Somatic Bond and Avatar of Destruction

Blinkonian

Dalayan Adventurer
Question about the new Enchanter changes: Does Codex of Power increase the effectiveness of the revamped spells? Or perhaps only Avatar? Or is codex still meh?

GoG is functionally identical to the way it was before, just took the old "giantkin contribution" messages concept a little further and made it stricter.

AoD-mimicked spells benefit from the enchanter's tomes and focus effects, though.

Gonna be a PITA to be an enchanter these days, need every single focus effect!

Cool change, it nerfs wizards, but hopefully that will justify some improvements in other areas.

I will test. I am indeed interested to see how this works on situations like AoD a wizzy during abstraction, or an SK to lifetap (my main means of duoing)

Last edited:
So here's a situation I'm worried about. I AoD wizzy. He is pbaoeing mobs. I trigger a pbaoe from him and wake up mobs in the back that i had mezzed? Or will it trigger a Pbaoe around the wizard? How does this work? Much mystery yet to be unveiled. I am excited, but scared.

So here's a situation I'm worried about. I AoD wizzy. He is pbaoeing mobs. I trigger a pbaoe from him and wake up mobs in the back that i had mezzed? Or will it trigger a Pbaoe around the wizard? How does this work? Much mystery yet to be unveiled. I am excited, but scared.

If your local wizard PB AEs while mezzes are happening, something is going really wrong in your group/raid.

If your local wizard PB AEs while mezzes are happening, something is going really wrong in your group/raid.

That doesn't answer the question though. Will the enchanter mimic PBAOE spells from where he is standing or from where the AoD target is?

Edit- Also wanted to say that I think this change is going to be a good thing. It was very hard to accurately determine just how much an enchanter was contributing to a raid, and I think most people severely underestimate(d) how powerful they are. This will also hopefully encourage more enchanters to actively play their characters outside of raid times since they'll no longer be the only class that essentially didn't benefit from CoP (if there are any mained enchanters left, that is).

Last edited:

You are incorrect.

I can think of several situations where I mez mobs away from the pack while aoe damage is going on. Bloodfires, Abyss, Hates Fury B (just to name 3)

If the aoe spell is centered off the wizzy, great. If it is centered around me, you just nerfed the shit out of enchanters.

How is that? They just need the focus a wizard might use, which will suit for mages as well.

Unless they decide to AoD a necro, then they need THOSE foci as well. And don't forgett the few select foci they need in their own right on top of this! (CE mostly)

You are incorrect.

I can think of several situations where I mez mobs away from the pack while aoe damage is going on. Bloodfires, Abyss, Hates Fury B (just to name 3)

If the aoe spell is centered off the wizzy, great. If it is centered around me, you just nerfed the shit out of enchanters.

How is this going to work for targeted AE?
Will I nuke myself?

Unless they decide to AoD a necro, then they need THOSE foci as well. And don't forgett the few select foci they need in their own right on top of this! (CE mostly)
Why would they AoD a necro, its a waste of time.

If a necro can get magic, fire, cold, poison, disease, and damage increment i'm sure that an enchanter can to (i know because i'm missing 1 item to have every spell type at 7% and still have all other foci needed)

You are incorrect.

How is this going to work for targeted AE?
Will I nuke myself?

PB AEs, I have no idea where it would be entered. Targeted AEs, I'd assume it would be centered on the target of the wizard, just with direct nukes - so if you are too close to the wizards target, I'd assume you could end up nuking yourself, yes. Same goes for rains with the same reasoning.

Why would they AoD a necro, its a waste of time.
With the old AoD, tbh it was due to how much bigger crits are for wizards. Now that the ENC mimics whatever spells get casted, just with his own crit chance and focus effects, I'm not convinced AoDing a NEC over a WIZ (or MAG) is still a waste of time.

I'm not convinced AoDing a NEC over a WIZ (or MAG) is still a waste of time.
I lost 500 dps over the weekend putting me at a 750 dps disadvantage to wizards and a 650 dps disadvantage to mages. This is with vah back and running 7 dots. AoDing a necromancer is a waste of time. That 500 was the dot tome.

Unless you wizard is garbo and the nec has Codices of power over them, but thats really another issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom