SoD Video Promotion Contest 1000 Fame for the winner!

Rymy

Developer
Staff member
In preparation for the upcoming 2018 account drive, we're looking for a video to show people what SoD is all about.

The top 3 will be voted on by the staff and the following prizes will be awarded:
1st: 1000 fame
2nd: 500 fame
3rd: 250 fame

A reminder of our current Fame rewards system:
https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Fame_Point_rewards

You have the freedom to be however creative as you want as long as it's appropriate. Here are some good examples of past videos:

Last edited:
What is the voting based on? Best promotional use or best representation of life on sod?

I would suggest any promotional videos/ads bring up the social aspects.

Best times I ever had with this game were the people I've grouped/raided with regularly.

I even know a few folks who met on SoD and are currently married.

Last edited:
You can use OBS (open broadcast system) to record your game, and save it locally instead of pushing to a service like Twitch.
https://obsproject.com/

OR

In Windows 10 click Windows key + G to open the built in game recorder. It records EQ just fine

If you have an NVIDIA video card you could also use their geforce software to record in-game footage.

by "free camera footage" I mean in game, able to freely move through the zone to get angles and shots from high up without having to levitate my toon and search for ways to scale a wall to get to a high enough point to get some cool shots

May be worth while to mention(not in the promo) some zones are not very photogenic from higher points of view as some textures are non existant because the designers assumed everyone would be viewing the zone from ground level. So may want to consider that when choosing aerial shots. tend to find out these things when using lev just to get to high places for no particular reason.

Reminder, video content is coming to an end soon. Already have 1 quality submission.

I was planning on submitting something but just couldn't find time to get it all done before the deadline. Could have it by the end of this week even if fame is off the table.

Wrapping this up this week, only 2 submissions so far. So free fame for anyone that wants to give this a shot. If someone is still working on a video let me know.

Back
Top Bottom