SOPA and PIPA

Also note that if you still need to use wikipedia despite the "blackout", just use NOSCRIPT to block scripts and it works fine

ITT: Congress pisses off 4chan. Subtitle - This ain't gonna /b/ pretty.

Something that concerns me even more:

SopapillasDrain.JPG

The Sopapilla

Last edited:
I was genuinely surprised to see it postponed. More then a half dozen one hundred million dollar donations by lobbyist's to try to get this fast tracked.

Today is a small victory, but I can assure you we haven't seen the end of this yet.

The keystone to legislation is enforcement. Even if those idiots do pass their legislation the only recourse they have to enforce it is through (circumnavigable) censorship or spending a fortune prosecuting source offenders (lookin at you Megaupload). At the end of the day money wins fights, and the defendants will have more money and better lawyers. Besides the public isn't going to stay in the corner of someone like the Film Actor's Guild (lol). 500 Million USD lost? That isn't a SCRATCH on the grosses for a single piece of $20 movie ticket crap from Hollywood.

Nothing pisses off the majority of people as much as rich people crying about money. Megaupload, as an example, is accused of costing the MPAA $500 Million over the last 7 years (Megaupload was founded officially in 2005). In 2010 ALONE the MPAA reported gross revenue of $10,473,551,703. So taking an amount over 7 years equal to less than 5% of a single year's gross? Hell my annual income literally puts me below the poverty level and taxes still eat up 10-15% of my gross every year =(

I'm from Kansas, so there's always plenty of talk about revolutions and what-not...I'm making a prediction now so I can point at it later as a claim to fame (unless Taru censors me!) and saying that SOPA/PIPA will be the Jim Crow laws and censorship the Slavery of an e-guerilla revolution.

To conclude this rediculous venting and babbling, I supply this anecdote: The War on Terror has now been expanded to include the Terrori$t Attacks of copyright-infringement. The weapons will be IP tracers in place of illegal wire-taps and the battlefield will be a civil court of questionably justified jurisdiction. Enlist in the armed forces today so you too can go to an allied foreign country, seize their citizens for "stealing" less than a fraction of what our own government steals and wastes in taxes, and take their stuff.

Also I wish I had had some sort of intellectual property on Megaupload b/c I would totally waste time and money suing the US DoJ for theft or destruction of private property.

I love you all dearly and if black helicopters full of armored genetically altered supersoldiers come for me I will be the first to le

Last edited:
Somebody on facebook actually shared this link, I find it pretty interesting. The beginning i was kinda sittin there sayin "WAT" but then at the end i thought "oh, yea, that's how governtment works, huh?"

Moral of the story: stop dickin around on a case to case basis, and get better fuckin senators/representatives.

The trouble with getting better senators/representatives is that since they get to basically closed-door vote on their own "employment packages" every single one that gets fired even after a single term gets their standard pay and benefits for life =(

I'm from Kansas, so there's always plenty of talk about revolutions and what-not...I'm making a prediction now so I can point at it later as a claim to fame (unless Taru censors me!) and saying that SOPA/PIPA will be the Jim Crow laws and censorship the Slavery of an e-guerilla revolution.

I live in Texas and grew up in Georgia.

article-1163328-03F75F34000005DC-808_468x327.jpg

The trouble with getting better senators/representatives is that since they get to basically closed-door vote on their own "employment packages" every single one that gets fired even after a single term gets their standard pay and benefits for life =(

Yeah. I don't know what to do about this. Maybe a Constitutional Convention of state governors to amend the constitution into declaring that all US legislators are part-time only, limiting terms to 2-4 (you pick) and capping pay and benefits to only extend to 1/2 time served?

How feasible would that be?

I agree the budget needs to be cut but congress's entitlements are the worst of the lot.

Back
Top Bottom