The Vah and Sihala

imalobster

Dalayan Beginner
Not really sure where to start here but I feel like the part of the Vah quest involving the Salve of Sihala should be looked at. Players who pledge to Sihala get completely screwed over. Non-Sihala can pop into Earth and kill some bosses and get their salves with ease. I have to go to Plane of Water and kill roughly 20 mobs that seem to spawn every 7-ish days for 4 items with an incredibly low drop rate. I've already heard the "Oh you shouldn't have pledged to Sihala" stuff from other players, but how in the world would someone know something like this unless they're a long time player with knowledge? I'm fairly new to SoD and if I knew this prior, I would've 100% NOT pledged to Sihala. Just seems pretty unfair in my opinion. Maybe changing the name of Irathi Beads to something like Beads of Tarhansar and making them drop off of bosses in Plane of Water would be a good option? Would seem balanced with the method to obtain the salves by non-Sihala players. Or just a big boost in drop rate from the trash I suppose.

Okay, I'm done complaining for now. Thanks for reading :)

The opposite advice used to be given/used. The bosses in poearth tend to get sniped so often finding enough up to get 4 salves is/was considered harder than just farming the trash a few clears. I don't think it hurts to add beads to bosses. As far as your luck getting the 'rare' beads, in my experience they aren't that rare so I assume that you are either unlucky or unused to the general rarity of planar quest drops.

I’m not sure if there is lore behind why only the Irathi hold these beads and why the brownie people of Earth dislike them. I think adding the beads to be a 100% drop off at least High Elder Bremm and possibly adding them to the other trash within the zone? I have heard both sides of the horror story. Camping 7-day spawn trash on respawn for months or getting several in a clear.

With salves there are 4 bosses that are guaranteed drops that have 7 day timers (along with them being rare from trash). In water, there is no guarantees drop at all. I think that’s probably the biggest discrepancy. It’s not very hard to get all of your earth salves anymore, not like it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom