The 2 box rule needs to go away.

burt6

Dalayan Elder
I have asked a lot of people about this and why it exists and I get mostly vague sort of answers revolving around social-ability and hardware requirements from the old days.

I am sure that 2 boxing does help with some small things and there are certain things that it fixes but I think on balance it really is kind of a horrible rule that makes game-play on the server much worse, especially for buffing. Most people don't like boxing as it is, everyone is not going to immediately start running a full group of characters around. But even if they do? Who cares? This is going to make it a whole lot easier to buff, to fill out groups, to actually go places and fight monsters and do things. some people can play 1 guy and some people can play 3, content will still be the same built around the idea of things being a lot harder if you are boxing. I don't see how this is going to hurt, and if it does, it certainly helps a lot more in balance.

i would like this cleric, warrior, bard grp! times are indeed changing, We should change too.

Sweet then I'll be able to 3 box 4.3

But really buffing 2 toons... Who has that many sbs?????

Last edited:
No cap seems problematic (hello crashica), but raising the limit to three might be amicable to all parties? I do not see this idea making anyone want to quit and there are people who might like the idea of three boxing enough to log on and try it out.
On the less tangible benefits side, it creates the illusion of more people online which may help because seeing <100 at the server screen is depressing.

I cant see any harm done with being allowed to box 3 characters inside cities.
Im pretty sure three, four, penta, octo or what everboxing outside cities is a bad idea, as it will disencurage grouping

Im pretty sure three, four, penta, octo or what everboxing outside cities is a bad idea, as it will disencurage grouping
Idk, when I was farming sabutis rohk book, I never could get more than 2 noobs to leech, not even xp down there, and one of them was the same guy for a week lol. It's really hard to fill groups nowadays, it's pretty much guildies and friends in groups

Edit: but id definitely settle for 3 in cities only!!!

just bump it up to three.

logging in and not being able to do anything meaningful and then logging back out is what is discouraging grouping, this will at least let people go do some stuff on their own while they are waiting for group members.

Could buff timer's be frozen in some city zones as well? Not even sure this is possible. Or you could just make most buffs last forever.

if buffs lasted forever classes like enchanter and shaman wouldnt be desirable in exp groups or something like that

Could buff timer's be frozen in some city zones as well? Not even sure this is possible. Or you could just make most buffs last forever.

I'm not sure on this client but later on on live buffs last indefinitely in the guild hall/plane of knowledge.

For buffing, I'm 100% fine with this, but I am adamant that this is NOT a good idea for actual content!

Aside from disincentives toward grouping (keep all the plat to oneself), this is also going to create an inevitable gap between people who have the machines to quad+ box and those who don't. As a thought experiment, let's look at the fights which can be duoed vs the ones which are easily 1 grouped. Assuming the fight does not require extensive movement, many, many fights are easily 1-grouped because they function as a gear / numbers check, not a strat check. Something like this is going to lead to all of the lower level raid content being permafarmed by a few neckbeard types that have compulsions to gear out a new alt every week. Think about what a ringer tank with two highend dps, 2 clerics, and either a druid or shaman could do, and then explain how this won't break the crap out of this game.

No. Camp time in cities was reduced to 5 seconds to help people that want to buff via bots. I think it is obvious buff bots were not something foreseen or encouraged. If you don't want to invite people to a group, suck it up and buff yourself two minutes slower. Every character does not need full raid buffs. Want to buff quicker, take just what you need.

if buffs lasted forever classes like enchanter and shaman wouldnt be desirable in exp groups or something like that

Obviously a shot at my thread in SoD Discussion.

Good one bro. If you want to comment on it you should do it in that thread, not this one.

I'll add that if you want to improve buffing how about lobbying for classes with buffs that don't have SB to get it. *cough wizards cough*

Or even shaman stats to be combined into 1 buff (including acumen)

Back
Top Bottom