Smith Glurb - Obsidian Edged Runeblade quest

Turismo101

Dalayan Beginner
Smith Glurb (is MIA) - Obsidian Edged Runeblade quest

Hello,

In the quest 'Obsidian Edged Runeblade quest' http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Obsidian_Edged_Runeblade_quest

There seems to be an issue with the spawning of NPC Smith Glurb, i was working on this quest, had gotten to the point where i was collecting unworked obsidian. I spoken to Smith Glurb and had gone out and collected 4 unworked obsidian, (not knowing i needed 8) i returned to Oggok and turned in my 4 unworked and recieved my worked obsidian ignot as expected, then realized i needed to collect 4 more. I worked for a short while longer and eventually had to log before i could collect 4 more, the next day i log on and cannot find Smith Glurb at night, 8pm, i figure he is a day spawn. I park it where he spawns and sit and wait..and wait...and wait till daytime i waited till about 1pm that next day (game time) still no spawn. Next day again (real life) i spent from 3pm to about 6am occasionally checking my computer to see if he had spawned...still nada, long story short a no-show for 2 RL days, and both day/night in game a couple of times. I tried backtracking the quest and restarting it to see if maybe he is triggered but no spawn, i also had a ranger track inside the zone both day and night and no spawn.

Could someone please look into this, not sure if the zone just needs to be reset or if he was taken out for some reason?

EXACT NAME OF QUEST NPC: Tavax Darkblood originally gives quest. Smith Glurb is responsible for changing 8 'unworked obsidian ore' into 2 'Worked Obsidian Ignots' needed to create the sword.

WHAT STAGE OF THE QUEST YOU ARE ON: Stage 4, Exchange 8 'unworked obsidan ore' for 2 'Worked obsidian Ignots' from Smith Glurb

WHAT THE QUEST NPC SAYS WHEN HAILED. NPC MIA from Oggok

EXACT NAMES OF ITEMS/NPCS INVOLVED IN THE ERROR - Smith Glurb in Oggok (Location 288.31, -257.37, near the armor/weapon vendors close to the bank)

YOUR OWN SPECULATION TO THE PROBLEM (if any): Difficult to hand in quest items to npcs that don't exist. lol jk =)

Last edited:
Since no one has responded, you might want to check into irc and see if any one knows if the quest is still active. its an lder quest and might be broken.

Think it may have happened over a recent patch, as i stated before i had interacted with the NPC previously and even had handed in half of what i needed. I miss-read the quest and realized i needed 4 more ore but when i returned he was gone...and has been since i posted that i have even parked a mule at his spawn just to check occasionally with no luck.

No biggie, just a pisser i had spent a buttload of time breakin my neck trying to kill the mobs while they were still red (at the time) and not be able to turn in my quest... oh well

I realize this is a low 30s quest and not that high priority in the probably laundry list of things to do, but i think this is a really easy fix if someone could look into this.

This guy hasn't been up for weeks, the other quests that lead to him are still in and working, and all point towards him...he's just not there (day, night etc etc trust me i've checked)

It should take all of 5 mins to warp to oggok, flip the day / night switch and figure out he's not spawning and manually spawn him, no?

Back
Top Bottom