This server just sucks arses... alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i'm no world builder, nor a programmer, so i'm not really sure what options you have available. But truth be told, it's all personal preference. Not everyone will like your server. Some people don't want to waste 2 months to get to level 60 on an emu server, whereas some people do. If you want to attract people who have 5-8 hours a day to play, then you shouldn't change a thing. It seems that many people enjoy things the way they are. This was the first legit server to open it's doors, and the longest running server. Obviously you're doing something right.

I've played 3 different classes, and wasn't satisfied with the rate of advancement. Really that's all it comes down to. You fill a niche in the servers that has a large following. Sorry if i came across as complaining, it's really more of a point of view. I'll stick to servers that advance fast enough to hold my interest. Hopefully this thread helps save someone from the frustration i've felt.

The fun comes from the challenge. If u don't like challenge, go play on a non legit server, where u ll summon ur gear and #kill the mobs. You'll see how fun it is after a few minutes.

a few examples :

I have a 60 magician on this server, i ve been lucky to get my ancient pet. That pet is lvl 55, and soloes lvl 51 kobolds in Velk without needing a heal (should i really write that... huh, i wonder...). Tho, i can't solo the portal guardian which is lvl 55, even if i spam the pet of healings or burn the mob to hell... man i tried 4 times, and died 3 times. I just can't do it !
be sure that i enjoyed doing this, it sounds like a duel, you against the mob, this is challenging.

When i was 20, i met another magician in EW, he was around 35, and camping orcs at the orc fort. He asked me if i wanted the robe that drops there (see dujek's post). I didnt refused, and we pulled the named orc. we had to kite it for 15 minutes all around EW to kill it, not enough mana, pets to weak... this was an epic battle i ll remember for long!

Monday night, we were in a 5 group in sebilis, all lvl 60, trying to get our friend SK a good helmet, without monk, without cleric, without chanty. The pull was 3 mobs, one was the named, the 2 other ones were 2 big brutes that nobody of us could mezz tank. Nazul, the SK, died 2 or 3 times in a row trying to get them single. without expecting a rezz. We didnt killed the named mob and he didnt got his helmet, we all died.
But we tried! had fun doing it and didnt regreted it!

All is a question of point of view... what do you want? having high end gear and being lvl 60 in 3 hours ? without knowing anything about the game, the mobs, the zones ? Or invest time on your character, exploring reworked zones, with reworked mobs, finding new items, meeting people to group with... etc etc...

Frankly, if you belong to those group of people who spend more time looking at their equipment than playing EQ, you'd better run your own private server, create your items, place them on lvl 2 mobs and go kill them with your lvl 80 warrior, dual weilding 50/1 swords that proc sunstrike.

Decimal

Astemus said:
Well, i'm no world builder, nor a programmer, so i'm not really sure what options you have available. But truth be told, it's all personal preference. Not everyone will like your server. Some people don't want to waste 2 months to get to level 60 on an emu server, whereas some people do. If you want to attract people who have 5-8 hours a day to play, then you shouldn't change a thing. It seems that many people enjoy things the way they are. This was the first legit server to open it's doors, and the longest running server. Obviously you're doing something right.

I've played 3 different classes, and wasn't satisfied with the rate of advancement. Really that's all it comes down to. You fill a niche in the servers that has a large following. Sorry if i came across as complaining, it's really more of a point of view. I'll stick to servers that advance fast enough to hold my interest. Hopefully this thread helps save someone from the frustration i've felt.

/shrug

You're free to pick and choose what you want to play, and what you don't. I don't intend to let anyone get 60 in a day, because that absolutely removes the point of level 60 as an achivement.

As a side note..

I got 40-50 with both my chars on duo in about 1-2 weeks. But I played much and had a cool weapon to start with, including those nice high level guys who gave me an item or two. But the rest I earned myself. I was pissed because of bugs and stuff in the beginning but believe me, there were many more bugs 2 months ago than it is now.

Also, the exp is more accelerated (per kill) than on eqlive. So the exp (again per kill) is not to complain about.

Like D said, when 0.5.0 is released more players will be able to play eqemulator, because those who patched live after 26th august are unable to play eqemulator atm. WR has been bigger before and people have been able to group like live, it was just that one live patch who fooked people up :/

That means your groupies have problems logging in right now and will be able to when the new version of EQemulator is available!

And that IMO, has nothing to do with the server. The server is built to encourage grouping, like live. So practically, all group-encouraging servers would take damage of this patch on the "doom-day" aug 26.

Here's a List of solo places that I did back when I was still pretty active :p
1-21 Great Divide
21-29 EW/KD/Unrest
30-35 CS/CC/Nurga
35-40 SG/CC

Be happy how thing are for you now. Back when we actually HAD to solo 95% of the time, and the server was riddled with bugs, we had basically our determination, the hard work of the dev's, and a fun atmosphere to keep us going. My Leve 42 SK has used two sets of Armor (both quest), and franky, compared to what you guys have at your disposal now it would be considered horrible. But its for the love of a different play style, the new experiences, and wit LITTLE exception the great playerbase. This server has so many zones at its disposal now, and most of them probably go unused, I'm surpirsed that the GM's keep them, but its for the chance to give you the ability to explore this game to the fullest that they work so hard. Have fun, thats what WR is about anyway.

There are obvious degrees of difficulty to playing on a server. And there is more than just getting lvl 65 in 3 hours. You all leveled quickly because of an advantage over other people. Whether it was regening mana 10% a tick, or some really nice item that wasn't supposed to drop, or other people leveling with you, giving you advice. But the truth is, most people on your server aren't helpful at all to people who are new, and the only reply i would get in ooc to a question was silence, or "you're momma" basically. This of course wasn't true when Wiz was on, because he was very helpful to everyone who asked, and also icarius(sp?). But especially on a server where everything's different, knowlegde is power, and most high level people wouldn't share it. These elitest ideals have no place on a friendly server. While there are alot of nice people here, people i would have liked to play with more, It's a very negative place for people who aren't "in the circle."

Lol, I was lurking on this project when it was just a forum and a dream. I remember when i was approved to play and logged on for the first time, then waiting forever for the server to come back up. I've been here longer than most of you. I guess it's time to wait again, maybe by next year you'll get things worked out.

I think you misunderstood my point. At least I have never been able to regen 10% mana per tick (not even at level 1). So I don't really know what you're talking about there. No kind of advantages here..

I agree with you about that not all are helpful. But try to log on Live and ask how you make hotkeys. If you are higher than level 5 people will laugh at you and call you a n00b. I myself try to help out as much as possible and really think it is stupid to give answers like "Your momma" and stuff. Just don't care for those who do, there will be shitheads everywhere you go, even if it's live or an eqemulator server (from my experience that is). Just have to deal with it really :/

All you need to do to get into what you call "the circle" is to be a nice person and not beg and whatnot. I really never noticed what you are saying myself. I still think it is just some people who are shitheads.

Astemus said:
There are obvious degrees of difficulty to playing on a server. And there is more than just getting lvl 65 in 3 hours. You all leveled quickly because of an advantage over other people. Whether it was regening mana 10% a tick, or some really nice item that wasn't supposed to drop, or other people leveling with you, giving you advice. But the truth is, most people on your server aren't helpful at all to people who are new, and the only reply i would get in ooc to a question was silence, or "you're momma" basically. This of course wasn't true when Wiz was on, because he was very helpful to everyone who asked, and also icarius(sp?). But especially on a server where everything's different, knowlegde is power, and most high level people wouldn't share it. These elitest ideals have no place on a friendly server. While there are alot of nice people here, people i would have liked to play with more, It's a very negative place for people who aren't "in the circle."

Lol, I was lurking on this project when it was just a forum and a dream. I remember when i was approved to play and logged on for the first time, then waiting forever for the server to come back up. I've been here longer than most of you. I guess it's time to wait again, maybe by next year you'll get things worked out.

You're growing more annoying as this thread goes on.

I've found, and seen, almost all of our players to be generally helpful people. I watched a newbie Cleric just an hour ago get several answers to OOC questions from three or four different people at a time. There are no answers of 'your mother' jokes.

If you'd been lurking here as long as you claim, you wouldn't be making these posts. You'd know how to handle problems, and where to go for equipment and experience. And you'd also know Wiz has run the thing since the beginning. I know this, because I've been here off and on since the beginning as well.

Care to invalidate your arguments any more, mein frienden?

D said:
You're growing more annoying as this thread goes on.

I've found, and seen, almost all of our players to be generally helpful people. I watched a newbie Cleric just an hour ago get several answers to OOC questions from three or four different people at a time. There are no answers of 'your mother' jokes.

If you'd been lurking here as long as you claim, you wouldn't be making these posts. You'd know how to handle problems, and where to go for equipment and experience. And you'd also know Wiz has run the thing since the beginning. I know this, because I've been here off and on since the beginning as well.

Care to invalidate your arguments any more, mein frienden?

That actually helped a lot. I was scared to die once I memmed spells.. Heh.

...Whether it was regening mana 10% a tick, or some really nice item that wasn't supposed to drop, or other people leveling with you...

hahaha.

when i dinged 60 (mag) :
mask slot : cloth mask (still wearing it)
robe, pants, gloves, sleeves : gnoll skin (still having pants / gloves / sleeves), got it in a group at lvl 50
fingers : 3 int rings, bought at lvl 12 or so in erudin (still wearing them)
shield : CC shield, got at lvl 40 in a group (still using it)
I got the other items from guild raids.

my currently lvl 52 BST, that we could call a TWINK :
ears : wyvern claw earrings, from lvl 30 wyverns in CS
rings : from an unrest named, lvl 30 or so
legs, tunic, sleeves, gloves : CS armor, components dropping from lvl 20+ mobs or skulker's armor from nurga's goblins (lvl 30 max)
mask, belt : from warrens kobolds.

You're arguements are pointless, really. you know nothing about WR and prove it again and again. You can play the game without ubber gear, without help, just alone (btw, did 50 60 in solo with magician).

If we gonna talk about EQ live.. errr..
Sorry pall but bronze armor drops in Unrest at lvl 12-20
(Sorry for my bad English before iam getting hit cause of that but its not my first language)

i played EQ live for like 5 years and i think its very frustrating to play there, but you made it even worse on your server.
And to make it up with that druid/ranger.
No mobs agro'ed on us till a GM started to fook around and sended mobs on us. how else can a mob agro on us what is out of agro range?
(Sure she just walked in when we died to ress us. har har)

and to have some more fun. got my BST to lvl 30, and now i got the money bug, means... try to get the money out of your pocked to delete it and you got disconnected, dont do it and you cant move cause your to heavy.. Fun Fun.. soo good to have 165kpp on copper lol
Then the server detects i have 165kpp and disconnects me cause i can cheat on that, you better write something that it just delete the pp insteed of annoying the player.

Did i already said that leather armor drops in Crushbone of lvl 4 mobs?
And uh.. when i die on lvl 13 then i lose like 9 yellow on exp, boxed 2 chars, 1 died and the other did not, the 1 who didnt die made 2 levels while the other char was still paying back the debt... Ouch

Noo, you did a fine job here /grin
i also stay with my opinion

And i know, nobody gets paid for this cause we all doing this for fun.
But this is still retarted

and special for MR, Druid/Ranger, if you cant see the difference between a male and female then i dont wanna know with what you have sex with since you called me a few times 'he'

Have fun :censored:

Your right but i like to say when peoples did screw it up alot :lol:
I hope they learn from it.
and uh.. my last words, have fun with a lvl 60 char in bronze armor, still retarted to me, has to be me :?
/finger

unless your some sort of fairy princess thats going around turning people into tarts and back to normal and back to tarts it's spelled RETARDED

and you can delete that 1.5 billion pp just fine. it crashes when you try to keep it. and why did you even bother leveling to 30 if the server sucks so bad anyways?

You're quite hilarious, Ancelique. Bronze armor drops in unrest from level 12-20? Guess what. Plate armor (More AC than bronze, if you didn't know that!) and black steel armor drops in hole from level 20-30. Chain armor drops from unrest mansion mobs and plate armor drops from upper mansion mobs and cellar mobs. Added to this is the large number of armor sets and similar things that EQlive didn't have at those low levels. (Soft Leather, the 9 nameds in warrens, stuff like that), as well as the Cobalt Scar quest armor.

You're whining, bitching and screaming instead of posting a simple, "Exp debt is too steep", or "Armor should drop more". You're coming off as a spoiled little brat that expects everything to be perfect and made for you the first time around. Honestly, the only impression you're giving is a quite pathetic one. You're like one of those petty little people, so devoid of any meaning, that they exhagerrate every minor conflict in their lives, starting a two-hour fight over the way the milk carton should be facing in the fridge or something.

Tell me, how does it feel to be so self-righteous, so self-centered, and yet so devoid of social ability, so petty, and so completely... meaningless, that all you come off as is some kind of a charade?

No fucking GM sent kobolds on you. You're crediting yourself way too high if you think anyone of us would bother with the effort to type out an #attack just to make your miserable existance more miserable. If anything, I feel sorry for you.

But.... but.... but the GM's are after me! ;) They find me and make me kill things.... which is pretty cool when you think about it.... hehe

I'm one of those people who tend to reply with "Your mom" to most anything. Whyyyy? Cos I'm a bitch. It's my 'thing.'

I agree with some of the points, but mainly this whole thing stems from the fact there's absolutely no lower level players at the moment. /shrug.

And laziness. To rhe server in general, the few who have/are/will play sub-40...

GET THE FUCK OUT OF UNREST.

It's a crappy zone! Why do people insist on leveling there?! I was wondering this back when there was maybe two other zones to level in. Why did this person stick in Unrest?

And goddamn it, quit *bitching.* Just because you CAN bitch and have someone reply to it doesn't mean you have to do it! I don't friggin' care how impotent and worthless EQLive has made you feel --

People here may reply but they don't care.

At least I don't. Then again, I'm a bitch, so yeah~

I'm all for a character wipe if it wasn't for the fact that half the server would then leave, and our numbers are already kinda low, plus Wiz is all altrustic about that, you BASTARD.

Wah, the coding isn't perfect. Please Za, spend hours and hours coding a player-friendly temporary fix rather than putting in a quick, effective, but painful fix so you can get to fixing the problem itself!

GO MAKE YOUR OWN SERVER.

Wait, what's that? You can't even operate things well enough to getthe emulator to function? Don't have a clue how to code, let alone for something like EQEMU?

THEN STFU. Coding issues happen. Things slip through, even when it's supposed to be fixed. People suck, beta sucks, and in general emulators /suck/.

Additionally, YOU SUCK.

There's a GM event? GET OUT OF THE ZONE. GM events have NPCs. Evil NPCs don't go "Hey, those nice little people are leaving us alone, let's do the same to them!" They aren't sentient creatures anymore. Get over it.

Nobody to play with, elitist attitudes. Yes, and? Welcome to the world of any game, have you SEEN any other EqEmu servers? People here are fucking SAINTS compared to any other game, let alone any other emulation server.

Oh, by the way?

You all suck.

Don't bother replying or quoting or arguing with anything said in this post; I am a wreckingball of illogic and won't read your brainless posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom