The Paladin Class

I haven't played a paladin in a long time on sod in any serious capacity but please for the love of god get rid of the spell gem grey out timers on the hots + anything else I forgot.

Also it would be really cool to have them have a martyrs equivalent, on live they have a version that stuns/damages the target and heals its target and its a sick spell line(clerics get out).

Without knowing the ins and outs of what is actually possible within the code

Post current abilities/tomes/aas/spells that you feel are garbage and should be deleted forever.

As Ceto mentions above the Paladin's Undead DD makes 0 sense. A master of undead slaying and they get the same spells as a cleric 15 levels later. It would seem as though they should be further advanced than other classes in the undead damage department.

Something like:
Level 1: Undead DoT
Level 6: Undead DD
Level 11: Undead PBAoE

Give the undead DD procs some more pop with a 10% increase in damage and a hate component. Undead hate Paladins as much as Paladins hate the undead?
Should be comparable to DPS class dots and AoEs.

Divine Radiance:

This is a terrible ability. It is amazing lore-wise though. Sheer will that keeps you from dying to your greatest foe. How about instead of that we get 2 things fitting in line with both the lore and the intent to increase Paladin Undead DPS.

Paladins take 2/4/6/8 % less damage from undead
Paladins criticals do 2/3/4/5 x the damage

Very situational but very much in line with the AAs intent, lore and IMO the class as a destroyer of undead

Holy Constitution:

As noted above it does not affect HoTs and for the most part is useless at the tier you will be getting this AA at. As noted above I agree with the increasing self heals by a substantial number.

Spell: Taraztu's Healing Flames:

For everything I went through back in the day to get this spell it is virtually useless. Either change it to a much larger heal, a group heal, or something that makes the 5 minute cooldown worth it or make this spell more special. Keep the heal component but possibly add:

Large AC buff for 1m
Large DS for 30s
Deathsave % for 10s
Large fire based proc for 30s

Make it a much larger heal by having it repeat for 3 ticks - stacking with everything else if possible.
Make it heal for 3030 instead but unable to crit.
Make it a group heal for 1005

How do you feel about stuns?

Global stun timer makes stuns pretty meh. I feel like a huge part of the class is not useful in that way.

What are your thoughts on blinds?

It is basically the entire rotation.

Blind->Higher level blind->AoE Blind->Divine Stun-> repeat

It does really feel bad to have to mash all aggro and never get to press other buttons.

Do you have any good ability ideas you want to share?

Just a pretty simple QoL spell. Lvl 65 - preferably quested or dropped from a groupable mob. We already have the ability to cast this level of buff it would be just better if it was group wide and was one cast instead of 13 casts.

Protector of the Faith: (group buff)
Slot 1: Increase AC by 18 (65 Spell AC)
Slot 2: Increase Max Hit Points by 400
Slot 3: Increase Max Hit Points by 700
Slot 4: Increase AC by 30 (105 Spell AC)

Changes to Paladin Hate generation - these should be in current line with the terror line for SKs - but SKs are due some top end aggro help too

Level 2: Flash of Light - PBAoE - Reduce Attack by 5 - Increase Hate by 10 and 3 per tick for 4 ticks
Level 35: Gleam of Light - PBAoE - Reduce attack by 15 - Increase Hate by 150 and 100 per tick for 4 ticks
Level 50: Flame of Light - Targeted AoE that does not hit the caster - 3 Waves of 150 damage and 250 hate
Level 55: Blinding Light - Single Target - Reduce attack by 20 - Increase hate 300 and 200 per tick for 4 ticks
Level 62: Wave of Light - PBAoE - reduce attack by 25 - Increase hate 500 and 300 per tick for 4 ticks
Level 65: Searing Light - Single Target - Reduce attack by 25 - Increase hate by 600 and 225 per tick for 6 ticks - Decrease HP by 200 and 20 per tick
Level 65: Descending Judgement - Targeted AoE that does not hit caster - 3 waves of 250 damage and 350 hate and 1s stun on 1st wave

honestly its a little degenerate that paladins can out threat every other class in the game doing nothing but pressing r2 and auto attack + bash but its preferable to actually having to cast spells on that class in my experience. long cast times and long spell gem refreshes / grey out time feel yucky without even factoring in the horrible state of mana for all hybrids (and even some of the caster dps) in this game.

I like some of the paladin style/discipline ideas, especially a "dps" stance. I recall having a brutal time leveling my paladin due to having such bad DPS with my Pal/Shaman duo, so any type of boost to DPS via the style/discipline system would certainly help the solo/duo game.

Back
Top Bottom