The 2.5 Bug List

Haenir

Dalayan Master
Meant to inform people about bugs. Feel free to post other bugs and I'll add them to this. Don't post exploitable bugs. As things get fixed I'll try to remove them from here.

Zone bugs:

• Fixed via patcher? The Arena -- non-Titanium installs use the new zone files, making the zone impossible to exit -- fix here
  • Fixed via patcher? HMal B -- some non-Titanium installs will load you into Neriak Palace instead -- fix here
  • Fixed via patcher? Sea of Swords -- some non-Titanium installs fail to load this zone -- use these files to fix
  • Fixed via patcher? Eastern Plaguelands -- some non-Titanium installs fail to load this zone -- use these files to fix
  • Runnyeye to Deepshade zoneline -- can warp you into the wall, shrink/illusions/evac are all helpful as is moving slowly towards the zoneline and using /rewind
  • Zoning from Cyclops Gorge to Whisperling Forest will occasionally zone you to Runneyeye (this bug predates 2.5)
Item bugs:
  • Worn see invis does not work
  • Player to player trades can't be initiated after using a merchant (duck/stand to fix)
  • dropping multiple items in the same location will eat them
  • dropping items near a ts container will eat them
  • auto-looting multiple items w/ no inventory space will eat them
  • using the bandolier will occasionally eat items
  • swapping an item with a stack of ammo actively used bye /cm autofire will eat the item sometimes
  • the [PRISTINE] tag only shows up on items when first looted (and disappears after zoning) -- unclear if the bonus is working serverside
  • Vendors buy things for 10% higher price than 2.0
  • food quality tags (e.g., This is a hearty meal) are all showing up as lowest quality in the client (long lasting food seems to last as long as it should however)
  • 10 charge items (e.g., medical kits, some tinkered items) only have 1 charge
General Spell bugs:
  • Cast on you messages not showing in client
  • Cast on target messages not showing in client
  • Identify not working (does not provide item lore information)
UI bugs:
  • Text from some books gets cut off mid-page: fix here
  • Worn ATK does not show up in player stats (limited parsing seems to show it might be working server-side)
  • Stats/Resists do not update immediately upon buffing (one can swap in and out an item to display correct stats)
  • filters from /filter need to be reapplied after zoning (as long as you update one of the categories all others will apply)
Encounter bugs (most of these are probably killspawned):
  • Duke Thanes -- can crash zone
  • The Shadow Mistress (citadel) -- crashes zone
  • Icy Cube (the Vah sidequest mob) in MielC -- when depops becomes invis and unkillable (while still killing you)
Class bugs:
  • Cleric: the AA enhancement for Celestial Renewal is an activated (null spell) ability
  • Mage: pet shared crit from spells broken
  • Monk: uncanny dodge broken
  • Rogue: disarm traps broken, /s 8 (uncanny dodge) broken
  • Wizard: Fury of the Ashes does not enhance lifeburn and instead summons an Allegiant Familiar
Raid/Group bugs:
tl/dr general fix: if the raid/group looks wrong it's faster to just completely destroy and reform
  • Using the /makeleader command will change a group leader, however if the former leader attempts to disband it will destroy the group for everyone but that toon
  • Toons will sometimes be invisible to other players, /cm refresh fixes this
  • Inviting across zones "works" in a group setting but will bug up raids and bugs group disband.
  • Occasionally the party window will show you as still in a group after disbanding -- have someone else invite you to a group to clear this.
Quest bugs:
  • Dialogue from some quests is missing (i.e., [D1] prompts will show up w/ no accompanying text) -- /bug report it and hope the wiki has the text you need
  • Murk TS vendor / not working
Graphics bugs:
  • golem skins aren't correct (strat leaks -- this matters for some encounters in Sanctum) in non-Titanium installs -- fix by removing glm.eqg and placing glm_chr.s3d (from a Titanium install) in client directory
  • song animations don't work on song casts (clicky casts of songs trigger animations)
  • skeleton models do not animate
  • trees/treeform model not working with Titanium installs (and are an odd high texture tree in non-Titanium)
Misc bugs:
  • can't skill up alcohol tolerance via drinking
  • collision is much "stickier" than in 2.0 -- you need to have distance between your toon and a ledge you want to jump up now rather than being able to jump right next to it
  • HP pools are ~10 - 15% bigger (seems like hp from items is being effected by AA/tomes as well as the base hp calculations being different)
  • Can't switch targets while casting spells / do much of anything else
  • toons appear to have +10 base value to every stat (STR/DEX/AGI/STA/CHA/WIS/INT) versus 2.0 base value
Fomelo bugs:
  • not accurate on AA / tomes
  • not accurate for stats (in-game shows different numbers -- base stats have changed)
  • not accurate for HP / mana pools (generally higher numbers in game -- the formulas for both have probably changed)
  • not accurate for resists (base stats have changed somewhat for some races)

Last edited:
Here's places that aren't working afaik:

HMal B -- can zone in, but isn't correct zone (Neriak Palace)
Heartlands Undercaverns -- will crash your client / make your toon stuck there
Dragon Necropolis -- can zone in, but will be in the GM timeout room
Windstone Caverns is listed as Torgiran Mines

Quest combines are not working currently, such as clockwork bag combines from OG robots, as well as a notched band combine for spleandor

edit: both work as of 1/10/16

Last edited:
Dreadfang Spire mirrors will port you into a wall. May not be 100% of the time as somebody told me they used a mirror successfully to go from neck in to zone out, but when I tried it (and at least one other person) I ended up in a wall. Camping out and in will bring you into GM safe room where you can neck/gate if you happen to get stuck in the wall this way.

If you can't trade players items, try ducking and try trading again, it will work sometimes.

I heard the Kelethin lifts are busted, so be careful there.

Dropping items near a tradeskill container (ie brew barrel, forge) will also give you the error that something else is on the ground there and eat your item.

Another note on the trading players, just hand a copper if someone tries to hand you something & it says you're busy, opens window & fixes.

an icy cube in Mielc when he "disappears" to another part of the maze instead just becomes invisible, untargetable, and proceeds to rape group members until you wipe.

Sea of swords seems impregnable , idk if its either down or druid ports just dont work.

No idea if the helpers port you there either.

SoS is fine, I live there. I can't check until later tonight on group ports, but I know I've seen adept killers in the zone since 2.5 for Redmaw.

If are having issues with zoning in (no zone file), this thread has those zone files (as well as the EPL ones, and RSP ones).

There is no error messaged produced when i try to zone to sos (druid porting). Nothing happens, spell finishes and nothing occurs. Doesn't even tell me the zones down like earlier in the beta.

Shits a mystery.

Here's what I see every time I enter Red Sun Peaks:

Buggy%20Lavastorm_zpsefiwgill.jpg

My character is unable to move from his spot and cannot leave a ducking stance once it is engaged. This makes the zone unusable to me, along with Emberflow, Lasanth, and so on. Unfortunately, inserting Kerolynne's Lavastorm files didn't fix it for me. Am I the only one having this issue?

I don't have any issues with lava zones and falling under the world currently.

That said repatching all did nothing at all to fix my porting to ocean.

Back
Top Bottom