Stealing Gets You Promoted: Part 2

Xardon

Dalayan Beginner
Previous Topic Reference: http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7762

So ... as it turns out, two of the tech guys in the school district I consult for, just found a SECOND E-Bay account with even MORE school district equipment being sold than the first account. They would not provide me with any information, since I am a consultant and would have to report the illegal activity to my company (the details that is) ... but they said "Stay Tuned" to see what happens. I imagine they will be either telling HIM what they found, or telling their superiors. It still shocks me that the district let this guy keep his job.

This sounds fairly familiar to what's going on where I work. I've been with this company for about 6 or 7 months now, and I only see the guy that's responsible for my training maybe every other week or so.

I've been raising hell with my boss about not being trained, and nothing happens. Last month, I was called into a 'meeting' with my boss and his superior. They basically told me "We're not happy with your job performance, and if you don't do better we're going to fire you." I responded with "I have been repeatedly telling you that I need more training, and nothing has come of it. Now you are threatening me because my performance is unacceptable."

It seems that hard work gets you screwed, and being a jackass gets you rewarded. I'm starting to think I should change my approach.

I completely agree with u caste... my old boss was an ass.. he showed up late, went home early, had 2 hr lunches and handed off all his work to his underlings (me). He was promoted, got a raise and was commended for his fine work ethics. However in the background, he has slepted with more than 5 of his employees (not me thankfully) hasent done most of his job when he was transfered to another department, has a sexual descrimination suit againest him started in his previous department, and is an ass.. This went on for so long that finally I quit and moved to Turkey with my wife and after about 2 weeks of me not being there they began to suspect what was going on. They performed an audit on him along with all of his management tools and found out that he had be reading a fellow managers emails (it was a female's emails that he was infactuated with) and they finally fired him over abuse of tools. I had been trying to tell them that he was a bad choice for manager for over a year and finally once I left they began to understand why. Like WTF mates!!!! I just hate upper management so much at time its retarded. They just dont listen.. oh well.. I'm not there anymore.. in the end they lost myself, and about 4 others who just up and left one day never to return again because they refused to listen to what is going on.

So I guess the moral of the story is that if your lackey leaves the job and he did all your work then I guess you need to pick up where he left off for you or begin to look for another job yourself.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom