Spiritual attuning

Thade

DINOSAUR THADE
Okay, this spell really needs to stop being nerfed. Don't get me wrong, it was really good at doing the one thing it was useful for (Healing casters) but now, you're just making it bad.

The problem with the spell flat out is it's only use is for healing casters because of the 20% slow crippling ANYONE else you cast it on. Nerfing it's mana cost was fine it was probably needed. But then nerfing it's radius and healing throughput afterward is just an unnecessary kick in the dick.

It's harder to get than both the druid and the cleric ghots (You have to be t8+ have done hatesfury, spend hours questing) and now is inferior to the druid ones efficiency (Which matters considerably more than throughput on hots) not to mention MASSIVELY SNARES the group as well as a 20% slow (which fucks anyone who uses abilities with activated timers (Read: monks, rogues, warriors, rangers, beastlords).

It was already at best a situationally useful spell (really only useful in raid encounters for healing casters) and now, there is literally 0 reason to cast this on casters over any of the other ghots on high tier content. Either remove the slow portion so it's worth casting on melee, or put it back to it's original strength so it's still worth casting on casters.

Last edited:
I haven't used this spell since this recent nerf you are talking about, but when I played Shaltang on raids a few times, this spell was much more than a caster group hot. It is surprisingly awesome at healing a tank group that doesn't include a warrior. Paladins and especially Shadow Knights have little trouble keeping aggro up with the melee slow, and this allowed clerics to focus on big heals and other group heals.

The nerf may be over the top, but I am just saying that the spell was definitely more useful than just a caster group hot.

I agree with Thade, this spell is not worth the time involved to get it vs the very few amount of times that ive used it. IE Healing caster group ( cause god knows if u cast it on melee you get a ear full for half an hour how your gimping their dps) and using it when i duo something hard that i cant keep up with normal heals.

It would be nice to have the slow removed or if the spell remains the same put it back to its former strength.

Last edited:
I haven't used this spell since this recent nerf you are talking about, but when I played Shaltang on raids a few times, this spell was much more than a caster group hot. It is surprisingly awesome at healing a tank group that doesn't include a warrior. Paladins and especially Shadow Knights have little trouble keeping aggro up with the melee slow, and this allowed clerics to focus on big heals and other group heals.

The nerf may be over the top, but I am just saying that the spell was definitely more useful than just a caster group hot.

The problem is the content is designed for (all the really high end ikisith stuff) it's really hard to tank anything with an sk or paladin until they outgear it even tanking certain bosses with xach was really hard. Generally not tanking with a warrior is a bad idea.

Ahh, I haven't done any of the really high end ikisith content, but I did find the spell pretty useful for the stuff we did in yclist. You can still have a warrior tank the mob, just throw them in a different group than the hybrid tanks. Its also pretty nice for fights with an AoE, as you can pretty much keep the other healers in your group by yourself. Although this may be less effective if the healing was reduced.

I don't have this spell yet but for what I saw in the Wiki it seems really an awful spell which I don't see any use for it at this moment. People claim very situational use but having 2 heals, slow, dots, malo, cripple, torpor, canni etc... probably you won't have it never memmed.
I don't understand how a spell of this complexity to obtain is such useless.

i also don't have this spell yet and i have no idea what is going on.... please tell me what the heck is going on... is this a dimension???

i also don't have this spell yet and i have no idea what is going on.... please tell me what the heck is going on... is this a dimension???

One doesn't need to have a spell to know whether it is good or not. It is enough to see its information on the wiki/parser.
But if I am going to get trolled for expressing my opinion, I won't really.
Thanks for passing by and read the comments, though. (no sarcasm).

yeah i am lobbying for put the silence back on, change silence mechanic, increase healing on spiritual attuning that will put the spell where it should be in my opinion *NOT TROLLING THIS IS MY REAL ACTUAL OPINION*

yeah i am lobbying for put the silence back on, change silence mechanic, increase healing on spiritual attuning that will put the spell where it should be in my opinion *NOT TROLLING THIS IS MY REAL ACTUAL OPINION*

It never had a silence.

Hi all,

I finally got few days ago this spell and I have been able to test it on raid, group and duo environment. I have to say that the 20% slow that it provides makes it useless in nearly every situation.

For instance, in group it slows the melees making dps go down, making tank harder to keep aggro and making people don't wanting the spell. Specially cause in group you are 95% running with a cleric or druid that can GHot without those drawbacks so your hot is not wanted at all (not even as an extra mini-hot).

For duo it becomes useless, cause well, you just heal with your single target, so of course it doesn't apply here.

For raids, you have 3 options.
If you are in the tank or melee group this spell is a No in a 100% of situations.
If you are in a casters group it may be useful but by its own is not powerful enough to heal from AoEs in the high tiers at least rending it useless as well.

This translates into not having the spell memmed like ever which it is a pity as runic should be, as I see for other classes, an important spell (not vital, but important at least).

This would be my suggestions to bring runic1 to a "useful" level:
- Remove the slow and reduce the amount of heal. So it can be used in most situations but not being overpowered (aka, not intended to heal AoEs by its own but helping in gheals of clerics and druids).
- Remove the slow, keep amount of heal, put another drawback. I think Slaariel said something about this.
- Change the spell: Simply change it into another spell that could be useful: maybe a new disease dot, a rune (single or group) that once the runed person get hit mob gets slowed (smaller slow than normal one, of course) or any other thing that could be useful, at least, in some situations.

Thanks for reading it.

this is a new spell that has been tweeked a bit in the past few months. This spell doesn't make shamans good or bad. They are already amazing without this spell.

quote Thade:

"Really shamans are fine and you are just posting drivel."

Please come back when you have something to contribute to the thread. You could say for instance if you find the spell good or not.
Specially when it was the aforementioned Thade who started this thread. You just have to scroll up.

As Zedaine says, this is not about shamans being good or bad, is about making somewhat useful a spell that it is useful in other classes and that takes some effort to get.

Last edited:
As Zedaine says, this is not about shamans being good or bad, is about making somewhat useful a spell that it is useful in other classes and that takes some effort to get.

Not all runic spells are created equal, and every single one is meant to be situational.

However, with that being said, shaman ghot is still the best ghot for caster group. Yes, druid ghot crushes the mana-heal ratio (3.48 HPM for druids and 2.11 HPM for shaman) but it still provides more healing per tick which is very important for caster group (420/6 ticks for druids and 500/4 ticks for shaman).

I could see some minor tweaks to this spell being needed, either lower mana cost or larger heal per tick.. but real talk shaman are already overpowered so have to be careful with this one..

Back
Top Bottom