Sorcs = The suck

Renshu

Dalayan Elder
Sorcerer's Labyrinth is so flawed, its not even funny. For three nights my friend and I have been trying to get the thurg drops for his bard. Every night, some tier 5 65 is farming most of the zone.

Could the furs be made to only drop off of the higher lvl mobs? Nobody can exp here, its always farmed.

Renshu said:
Sorcerer's Labyrinth is so flawed, its not even funny. For three nights my friend and I have been trying to get the thurg drops for his bard. Every night, some tier 5 65 is farming most of the zone.

Could the furs be made to only drop off of the higher lvl mobs? Nobody can exp here, its always farmed.

Most people farming are perfectly fine with you grouping for the sake of getting a drop. If it's about xp, the drop honestly takes like 10 minutes to get and wouldnt amount to much xp anyways.
Changing the drops to only come from higher level mobs would make them more difficult to get for the high tier farmer as well as impossible for the lower level group and would drive the demand and price crazy high.

I peronsally solo the front end of the zone as a rogue, its good xp/pp great high end farm zone..as all the mobs are light blue to dark blue at 65, its a nice place for someone who cant' tank so well to come get some aa's and cash :(

felyn lives in sorc's.
"arg i've been here for 6 hours an only have 5 furs! grrr rawr!" <--*my bad impression of felyn over vent*

So for three whole nights, the zone is occupied, and thusly, 'sucks'.

Wow.

iaeolan said:
Most people farming are perfectly fine with you grouping for the sake of getting a drop.

This.

Yeah, I am the culprit for this one. I pretty much left right after you asked if you could have spiders, but since you did not tell me until later...I had no idea what you were there for. Many bards have come in for this piece and I have dodged spiders to help them get it. I get nice exp/pp and it is beyond easy so I can semi afk while soloing and still get a good ratio of pp/exp per hour.

Mostly, if I see a group there I won't infringe, but if I am already soloing the ramp and a group comes in...I have no problem in taking any mobs. If I see someone duo'ing that is lower level, I usually clear the top part and the village as most lower level people cannot clear the whole ramp before respawns.

Elulu pretty much hit it right on the nose. She has been talking to me too much lately. I honestly feel sorry for her.

oh man, I used to live in sorcs.

And then Atrus stole like 27 furs from my account.

bad news bears.

Maybe I should go back, sorcs obviously sounds like the place to be.

I'm not trying to point out Felyn or anyone else that farms this zone. I just don't think the zone was intended to be cleared by 500+ AA toons. It just stinks that people of the appropriate level cant exp there a lot of the time, thats all.

Renshu said:
I'm not trying to point out Felyn or anyone else that farms this zone. I just don't think the zone was intended to be cleared by 500+ AA toons. It just stinks that people of the appropriate level cant exp there a lot of the time, thats all.

It doesn't sound like they were being inconsiderate though. As for "appropiate level", who gets to define that? You never went to an area because you could kill things easily and get a mix of XP and PP and TS items all at the same time? Why are your needs bigger than his?

Normally, I am very anti farm but I really have to say fair use with consideration for all is the best thing. And it sounds like he has tried to be considerate. Farming sucks, but it is an evil you can't seem to avoid.

yea...i'd have to say if someone is farming teh zone to get pp/xp....there is obviously a reason they are there....so i'm failing to see how that is not an "appropriate level" seeing as *all* the mobs give xp....

also, speaking from personal experience I will yield the zone to a group of lower players or move deeper in if some come...I have yet to meet someone who does not, so I think you just had a stroke of bad luck, or a misunderstanding with someone....

sorcs = the shit...ends of story

Sorcs is a good zone. I used to dislike it for its icyness and lack of levitation, but after farming countless hours there for my CoI quest and nabbing half a dozen AAs and 2k in the process, it's hard to complain about a place a rogue can solo with those kinds of results.

Renshu said:

Quite frankly you are better off going somewhere else anyways at the level the area is intended at groupwise. Most other xp zones at that level (around the high 50's) give better xp. People don't go to lab for fantastic xp after all.

Also, no there is not "always" someone in there. People have been in there fairly often nowadays because of the quest involving there. Once more get it done I would be very surprised if the amount of people didn't fall off drastically.

Back
Top Bottom