The Purge

This thread should now be a formal request for jailings to show on fomelo and reason for jailings. I want to know my number :/

I can only remember like 4-5

I've only been jailed twice. Both for the same thing. Both for 999 days. I'd be okay with having 1998 of jail sentences shown on fomelo.

In all seriousness though, I do think that making banned characters unfomelo-able would be great. If someone wants to cheat to advance their characters then I'm all for removing the ability of them to show off the fruits of their labor.

I've only been jailed twice. Both for the same thing. Both for 999 days. I'd be okay with having 1998 of jail sentences shown on fomelo.

In all seriousness though, I do think that making banned characters unfomelo-able would be great. If someone wants to cheat to advance their characters then I'm all for removing the ability of them to show off the fruits of their labor.

Not all banned players are banned for cheating and not all banned players did anything that had an impact on their gear/aa's/tomes/anything.

As far as the top 5 goes...who really cares? If they are banned, they cannot advance their toon and will eventually be passed. The top 5 is just a list of the most active high end toons anyways. Not sure why everyone gets so worked up over it.

:psyduck: Yes, Fomelo was created only for the top 5 list. As far as people getting all worked up about the list...you are the first person to mention it. /shrug

Those characters are also available as an information resource. Getting rid of information resources is stupid and pointless.

Also it would be a pain in my ass.

A banned tag would not be terrible though.

Yeah, I care a ton about the list, that is why I never posted when I got on it. I do think it is a nice resource for people, though.

Also, if it is NOT about the top 5 then who gives a shit about banned members and their fomelos? I assumed it was talking about the top 5 since several on the top 5 are now banned. Who randomly fomelos banned people? I am confused now.

I have recently Fomelo'd several banned chars. Not for reasons that have anything to do with why they were banned but because I knew their original owners. Up until very recently I was on a very long break from SoD and for the sake of reminiscing I Fomelo'd people who were my friends and guildmates for years.

I am sure there are many reasons one may want to Fomelo characters who were banned, and likely without even knowing the character is in fact banned, I am also sure they do not all revolve around the Top5 list.

Alright, I guess I just don't busy myself with Fomelo'ing as much as some people. I used it when I was progressing to see how to gear my toons and occasionally for people I see in groups or OOC. I didn't realize people kept long lists of people to randomly Fomelo years later.

I still don't really care either way, but a toon that was banned for hacking has a 0% chance of coming back (after the appeal is denied), so I don't really see why anyone would care about their Fomelo at all.

I thought the purpose of fomelo was to use it and then tell scrubs you can't group because they suck too much.

OK, it really is a purge now - characters w/ a banned account status have been pushed out of the DB. Actually free'd up quite a bit of space!

As long as its not an automatic feature. Some of those people currently under restriction have emails in and awaiting responses. Would stink to have the toon deleted without due process first.

Agree - despite common belief, there are actually cases where jails/bans have been reversed (not common but possible; it's happened to me twice).

Just kind of curious, approx. how much space was freed up from these accounts? We talking gigs?

OK, it really is a purge now - characters w/ a banned account status have been pushed out of the DB. Actually free'd up quite a bit of space!

I do that with accounts also, from time to time.
Really saves on having to remember so many dang passwords...

and really:
What kind of freaks actually get Jailed? Ban ze haxorz! Machiavellian law is the only true law.

Last edited:
I kinda liked older banned characters being still on fomelo.

For example: Zhak. I thought it was really cool to see his gear from so long ago and compare it our up and coming monks gear. It was like a look into SoD history!

I thought it also posed more of a challenge for our monks to pass, which was also cool.

As far as the epeen statements, if its about epeen, why do we promote a top 5 list?

Anyways, fomelo is just a tool, so quit blaming the tool.

Secondly, its not like anyone is forcing you to fomelo banned people. If you don't want to acknowledge banned characters, then don't! It's pretty easy. As far as the banned tag, I think that would more than suffice in discrediting people.

A caveat could even be added to the top 5 saying, must not be banned, etc. There is so many other ways, but some of you nerds just had to do whatever you could to get on the top 5. Good job, i'll say.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom