[Think Tank] Third Warrior Tome Idea(s)

Kedrin

Dalayan Pious Diety
jack_zpsa01dc2bb.jpg

I think it would be sweet to see a Warrior in SoD Dual wielding shield just because it would be cool as hell.

Stone Wall

• Rank 1 -

Grants the Warrior the ability to use a Shield in their Secondary as a weapon.
    All shields would be .5 ratio based on the amount of AC they had (not counting aug)
    Example- Shield of Meditative Terror has 100 AC so it would turn into a 50/100 (Damage/Delay) weapon.
    I feel that a shield with more AC would be more "heavy" and there for a slower to swing however it would hurt more to get hit with.

• Rank 2 -

Grants the Warrior the ability to use a Shield in their Primary slot.
    This one is rather basic. It would allow Warriors to get a rather large boost in tank ability however do quite a bit less DPS/threat

• Rank 3 -

Increases the ratio of shields to .75 again based on the AC on the shield
    Example- Shield of Meditative Terror has 100 AC as it would now turn into a (75/100) weapon

• Rank 4 -

Grants the Warrior the ability to use a Shield in their Secondary when wielding a 2 handed weapon in their Primary.

I'm not even sure this is possible but I think the idea is fun to think about. Not 100% sure about the ratios and if this would be too overpowered. Perhaps Rank 4 is a bit much...

Last edited:
I think it's a neat concept; numbers probably too big to be in line with other class tomes. Frankly this one feels like it would actually be significant and would let warriors change how often they can use shields on big encounters. Whereas other tomes are not necessarily significant or even useful. Being able to generate agro with even a 0.5 ratio while holding a shield would be huge on a named encounter; still leaves agro issues though. Which brings me to my hopes for this tome....

PLEASE MAKE TOME 3 ABOUT GENERATING AGGRESSION.

Short of a re-balancing of numbers this tome feels like it is a warrior's last chance to have the agro gap narrowed between tanks. Refer to the hate bot thread (https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/index.php?threads/king-of-the-haters-january-2014-edition.28623/).
Crynel, one of the top geared warriors in the history of this game, was 62,255 hate; he also has the emberflow hate tome. This put him at SEVENTH place in the Shadowknight list behind Zatail (no EF tome, no class tomes, not even CoP 4 completed), who at that point was approximately Tier 8. It put him at SIXTH place for Paladins behind Zioni (no EF tome). I have no idea where Zioni was in gear at that point in time but probably T9/10.

The top SK and Paladin each had over double the hate generation of the top warrior. Yes, I know the top paladins were using spells they normally wouldn't use in raids. The relative hate numbers still show there is a significant gap. I'm not saying make warriors even with them; I'm saying make warriors agro generation not so low a knight without T10 gear can put out bigger numbers than the top geared warrior. Because if that gap is there for T13 war vs T8 knight, try being an on-tier warrior for an encounter and what that implies for the raid.

Please make Tome 3 improve agro generation of our hate stance.

I think it is safe to say Berserk is quite lackluster. Perhaps we could ask them to add a +Hate proc when a critical strike is triggered due to low hp? That might make the tome a bit better and also fix some of the aggro problems you're talking about without using a whole class tome.

Beserk is lackluster because it has so little influence; added crits determined by missing health for the guy you want to keep healed because raid mobs will flatten you with two good rounds? Ugh. Reword your suggestion to bonus hate for any crit.

For that matter make foelock have bigger influence as weapons or max hp improve so it's tied to character progressions.

Or allow the warrior to re-establish himself in the foe's eyes: Foelock will automatically trigger every so often, duration shortened as you complete more class tomes.

Edited to fix my dumb fingers.

For that matter make foelock have bigger influence as weapons or max hp improve so it's tied to character progressions.

This should be a thing regardless of tomes. Attaching some foelock scaling mechanism to hps would be a cool move.

As for the OP dual shields would be awesome, but I imagine that would be a PITA to end all PITA to make work. Maybe just:
Tome: Grants the Warrior the ability to use a Shield in their Secondary as a weapon.... damage scales with each rank?

I think it would be cool if third tome could increase duration/amount of hate generated from bloodlust

or maybe give us a skill that gives like 1500 hate ( number can be adjusted of course )
Greavius let's out a ferocious growl , something along that line idk

kind of bland i know but would be effective

Last edited:
No one wants duel wielding shields?!?!??!

wtf

burningviking_zps82d7d251.png

I guess it would look awful in game since all the shields are made for the left hand....

Yeah, the left hand thing would be a problem. So would all the warriors knocking themselves out whenever they tried to pick their noses.

Imo, the problem with dual wielding shields is that so much of a warrior's ability and strength derives from their weapons. To take those away to use something special seems inherently backwards.

Violent rage

The more foe's you are fighting the more aggressive you become causing your attack's to induce more anger in your opponent's

or

The strength of your enemy fuel's your lust for battle, increasing the amount of hate you generate depending on the mob's con/level ( so mob's that are higher level then you, you will generate more aggro would be excellent for raids)

Call to Arm's

Summon's a apparition of a deceased soldier to fight along side the warrior momentarily,
after a short period it is called back to it's grave and all aggro it has created get's transfered to the warrior.
each rank the apparition get's stronger

just spitting out idea's here feel free to call them dumb if they are and i'll go a different route/think of other thing's then hate generation

Last edited:
Spirit of the Warrior

Each tome gets closer to turning the warrior into an avatar of Ethann. One tome gives him the chance to summon boars of war, another is further improved dmg reduction, spell reduction, and lastly phantom strikes for a short time.

Sounds OP.

Spirit of the Warrior

Each tome gets closer to turning the warrior into an avatar of Ethann. One tome gives him the chance to summon boars of war, another is further improved dmg reduction, spell reduction, and lastly phantom strikes for a short time.

Sounds OP.

First rank summon one boar and each rank adds 1 gg

Art of Blood and Steel - Increases effects/duration and damage of stamina activated abilities by (insert % here) per rank. offensive abilities like Driving strike, whirlwind, mighty kick, and rampage would get diffrent %'s (higher most likely) then defensive/support abilities since say 20% to defend would be really powerful. i know its boring but its a thing i thought of.

may be boring but it would help,

idk if they would be able to code it in or not but your post gave me an idea of

each rank give's you a chance to "repeat" the skill you just used maybe just use it on the offensive one's

so say you use WW, you get a 2% chance to repeat at 0 endurance cost. ( and as usual number can be adjusted )

As an experienced warrior in battle, you have learned to do more with less thus giving you a extra chance to lash out at your enemies.

Last edited:
Sorry about the topic rez, but when I found myself here I couldn't help but think....

STRONG MEN IN PARENTHESES

Rank 4 = awesome! (would be)

I don't know how that would work animation wise. I think a 2H weapon has a certain animation and wouldn't work well with a shield. Maybe i am wrong.

Rank 4 could also allow 2H use in both hands. :)

Rank 4 = awesome! (would be)

I don't know how that would work animation wise. I think a 2H weapon has a certain animation and wouldn't work well with a shield. Maybe i am wrong.

Rank 4 could also allow 2H use in both hands. :)

I think a 2hander in main hand and a .75 ratio shield in your offhand would be good enough.

My reason is that I do not understand why one class should be given an additional inventory slot when 14 other classes are not.

Back
Top Bottom