Stuck after Vingrin in Overseer Band

elbas

Dalayan Beginner
I've been working on the overseer band, but I seem to be stuck. I got to the part where Vaenla asks me to take a note to Vingrin. I find him and his Clockwork Dragon. I give Vingrin the note and the dragon is activated and kills him. But I can't make anymore progress.

I went back to Vaenla. She asked me if I had given him the note and what did he say. None of her text is in brackets. I tried typing everything Vingrin said, but she doesn't respond.

I'm not sure if the quest is broken or if I was supposed to do something different. Was I supposed to save Vingrin? Any way for me to resume the quest?

You're supposed to save him. Isn't that pretty obvious?

Hail him once he respawns.

Yeah, that makes sense. I should have tried that. I'm really enjoying this quest and was worried that I wouldn't be able to continue. Thanks for the help.

Wiz said:

So I assume once you give him the items you're supposed to be flagged so that if he dies you just have to hail him again to get the dragon to attack again? Because hailing him after he died is only giving me the quest text again. I don't want to camp barbtail again. :(

Atomicated said:
Wiz said:

So I assume once you give him the items you're supposed to be flagged so that if he dies you just have to hail him again to get the dragon to attack again? Because hailing him after he died is only giving me the quest text again. I don't want to camp barbtail again. :(

The above is not for the wand quest. If you fail the wand quest you have to start from the beginning.

Also: is the Clockwork Dragon supposed to be on Ring of Scale faction? I went from amiable to dubious wtih dragons while sitting around while another group did their wand quest.

So I finally beat the quest but when I killed the dragon there were no faction hits so I have no idea what caused it when I was just sitting around him when others attacked him but it gave me -scale + thurgadin and +frost giants and now I'm dubious (was amiable) to dragons.

I wish I had logged it but sadly I had it turned off. Oh well no big deal, at this point I'm not even sure if I should care about my dragon faction and I think I can recover it pretty quickly just from camping giants and it was worth it for my new wand.

Back
Top Bottom