Starting CHA points

E

Erulehto

hey, I just rolled a dark-elf necro. Should I have put almost all my points in CHA? What I did is put 25 into INT and 5 into CHA. Just wondering, because I didnt want to gimp my necro by not putting the right amount of points in CHA. Thanks.

You can't irremediably break a character with the starting stats. In the same way that an Ogre Warrior will fare better than, say, a Human Warrior at the very beginning, it'll even out in the end.

Yea, I'd have to agree. I made my magician with as many points in INT as it would allow, and I don't really notice anything character breaking with my sub-par cha ::shrug:: (if I had it to do over again, I'd go with CHA though).

I think I'll keep it that way..I am feeling too lazy to create another necro for just 20 extra points in CHA.. :rolleyes:

Though 65 in CHA is pretty pitiful...I can't decide :dumb:

When I made my char I was unaware of the whole CHA and resists thing, but I don't get a whole lot of resists at all. I started with 60 CHA and 110 INT and now my CHA almost matches my INT. You can't break your char so its all good.

Brimztone said:
When I made my char I was unaware of the whole CHA and resists thing, but I don't get a whole lot of resists at all. I started with 60 CHA and 110 INT and now my CHA almost matches my INT. You can't break your char so its all good.

Ok, thanks. I will stop being anal about it now. :keke:

You almost should have put it all into STR so you could carry all that phat noob lewt!... Seriously though, starting stats really dont mean much, its just when your spending time/money on gear you should pay attention to what each stat does is all.

I didn't put much into CHA at the start either, but it's not hurting... Just means when I look for gear, I look for gear with CHA, or when I add augments to gear, I add CHA instead of more INT, etc.

At low level, you can get enough augments, jewelry, and stat-enhancing gear to get CHA up over 100 fairly quickly. It seemed like once I got past that 100-mark, I got significantly fewer resists, especially with taps, which rarely resist now.

Also with AA's the max you can get CHA to is 305 while you can get INT to 355. But yeah if you're still feeling behind at level 65 you can always dump AA points into innate CHA or INT.

I'd toss chapoints into the mix personally, even after you toss in quite a few aa's unless you pop a whole mess in cha it still will lag a bit behind int. You also don't really need "raidgear" to acheive that either. Max w/out aa's in the mix is 280 iirc for both. Cha goes alot higher than int does eventually I believe as well, as iirc hidden strength has a huuuuge increase in the cap each rank, i think like 30, although its less benefit for each. Toss in another aa which adds 5 to cap for each rank..i think theres one? isnt there? and you've got a formula for cha hitting the high 300's easy. But then Ive never noticed a huge difference between 250 cha and 280 cha even. Though keep in mind buffs for cha are more common than buffs for int as well, and a shammy being present will easily pop it up 30pts endgame. Mages especially can skimp on int ive noticed as we get the fireform 1st rank aa that adds 10 int, so if you're laggin behind the cap, well its 10 int and manaregen :D. But yeah its not going to break your toon any way you go.

Back
Top Bottom