SK class tome suggestion

AngryCow

Dalayan Elder
'Manual of Torment Mastery'

Increases the effects of all damage shields cast by allies by 10/20/30/40%

It's basically Euphorbium Mastery (druid class tome) for reverse damage shields

I'd much rather see something more in line with their kit/lore personally...

Tome of Taps:
Increase crit chance of all lifetaps by 2%/Rank
Increase amount healed by lifetaps by 2%/Rank

Before someone says "Wait but that would be way too OP with Jyre!"

Consider that the other two tanks already have mechanics in place that multiply the effectiveness of Jyre, it is weakest, by a decent margin, on SKs right now.

Paladins get R2 (Which any Jyre Pally will have), which doubles all the agro generated by Jyre.

Warriors normally have to trade between agro (2 1H Weaps, or a 2H Weap), or mitigation/tankyness (1H Weap + Shield). Jyre gives the bonus AC/Mitigation of a shield setup, with the DPS and Agro of a Weapon setup, meaning they are getting the best of both worlds.

Tome of Taps:

Consider that the other two tanks already have mechanics in place that multiply the effectiveness of Jyre, it is weakest, by a decent margin, on SKs right now.

Paladins get R2 (Which any Jyre Pally will have), which doubles all the agro generated by Jyre.

Warriors normally have to trade between agro (2 1H Weaps, or a 2H Weap), or mitigation/tankyness (1H Weap + Shield). Jyre gives the bonus AC/Mitigation of a shield setup, with the DPS and Agro of a Weapon setup, meaning they are getting the best of both worlds.
i think this a neat idea, but you really couldn't increase the crit chance i don't think... i mean 8% extra crit would be absolutely absurd amounts of healing and make soloing on an sk easier than it already is. i think the third tome should be utility based for 6 mans and raids

Tome of Taps:

I would much rather chnage the crit to additional healing. Maybe jumping high end to 10-15% additional healing from lifetaps. This would equate to about 100-150 extra health per deflux and 10 additional health from Jyre. I would not call this op or gamebreaking. It would be similar to the next rank of lifetap bonus AA's from live.

sks get lifetap bonus from AA's, i've always thought jyre was strongest for them...

They get a lifetap bonus from AA's. I still think its strongest on the paladin.

I wouldnt mind an innate mana tap similair to what paladins get with heals. Instead to make it so it doesnt make them stupid op would have to be in the 2-5 mana range.

I think my favorite idea would be to give us the ability to triple HT again. Before it was a bug that you could use all 3 HT's if done very quickly. I think it would be neat for a chance to proc the lower level one when you cast the higher level one. I mean cast imp HT then it has a chance to cast leach touch and that has a chance to cast normal HT. Or one could swap imp HT and Leach touch whichever the dev team thinks is better. I would say at 4 books would be a 50% chance to proc the lower level version. That would mean 1 in 4 casts would get all 3. This is not a skill that is used on cool down and i don't think the damage output would be that overwhelming. Probably on par with a crit from a taesh ring. I dont think the healing would be too op because in /s 7 a leachtouch is a CHeal anyways.

Back
Top Bottom