Stuck at Login Error 1017, Please Help Me!

Maveren

Dalayan Beginner
System Information:
Windows Xp Pro
EverQuest - Gold Edition Install (Updated)
EthernalQuest - v.0.7.20 Alpha

Copied C:/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest to C:/ renamed "C:/EverQuest" to "C:/EqEmu"

Extracted EthernalQuest v.0.7.20 Alpha to C:
Opened c:/EthernalQuest/emuconfig using Notepad
Edited Line 2 to read "EverquestDir=C:\\EqEmu"

Downloaded EQFix
Extracted EQFix to C:/EqEmu overwriting all files.

Edited C:/EqEmu/eqhost.txt to read
[Registration Servers]
{
"register.eqemulator.net:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin4.eqemulator.net:5997"
}

Downloaded WRPatcher v.1.01
Istalled (unRAR) WRPatcher into :mad: c:/EqEmu

Ran WRPatcher, after downloads (patched) I clicked run
Entered account information correctly
Winter's Roar on Server Selection Screen

What I Get:

Black Screen for about 10 seconds
then im brought to the license logo screen
when i enter account information again, im brought to server selection screen with the Error Message for 1017...
:mad:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9649&sid=ff9870223887d3a1146b54160ded75e4

Follow that post step by step.

Patch to current version of everquest through the REGULAR everquest LIVE patcher.

Once that's finished:

Use Winter's Roar patcher (VERSION 1.1)!

In case you have little or no short term memory...

DO NOT RUN EVERQUEST LIVE PATCHER AFTER THIS

That's all there is to it. Not difficult at all.

You patch to LIVE before you patch to Winter's Roar. Once you've patched to live, you patch to Winter's Roar. Once you've patched to Winter's Roar, you do not need to patch to LIVE again.

Paraphrased from DoctorGonzo's sticky (which is a little outdated).

To begin with, EthernalQuest has absolutely nothing to do with EQEmu at all. It's not causing your problem, but it's redundant. Secondly, 1017 error is an "Incorrect Version" error, which means you need to follow the above steps thoroughly in order to make sure that you have the version we use. Otherwise you won't be able to connect. If you've followed all of this step-by-step, post again with more details (exactly what you did).

To clear out a few misunderstandings:

1) WRPatcher doesn't need to be in EQEMU folder.
2) Folder doesn't need to be called EQEMU
3) You don't need to manually change eqhost, if patcher works.

Note: Doing the 3 above things, shouldn't break anything, though.

Now, to your problem: If you updated to live in the last two days, that might be your problem with the huge Omans of something patch, which might have broken something, it's at least what seemed to be the problem for some other people.

the link to the thread shows up as:
"The topic or post you requested does not exist."

Do you know of a compleate step by step guide to getting WR running.
Starting with the fresh install of EverQuest, and ending with sleepless nights and neglected RLfriends?
What software and/or downloads (links would help aswell) will i need before I try and set this up again?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I havent patched Omens of War, I dont usually patch expansions unless I plan to purchase them.

figured it out... we decided the problem causing my 1017 error resides in my client,ini file, the default ui is set to uifiles/custom, and not uifiles/default

Back
Top Bottom