Tarhansar, Reinhardt's path of Purity

Crynel

Dalayan Elder
For many winters pass… I have felt that I was living in a state of self ruin. Slowly working towards my own demise by giving into the useless pleasures and losing sight of what truly mattered until i found my calling. In my younger days when I was no more than an everyday citizen of Newport; I would oft stare into the waters of the ocean of the pier. As I would watch my reflection dance in the ripples of the waters, I felt my heart roar with distaste for what I was. I was an impure mindless drone doing the bidding of others without a will of my own. I would stare deeply at my own reflection and could almost see the chains binding my soul to the rotten life I had.
In time this…gazing of ocean waters became almost like an addiction. I would visit the pier everyday and look deep inside myself, desperately seeking an answer to solve my inner crisis. I would oft pray to whatever gods or spirits that would listen to answer my call for release from my bindings but no answer would come. I had begun to think that I would never find the path to self purity, the path of greater good I so desperately sought. This would change however when a message from one would guide my path came to me.
One day during my usual venture to the pier to seek answers, I had received word of a hideous disease known as the Dark Rot had begun to consume the people of our world. My first thoughts were that this disease is punishment for our errors of living. I stopped to acquire more information from a travelling adventurer near the pier and they told me that this was no natural disease and it was a devastating creation of the one whom many feared… Kaezul. I thanked the traveler and quickly made my way towards to pier to engage in my ocean watching. This time during my gaze I sought not my own purity but instead prayed and sought a way to help my fellow Dalayans. I knew if that if nothing was done we all would succumb to the disease and I was certain others have realized this as well. During my prayers something I would have never expected to happen occurred, a voice emanated from the ocean waters and entered my mind.
In utter shock, I muttered my inquiries as to who was speaking and the voice continued without pause. It spoke to me in a stern yet intrigued voice said to me,
“You who has heard the call of the Ocean Lord and seeks to maintain and protect life of many; We have watched your actions as of late to see that you have the potential to become one that acts under our lords wishes to protect the lands and waters form the tainted filth of those who care not of this world. I entreat you to venture to the island of voices and seek the one who would better guide you on your path. I am certain you will find this with ease if you are truly one worthy of our lords blessing.”
Before I could mutter any reply I felt the presence of the voice sinking back into the ocean too far to hear my calls. I looked out towards the vast ocean with a sense of purpose and knew I had to go…to seek my answers.
I gathered the things I needed and caught the next ship to travel out into the vast Sea of Swords without delay. During the trip I had gazed out towards the many islands seeing all the sights I could to pass the time for it would be several hours before I reached the dock of the Island of Voices. Upon coming into view of the island…I could sense many things from it…feelings of all sorts as if the many wills of the gods have gathered there. After the ship docked I eagerly stepped off onto the pier and without looking back I stepped forward right into greeting from a Dark Elf in robes. He seemed rather plain of speech as he said,
“Greetings friend, Welcome to the Island of Voices. On this holy island, gathered in the accordance with the teachings of Jayla, is a voice for each of the deities of Dalaya.”
I continued to converse with the elf to find that he was a voice of Jayla the god of knowledge and after a few more words I said my goodbyes and started my search of the ocean voice. In my searches I came across many voices…one of which made me grimace with utmost displeasure; A rotting corpse of a troll body that represented the Voice of Gradalsh, God of Entropy and all things disease and plague. The mere sight of this troll was a clear image of which I wish to protect Dalaya from.
Finally after some time of searching I catch a glimpse of sparkling water that stood out from the rest. As I approached the section of water along the islands coast it suddenly swelled up and rose several feet into the air. I watched as it began to take form as it grew appendages and move towards me onto land. This manifestation of pure water stood glimmering in front waiting for me to speak as I stood there with a stern look upon my face as I said,
“I have come under the message of an ocean voice to seek your guidance in becoming one who can protect life.”
The sparkling mass of water began speak almost immediately,
“I have been expecting your one who watches from the pier. We oft seek those who hold a heart that seeks purity and greater good for all. Our lord Tarhansar the Deep One wishes you to know that we seek to save life at any means. We do not support the belief that every life is precious and some sacrifices may need to be made to save this world as a whole. Though it pleases our lord that we have found another who shares in our goals, the times have caused much damage. The lands of this world are already tainted and cannot be saved.”
The voice pauses momentarily floating in the air as its waters swirl about it’s core before it begins to continue its somewhat lengthy speech to me,
“As a follower of our lord, you will be charged with the duty of protecting the waters of this world, for water is life and without it all will cease to be. We have seen how you gazed upon the voice of Gradalsh… he is a sworn enemy of our lord for he seeks to spread his disease to not only the land but the oceans and other waters of our world. If he is to succeed life will begin to falter. So I ask you now, do you wish to serve our lord and protect life as you sought before?”
I stared at the voice and closed my eyes gently and searched deep within myself and quickly felt that this was the right choice for me. I opened my eyes and looking at the voice with a smile and said,
“I gladly place my life into the servitude of Tarhansar and wish nothing more than to help protect this world against the corruption of life.”
The voice stood silent for a moment before speaking,
“So be it, take this amulet of your pledge and enact its magic to be transported to the realm of our lord to seek out your charges and begin your path of serving our lord. Our brethren will not harm you for they will know you are an ally. Be warned that if you cause any harm to our brethren you will fall in disfavor of our lord and will quickly lose any safe passage through his realm. Also do not assist those that would pillage his realm in any form, you have chosen the help our lords cause…do not betray his trust.”
I nod in agreement and hold the amulet closely as I channel my thoughts into its core, causing it erupt in mystical power as it sends me through a portal towards the realm of Tarhansar… where I can finally begin my path of serving the greater good.

*will be continued when Tarhansar aug questline ect is released =(*

Back
Top Bottom