Soulbond buffs overwritten when max buffslotted

robopirateninja

Staff Emeritus
"a soulbonded spell cannot be dispelled and remains when the target dies" is the description of the soulbond aa.

When your buffslots are full a debuff cast by a mob will take up the first slot in your buffbar dispelling whatever is there, whether it is soulbonded or not, defeating half of the purpose of the soulbond buff.

I am requesting that when your buff bar is full a debuff take over the first NON-soulbonded buff slot, rather than overwriting a supposedly un-overwrite-able buff.

The description seems accurate.

You didnt lose them cause they were dispelled or through death.

But ya...I wouldnt mind seeing this change, though its not a big deal to put shit buffs in the first few slots and completely avoid this.

Syalara said:
But ya...I wouldnt mind seeing this change, though its not a big deal to put shit buffs in the first few slots and completely avoid this.

With all of the dispelling mobs on live, this was indeed common practice. Insta clicked buffs were a "must-have" on some mobs. I also do not think the spell is being dispelled per se, but this change would indeed be fair.

I could be wrong, but the reason I do not believe it is dispelled is because, if you soulbound a lower level buff, and then cast the higher level version...it still gets overwritten, right? The same "theory" applies to this case. (overwrite, not dispel)

I support this idea, and i think technically it is right.

But at the same time, you can definatly avoid becoming max buff slotted by either always running 1 less buff, or knowing the zone/encounter your about to partake in can cast a spell on you.

Another thing that can be done is to put your crappiest or a self buff in the first slot so that if you do get max buff slotted it takes that spell off instead.

I know this isnt a fix but it has worked well for me. I still support the idea though, as it seems like the correct thing according to the definition of SB buffs.

Spiritplx said:
I could be wrong, but the reason I do not believe it is dispelled is because, if you soulbound a lower level buff, and then cast the higher level version...it still gets overwritten, right? The same "theory" applies to this case. (overwrite, not dispel)

No, soulbond buffs are not overwritten by a better buff, or even a fresh soulbonded version of the same buff. Soulbonded relic WON will not overwrite a soulbonded potg.

And how am I supposed to avoid being max buffslotted when SOMEONE'S fucking ranger casts cotp every 30 goddamn seconds

While I support and agree with this, I'm not entirely sure it's possible due to client limitations. I'll wait for Wiz to make the final call on it though as I'm not a coder.

Tyrone, I don't know about Won but soulbond SV gets overwritten by SSS ; soulbond empower gets overwritten by GoE.
EDIT : yeah they're not exactly the same line of buffs so nevermind.

About the overwriting soulbond it would be nice, it's prolly not intended to be that way since I heard more buffslots would be welcome if no client modification was needed, and that adds to the frustration.. but protecting soulbonds might not even bepossible

soulbond SV gets overwritten by SSS

I know a certain someone who would be very happy if this was not the case.
If it would be possible to have soulbonded buffs not overwritten by anything including other higher lvl buffs it would be great.

While i agree with the original poster, i gotta say this is too powerful. Complete immunity to detrimental effects?

(edit)
assuming this change would allow that --- instead of going back and overwriting first buffslot if there were no non-soulbonded buffs.

(edit again)
I just heard theres supposed to be a soulbond cap of 5? keyword was supposed to -- as in perhaps not working!

Ponden said:
While i agree with the original poster, i gotta say this is too powerful. Complete immunity to detrimental effects? :what:

man, when have you had a full bar of soulbonded buffs. ever.

Staff would rip your guild apart if you somehow managed to exploit a convenience change like this.

Ponden said:
(edit)
(...) going back and overwriting first buffslot if there were no non-soulbonded buffs.

this would be the best implimentation. If any of this is even remotely possible to code.

Ponden said:
While i agree with the original poster, i gotta say this is too powerful. Complete immunity to detrimental effects?

(edit)
assuming this change would allow that --- instead of going back and overwriting first buffslot if there were no non-soulbonded buffs.

(edit again)
I just heard theres supposed to be a soulbond cap of 5? keyword was supposed to -- as in perhaps not working!

The text of the soulbond aa says that you are limited to five soulbond buffs at a time. I've never had more than 3 or 4 on me at a time to know if it's working or not, but even if the cap of five wasn't working, it would probably take you so long to log in FIFTEEN buff bots with soulbond aa purchased to fill up your buff bar that by the time you went and engaged a mob something would have faded anyways.

Cinn said:
Staff would rip your guild apart if you somehow managed to exploit a convenience change like this.

The thing is, this ISN'T a convenience change. Losing my soulbonded aego because something casts a dot on me is utter bullshit, and effectively makes the dot hit me for its regular dmg +1350.

robopirateninja said:
The text of the soulbond aa says that you are limited to five soulbond buffs at a time. I've never had more than 3 or 4 on me at a time to know if it's working or not, but even if the cap of five wasn't working, it would probably take you so long to log in FIFTEEN buff bots with soulbond aa purchased to fill up your buff bar that by the time you went and engaged a mob something would have faded anyways.

The thing is, this ISN'T a convenience change. Losing my soulbonded aego because something casts a dot on me is utter bullshit, and effectively makes the dot hit me for its regular dmg +1350.

1) ever hear of a raid?
2) Put 2 or 3 or 4 less important NON SB buffs in first few slots. your problem of losing SB raego..is gone. viola.

Losing SB Anything to a dot or any effect from a mob, is n2smart and completely avoidable as is. So all your anger in the above post, is completely misplaced. That little tidbit of common sense was also mentioned in the FIRST REPLY to your thread, I would have thought by now you would have caught on.

This is about convenience, nothing more.

I dont, and nowhere did I say I do. :psyduck:

robopirateninja said:
it would probably take you so long to log in FIFTEEN buff bots with soulbond aa purchased to fill up your buff bar that by the time you went and engaged a mob something would have faded anyways.

It was aimed at the above comment, which is still making me lol. thanks.

Then why did you attack my post saying that it would be annoying and time consuming to get fifteen soulbonded buffs, even if it was possible? And why are you shitting on this thread in the first place? I'm asking for this aa to work properly not for your mom to come suck my dick and cook me dinner.

Just because you CAN work around the broken AA doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed.

Cause its a retarded post. WTF does 15 SB buffs have to do with your original post?

The OP was good, it made sense and would be a worthwhile change if possible. I just got a kick outta your nerdrage about losing SB buffs when you have been told how to not do so.

like when you said this...

Way to bring mothers into this btw, that was impressive. :dance:

Syalara said:
Cause its a retarded post. WTF does 15 SB buffs have to do with your original post?

The OP was good, it made sense and would be a worthwhile change if possible. I just got a kick outta your nerdrage about losing SB buffs when you have been told how to not do so.

Ponden responded saying that if it was made such that SB buffs could not be overwritten one could become completely immune to detrimental spells landing on you by getting fifteen soulbonded buffs. I addressed that by saying that even if you did try to abuse the system it would be so goddamn annoying that it wouldn't be worth it.

I dunno how supporting my posts with an example=nerdrage but if swear words really bother you that much i guess i could go edit them back out.

if it would mean not getting determinal effects i could name more then 15 buffs i would take SB.

Back
Top Bottom