand these in, re-hailing, and becoming completely stuck.​

Bug 3
At what seems to be the final battle in the questline, you are supposed to go to a specific place (island of sand in a sea of ice) with a specific item (created in the questline) to fight Temptation, Daugther of Dis. I am relatively sure that I have found the correct location, but there is no quest spawn / update. Is this bugged, or simply unimplemented?
Bug 4
Clicky from the aug does not work once put into a charm. Would be nice if this were fixed to work / changed to worn EB.

Last edited:
as far as bug 3 goes it was never fully implemented as Cyzaine had disappeared due to RL iisues iirc and never returned.

Basically unless a dev contacts him for permission to work on it it never will be.

If you fail at part 1 (barbarian outpost fight) the reset timer on it is completely wonky. Sometimes I could reattempt immediately, other times it took 10 minutes, other times I had to come back the next day. Couldn't ever figure out a reason why it changed.

I don't remember Frankie ever summoning but he does make a shitton of aggro by spamming nukes.

If you fail at part 1 (barbarian outpost fight) the reset timer on it is completely wonky. Sometimes I could reattempt immediately, other times it took 10 minutes, other times I had to come back the next day. Couldn't ever figure out a reason why it changed.

The (4?) times I failed, it was a consistent wait of 30 minutes for the Clan Chief to respawn.

It must secret bro code for previous work to be left unfinished so when they return 10 years later and complete the 1 line of code they will finish their lifelong masterpiece and take their rightful place in pantheon of prudent developers.

Last edited:
Bug 4
Clicky from the aug does not work once put into a charm.​

FYI the clicky now works while augged into charms that don't already have a worn effect on the charm (including recovery). Maybe this info will help fully fix this bug?

FYI the clicky now works while augged into charms that don't already have a worn effect on the charm (including recovery). Maybe this info will help fully fix this bug?
What a strange caveat. The logical solution may simply be to strip the wonky clicky from the aug and toss in an instant-cast EB clicky somewhere along the questline. It would be akin to how Tarhyl worshippers get a free lev clicky in the course of their quest. That might require some minor dialog rewrites and also the creation of a new item though...

What a strange caveat. The logical solution may simply be to strip the wonky clicky from the aug and toss in an instant-cast EB clicky somewhere along the questline.

considering the fact that the PoWater deity neck puts you underwater id say that this is a good idea. Also maybe a mob a Tarhansar sworn toon can hail for eb at zone in would be good...Or just change the gate neck port in location to the entrance would be wise.

Back
Top Bottom