The Monk's Bible - Centralized Monk info

Jorlen

Dalayan Beginner
Good day to you all!

The purpose of this thread is to gather and compile all revelant and helpful information for the Monk class.

I'm going to do my best to edit, format and update this thread as much as possible, so I do encourage all other players to post corrections, additions, basically anything you think can help a monk out.

I'm rather new to SoD and haven't played the original game in two years, so I set out to gather as much stuff about the monk class as I could.  Figured it might help other new players, and even some experienced monks, to have a centralized area for all relevant / helpful monk information.  Hence this thread.

I'm going to split it in sections, and as the thread grows in size, I will update / re-arrange it as necessary.  If you have any ideas on how to reorganize this post, please feel free to offer your advice, as I welcome constructive criticism.

Section 1 - General monk information

WEIGHT LIMIT: The monk weight limit is 14 stones + level/10.  Note that a monk going above this limit will suffer an avoidance penalty (If someone knows the exact technical consequences, please post them)

MONK BARE FIST DAMAGE TABLE:

* Level 01: 6/30
* Level 06: 7/30
* Level 15: 8/30
* Level 20: 9/30
* Level 25: 9/29
* Level 30: 10/28
* Level 35: 10/27
* Level 40: 11/26
* Level 45: 11/25
* Level 50: 12/24
* Level 53: 12/23
* Level 56: 12/22
* Level 59: 12/21
* Level 60: 12/20
* Level 63: 13/19
* Level 65: 13/18

MONK STYLES

To use styles, type /style (or /s) and the corresponding number of the style. /style list will bring up the list of styles for your class.

Number . .Name . .Level . .Description . .
(1)Normal1The most basic combat style. Does not affect your combat in any way.
(2)Aggressive1Puts you into an aggressive stance, sacrificing avoidance for increased attack speed.
(3)Defensive1Puts you into a defensive stance, sacrificing attack speed for increased avoidance.
(4)Cryogenic Focusation10You gain a cold-based damage proc.
(5)Kinetic Focusation10You gain a fire-based damage proc.
(6)Reflexive Stance15You are able to react foes behind you, allowing you to dodge and block from all sides, as well as become immune to backstab.
(7)Flurry of Blows20Your attack speed is increased while your accuracy is decreased. (Does not work while wielding a Two-Handed Weapon)
(8)Fluid Dodge20Auto-Dodge Missile attacks.
(9)Raging Whirlwind30You lose double/triple attack but gain the ability to strike up to 4 nearby foes. (Does not work while wielding a Two-Handed Weapon)
(10)Wall of Wil35You become immune to Fear, Charm, Mesmerization and gain an increase in all resistances.
(11) Crushing Blow45You lose double/triple attack but damage is tripled. (Only works with Two-Handed Weapons)
(12)Dance of Death50You gain an increased chance to riposte while losing avoidance (Only works with Two-Handed Weapons with a max delay of 40)
(13)Rending Rage55Melee attacks interrupt enemy spell casting until you become exhausted.
(14)Ethereal Form60You become invulnerable until exhausted.
(15)Walk of the Transcendant65Your accuracy and avoidance are both increased.

Section 2 - Haste items list

Although these aren't exactly reserved for the monk class alone, I know all monks have a haste fetish, so I thought I'd add this list as well. Of course, there might be some items that monks cannot wear in this list, so if you see some, post and I'll remove them.

Disciple's Chestwraps of Balance - 3%
Silver Jacinth Ring - 4%
Silver Jacinth Earring - 4%
Silver Jacinth Necklace - 4%
Electrum Jacinth Ring - 6%
Electrum Jacinth Earring - 6%
Electrum Jacinth Necklace - 6%
Totem of the Claw-Leader - 7%
Ripped Black Cloak - 8%
Gold Jacinth Ring - 8%
Gold Jacinth Earring - 8%
Gold Jacinth Necklace - 8%
Summoned: Ring of Velocity - 9%
Platinum Jacinth Ring - 10%
Platinum Jacinth Earring - 10%
Platinum Jacinth Necklace - 10%
Girdle of Lightning - 12%
Dragonskin Sash - 15%
Speckled Obsidian Compass - 15%
Black Sash of Swiftness - 16%
Shoulderpads of Alacrity - 16%
Vest of Intangible Speed - 19%
Gilded Eyepatch - 20%
Pauldrons of Dragonkin - 20%
Idol of Melee - 20%
Turtle Skin Sash - 21%
Emerald Scale Cloak - 22%
Bloody Cloak of the Offering - 23%
Summoned: Bauble of Battle - 25%
Cloak of Blind Rage - 25%
Golem Pacemaker - 26%
Aeron Mithril Mantle - 26%
Robes of the Dark - 28%
Mantle of Swift Decisions - 30%
Ciadrian Crystal - 30%
Rage - 30%
Belt of Darting Blades - 32%
Cloak of the Infernal - 32%
Black Headband of War - 33%
Girdle of the Master - 33%
Quicksilver Gloves - 33%
Witbound Necklace - 34%
Cloak of Velocity - 34%
Vile Girdle of Fury - 36%
Boots of Wonderous Motion - 36%
Soulstone - 37%
Sash of Twitching Flesh - 37%
Cane of Blinding Strikes - 37%
Legwraps of Woven Quintessence - 37%
Seamless Cloak of Grace - 38%
Crystal-Shard Band  - 38%
Choker of Rapidity - 38%
Cloak of Pernicity - 38%
Gem of Chrono Shifting - 40%
Ysthar Battle Finery - 40%
Vile, Boots of the First Flesh - 42%
Cajaf, Choker of Recollection - 43%

Section 3 - Monk related quests / drops

In this section, I'd like to add details about monk related quests, as well as monk-friendly drops and where to get them.

So far, I don't have anything to add, but I will be doing some searches to try and find some.  If you know of a monk friendly armor piece, or weapon, please post the details here and I'll add it to the list.

( To be continued )

The wiki doesn't cover everything, and besides, It's all over the place, that's the problem. The goal of my post is to offer a sort of centralized information source for monks who are new to SoD or to the original game itself.

What I'd really like to build on is the quests and items that are monk-friendly, because as far as I know, there is no such thing that exists.

Solidude said:
I appreciate the effort, but wouldn't a better place for this kind of info be on the wiki perhaps?

A bit of this info is already there...http://www.angrygamer.net/sodwiki/index.php?title=Monk

Jorlen said:
The wiki doesn't cover everything, and besides, It's all over the place, that's the problem.  The goal of my post is to offer a sort of centralized information source for monks who are new to SoD or to the original game itself.

What I'd really like to build on is the quests and items that are monk-friendly, because as far as I know, there is no such thing that exists.

Why can't you do that on the Wiki? Nothing prevents you from creating such an article. It doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter kind of thing, you know. All you have to do is create the page and add links to it wherever people interested in the Monk class would see it (on the Monk class page, as an example).

Besides it's way easier to check the boards then browsing the Wiki for the information (assuming you don't have the page linked) and Jorlen is just starting that. Since he does it on the boards in a thread it's pretty easy to add additional information rather then get PMed about some Wiki guide. He can still put it into the Wiki when it's done.

Manluas said:
Besides it's way easier to check the boards then browsing the Wiki for the information (assuming you don't have the page linked) and Jorlen is just starting that. Since he does it on the boards in a thread it's pretty easy to add additional information rather then get PMed about some Wiki guide. He can still put it into the Wiki when it's done.

Even though it wasnt emphasized much in your post, I think thats a really good idea... If this thread is used as more of an area where thoughts and ideas can culminate, and then be refined and put onto the wiki. The wiki does indeed have iksar monk newbie quests, and I believe the starfall quests too, by the way, though a leveling/hunting/items to look for kind of guide would be really nice, I'd love to contribute, but am fairly low leveled and know fairly little. Just my 2 cents on the organization/management of said project.

There is also a Monk website that has a fair amount of monk information - at the following url Monks of Dalaya  Index

It doesn't have everything and its not too up-to-date but it is probably worth looking at... :)

NM, there was one there - just checked and its gone now :(

Back
Top Bottom