Thazeran Revamp

As someone who is near maxed exp, I appreciate the exp nerf for making it even harder for anyone to catch me.

As someone simply concerned for the game I do worry that increasing the grind requirement to be "acceptable" at the endgame might not be a good thing? As others have said, SoD is already pretty grind heavy

I think i have pointed out to every dev who will listen that 70-100 people have seen this encounter, and no ones picked up on the mythical "trick". It's not being overlooked, its "WORKING AS INTENDED".

And i can verify, if Exo or CW got into spires, Novus and SB would actully catch Gens/Thaz 1 2 / Well, UP once in awhile, but in the meantime between 4 hour chain wipes to prime and 5 hour chain wipes to prime, We kill these things for easy loot/the 2 items that we need 4 of, and rot the rest, You can only get 18 people to die to a mob for 4-5 hours a day for so long before you gota throw some loot at them.

The only time that Prime has been defeated by non-spires geared toons, it was TU who were full sanctum geared and as I was told they got lucky in that someone primaled at the critical time.

The last two weeks has seen CW and Exo in a titanic struggle over the four IS mobs, Thaz 1/2 and Abyss. If you are talking about dedication you can't criticise Exodus (I doff my hat) who sat for 2 hours waiting for Drakes to spawn today. Equally, CW sniped Thaz 1/2 off Exo and downed Thaz 1 with 10 people and 18 toons. How much moore dedication do you want?

Prime may or may not be working as intended but CW have taken down ferdin 4 or 5 times but can't get close on Prime. Exodus have gotten close but no coconut and I understand that the one really close attempt was bugged.

I know that this will be like pulling teeth to the Devs but:

Why not make Ferdin the entry mob to Spires and Prime the MQ progression mob. CW, Exo and others to folow would then do Prime when Spires geared. This would allow both Exodus and CW entry to Spires but we would both be so busy fighting to the death over Spires that other guilds would get a chance of Thaz and IS.

The only time that Prime has been defeated by non-spires geared toons, it was TU who were full sanctum geared and as I was told they got lucky in that someone primaled at the critical time.

The last two weeks has seen CW and Exo in a titanic struggle over the four IS mobs, Thaz 1/2 and Abyss. If you are talking about dedication you can't criticise Exodus (I doff my hat) who sat for 2 hours waiting for Drakes to spawn today. Equally, CW sniped Thaz 1/2 off Exo and downed Thaz 1 with 10 people and 18 toons. How much moore dedication do you want?

Prime may or may not be working as intended but CW have taken down ferdin 4 or 5 times but can't get close on Prime. Exodus have gotten close but no coconut and I understand that the one really close attempt was bugged.

I know that this will be like pulling teeth to the Devs but:

Why not make Ferdin the entry mob to Spires and Prime the MQ progression mob. CW, Exo and others to folow would then do Prime when Spires geared. This would allow both Exodus and CW entry to Spires but we would both be so busy fighting to the death over Spires that other guilds would get a chance of Thaz and IS.

Read like 7 posts up dude

All I'm sayin is, I always wanted that Elemental Earpiece thing from hmal, but nobody ever bothered raiding it. There is a TON of content out there, and I'm sure eventually a few of the encounters will become regular stops on the gravy train. It won't fix anything really, but it'll change things. Guilds will always decide what loots are the best in slot to get or must-haves, and when the re-evaluation is complete, that's what'll get killed.

As an example I dramatically point my finger at ToT. Djar mini - always worth doing. Flametalons...well, gotta get to farhags somehow!

Sorry but this isn't true. TU and FWF are two completely different guilds, especially at the time FWF killed Prime. The only people that transcended both guilds were me, fuwok, and zedaine and zedaine didn't raid with TU.

Sorry but this isn't true. TU and FWF are two completely different guilds, especially at the time FWF killed Prime. The only people that transcended both guilds were me, fuwok, and zedaine and zedaine didn't raid with TU.

...and me... but I didn't have a raid slot. I was, however, involved in a lot of the wipes of learning because I was used to bot other people's characters for them.

Right I also feel that the difference between FWF and TU and other gulids was that people botted a lot of toons on a need to bot basis and did not play their main for some encounters. Because the roster was so big you had a lot of people, old geared toons, alts etc to choose from. Am I wrong in this conjecture?

Right I also feel that the difference between FWF and TU and other gulids was that people botted a lot of toons on a need to bot basis and did not play their main for some encounters. Because the roster was so big you had a lot of people, old geared toons, alts etc to choose from. Am I wrong in this conjecture?

Yes.

Sort of.

Felyn mostly quit, but he was playing Eldorath.

That wasn't a situation where we said hey guy play this toon we need. He just wanted to raid and said he could play anything.

Only casters TU ran was a Necro and an Enchanter. Pretty sure Nwaij was boxing Manguadi for TU's only win cause we had to stack melees and brought in toshie.
Also Bard runic charm was actually a good spell back then and was a 40sec refresh with a -30/50? resist adjust instead of this 110sec 0 resist check nonsence. So powering thru was pretty ez.

you forgot "I Never Run OOM Zurkka" =)

shoutouts to sitting in yclist for 14 hours to kill mobs

hey tier 10 dudes you know the gatekeepers to cabalis in murk / field of bone are progression mobs right

Only casters TU ran was a Necro and an Enchanter. Pretty sure Nwaij was boxing Manguadi for TU's only win cause we had to stack melees and brought in toshie.
Also Bard runic charm was actually a good spell back then and was a 40sec refresh with a -30/50? resist adjust instead of this 110sec 0 resist check nonsence. So powering thru was pretty ez.

you forgot "I Never Run OOM Zurkka" =)

Yeah I only listed people that were in TU that contributed to us farming up to and beating Prime Enchanter. Otherwise I would have listed Asura, Eldorathbot (and Felyndorath later), Reinhardt, and Zurkka. Also none of these people came back until FWF had already beat Spires again.

But yeah, Prime was a bit easier back when TU did it probably (because of bard charm).

Edit: didn't notice Eisley beat me to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom