Thazeran Revamp

oozu1234

Dalayan Adventurer
I DO NOT WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A SLAAR HATE THREAD
I DO NOT WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A YOU TOOK OUR ALREADY CONGESTED TIER TARGETS AWAY
I DO NOT WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A WTF WHERE YOU THINKING THREAD
I DO NOT WANT THIS TO TURN IN AN ANGRY OR HATE THREAD AT ALL

i have a few simple questions i'm hoping to get a few simple answers from.

So now that LT and UT wings have been taken out i have a few questions about items rotting in my bank and some other things..

Are immac items going to be completley unattaiable from hence forth?

IS this a permanent change?

Are the Thaz 1 trash going to drop augs,essences and gems?

Are the mini's going to drop Immac items?

Is thaz 1/2 difficulty going to be reduced?

If you have say immac leg's a set of essences and an aug but no Gem's are we screwed out of upgraded Immac pieces?

Will another zone drop Wisdom Archaic Frags ( we are down to only ToT now)

and over all. (answer however u like or not) Why did this change occur? The exp thing is kinda cool but why take out 16 raid targets? Will something better come out of this?

Getting Keyd for Thaz 1 / 2? will this be possible?

Paladin Vah sword pieces from Thaz will they become obtainable elsewhere?

Last edited:
My opinion

When Slaar sobers back up there will be another patch and the zone will have returned.

Immac. armor, gems, and essences will be slowly distributed around don't worry about that... though it will take some time and you may find you've progressed past it by the time it's all out again!

Thaz 1/2 doesn't require keying as such and the difficulty is the same. Woldaff once boasted that thaz 1/2 could be done by a t5-6 guild so time to see about that!

Wisdom frags are my bad and will be dispersed into the wild next patch I am sorry for this oversight.

Quest pieces from the zone will be moved around as well.. this is a process.

It was done because there was no reason to make any T8-9 content because of the incredible mob and loot density in just 1 zone. AND there was no reason to go anywhere else really. AND it could be pugged with impunity. Getting rid of thaz has been a permanent topic in devery for years now and now I'm doing it so we can move past it.

Devs really said 'why make a raid zone, there is thaz' or 'make sure when you make that item you balance it against thaz armor' etc let me say again that thaz was designed as an END GAME ZONE hence its loot density and drops for every slot etc. Now it is a START YOUR PUGS HERE zone that design philosophy does not apply anymore.

I wasn't here when Wiz blew up the Lands of Magic but it's sorta like that.

Does this mean there will be more T8 raid zones in the works to be implemented? If that's the case maybe there will not be as much fuss... RIP LT and UT, some of the fights weren't so bad, not to say it will be too missed by myself who sent ages there backgearing... For now the lack of the quest drops for like Nautilus and Thaz Weapons for example will be missed until an alternative is implemented... GL with the fixing Devs

BQ is great xp, its just boring autoattack snoozefest, it has seriously put me to sleep with a cup of coffee 5 inchs from my right hand.

i was more referencing the fact that this is another ham-fisted attempt to stimulate the game, much like a few months ago when slaariel nerfed citadel exp by 20% and BQ by 40%, which only served to make BQ no longer a good option for exping. however, this did really improve the market for class 1 tomes, since no one does BQ anymore!

these changes don't hurt me. i have many tomes and not even my alt needs anything from thaz. but shit like this just continues to hurt the game even further. it hurts the people who are trying to progress past t9. this makes it even harder to replace people who stop raiding. it's just... so unfathomably stupid that i have a hard time believing it's for real. but i thought the exp nerf was so outlandish that it must have been a troll too...

i was more referencing the fact that this is another ham-fisted attempt to stimulate the game, much like a few months ago when slaariel nerfed citadel exp by 20% and BQ by 40%, which only served to make BQ no longer a good option for exping. however, this did really improve the market for class 1 tomes, since no one does BQ anymore!

these changes don't hurt me. i have many tomes and not even my alt needs anything from thaz. but shit like this just continues to hurt the game even further. it hurts the people who are trying to progress past t9. this makes it even harder to replace people who stop raiding. it's just... so unfathomably stupid that i have a hard time believing it's for real. but i thought the exp nerf was so outlandish that it must have been a troll too...

I pretty much agree with this post 100%.

My ranger, Kedrin, has much more exp left to get vs Eisley's cleric. This leads me to dislike the exp nerf much more then others above me, however.

The "problem" with citadel is the simple lack of other zones that are on par with the amount of "bang for your buck" you can get out of the zone.

Lets face it this game takes time, more so then mostly any other MMO's I have ever played. You can excellency exp forever and never max out your character. Still to this day there is not one character that has every tome completed. There is a few however that are very close, but a MMO should never be balanced around a hand full of people so I really do not see the need to even look at them for this discussion.

Citadel is quite possibly one of the best exp zones yet to be made in this SoD.

- There is numerous types of trash mobs that all do different things. It takes work to break into this zone.
- Once you learn the front part of the zone and your group becomes stronger you can move deeper and deeper into the zone and the place gets more difficult and the fights are more strategy based. - The placeholders of the mobs are not just random trash mobs but minis of the real names so you can learn to some degree what is in store for you when the named spawns.
- The zone has many lines to follow to clear the zone in depending on the strength of the group.
- The zone is laid out in a way that with or without succor you can continuously be killing for exp. Even though the Phoenix named has been bugged for many months making the no longer worth killing because dealing with bugs hurts time-dollars, the very best group can go to the zone and not run out of mobs.
- The names not only have good money making drops but they each have a rare no drop item that are mostly fun and/or cool items that are worth while to farm.
- There is good loot to be had to fill in the random holes in your tome list, or to help you save up for your supreme charm. This is one of the very few zones that you can go to for an exp group and feel like you can actually one day acquire your supreme from a group split. Perhaps it is just because I am a ranger but I find it very lame that other then this zone the only other ways to receive the amount of money to get this item is to A) play forever or B) play good farm classes and duo money as others leech exp from you. Option B is still much faster then slowly receiving group split in Citadel groups.
- The better your group is, the more exp you get.

All of the above should be looked at and try to be duplicated in the next dungeon type of exp zone that is added to SoD.

I don't understand why you are not pushing to make a new exp zones like Remnants of Old Ikild and Citadel of the Clawl other then making exp slower for everyone.

You're trying to force people into exping in different zones from time to time. People do not like being forced, and if the game had multiple options in this matter that all where good and fun then you wouldn't have to force us to do anything; we would go out and exp in random zones to mix it up.

Good thing Oozu didn't type "I DO NOT WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A HOW TO MAKE EXP MORE ENJOYABLE AS YOU GET EXP THREAD" or he might have got upset at me

Last edited:
i'm sure all of these complaints about the exp change come with numbers to back them up so paste numbers or shut up.

it helps MOST PEOPLE.. it hurts VERY FEW.. and if you have evidence contrary to this post it.

if you don't have anything like that never post again.

Slaar, you plan on making this a new zone at some point? I really did enjoy Thaz when I raided it and found it to be a challenge when on tier.

There are also some loots that I can think of that were a stepping stone when it came to certain slots such as the Shanker or the Buckler from UT Earth. Also the HI7 ring from Air, the Hammer clicky that is irreplaceable at that tier.

Just wondering, I am sure that you have a plan just trying to gain some insight into what that plan might be.

Thanks,
Cyen

that's probably my biggest issue with this too, as a newer + bad player who stinks @ the game and recently got up to tier 8 or so. a lot of the loot from the zone seems to be the kind of stuff people already past this tier used to break into higher tiers. specific upgraded class armor pieces in addition to those listed in the previous post. doesn't seem to be a whole lot of alternative items for many of them.

Good thing Oozu didn't type "I DO NOT WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A HOW TO MAKE EXP MORE ENJOYABLE AS YOU GET EXP THREAD" or he might have got upset at me
Haha i should have i wanted this thread to be specific to Thaz revamp.

Anyways Thanks for the quick answers, I hope with the removal of so many targets on such a congested tier another zone will come soon. it makes me sad about the items like the shield and OS will no longer be obbtainable, but oh well... Their sandbox and there is always other items out there:)

Just wait till you max out elds bonus...then it will be good and you can kill for 15 min and go watch a show before it respawns.

Joking aside, lack of higher end EXP zones is whats missing. And the few conceptual ideas for them failed about the same time the xp was worse. The 2 biggest reasons to not go to a zone are running out of mobs and waiting forever for respawns, and xp not being competitive. The fact that elds or outer rust or hell any old world xp could theoretically(don't have numbers yet) be better then cita or BQ given the huge difficulty increase is retarded at best.

Also, "4) Experience in a zone SLOWLY GROWS the longer you don't kill anything in it (up to 105%)!" isn't this just rested xp which was a terrible concept introduced by games to make more money. Given this isn't pay to play, I don't see a point. It will either grow too fast and be negligible or too slow and nerf all xp.

Last edited:
Also, "4) Experience in a zone SLOWLY GROWS the longer you don't kill anything in it (up to 105%)!" isn't this just rested xp which was a terrible concept introduced by games to make more money. Given this isn't pay to play, I don't see a point. It will either grow too fast and be negligible or too slow and nerf all xp.
It's not rested experience as it increases even when you're logged on just in zones you're not in, so unless you have the ability to inhabit all zones at once this will benefit you. It's a small incentive to cycle where you exp.

The one real question I have is why didn't you release new content to coincide with taking away these targets?

I cannot believe anyone would complain about this. Thaz caused nothing but issues, solely because it tried to be the end all zone (because that's what it was going to be, for a brief time)

That's a problem. This remedies that problem. Does it take away a few targets? Yeah, sure. But in 3 weeks you'll be over it. And life will go on.

Thaz may have caused nothing but issues, and i'm very glad to see it gone. However there is still the problem of WAY TOO MANY GUILDS dying in the already properly named "guild graveyard tier." Part of this was the inability for the guild to power through a ton of wipes to learn a strat, but another large part of this was the lack of content that guild would find up, especially if they start their raids past 4pm PST, god forbid everyone isn't on euro or east coast time.

To sum it up, love what happened, but really wish new content was secretly designed and released at the same time not only to take the strain off guilds, but it would have been a really good distraction.

Last edited:
I fail to see how this does anything except make pugs go to other T8-9 zones (I know the staff doesn't like pugs, but they won't be stopped by any means short of banning them) and reduce the number of targets in an already congested tier.

Here is something the staff and high-end gamers need to realize: THIS GAME HAS AN END! Trying to keep extending it by adding bigger, badder mobs that drop better gear or by eliminating mob options at certain tiers to slow progression just postpones the inevitable of someone reaching the end and makes SoD more like what most people didn't like about "live."

Like the post, hate the post, forum ban me, ban me from game, idc anymore. Changes like this make for an unstable gaming platform and I have little desire to put time into a game that may change drastically like this on a whim. Expect to see less of me and my wife around.

Back
Top Bottom