Simple T-Maps for levels 20 - 40

Wesell

Dalayan Elder
See this thread for a discussion of why many feel there are problems with simple T-Maps.

I propose that a series of quests be implemented that give every player the chance to dig one 20s T-Map, one 30s T-Map, and one 40s T-Map. Instead of having the T-Map event start with a player looting a map from a mob or buying it from a fisherman / fishing for it, the player could speak to an NPC and buy the map for an amount of plat reasonable for the level of the map (a one time only quest dialog purchase). Make the map the player buys already be NO DROP and only produce a specific T-Map encounter and Treasure chest. Perhaps the first map could also come with an NPC who would provide a shovel and advice for first time T-Mappers. Oh yeah, the lower level T-Map shouldn't take the player to a digging spot that would be too difficult to get to / dig at for players of the appropriate level.

Basicaly I think this would resolve the following problems:
  • Simple T-Maps very rarely drop for lower level players.
  • Most lower level players don't want to waste a simple T-Map on the lower level T-Map encounters, prefering to save the T-Map until thier 40s or 50s.
  • There is no introduction to T-Maps for new players.
  • The price for a 20s T-Map is the same as the price for a 50s T-Map (out of reach for a new player in thier 20s).

I think it's a shame that all of that 20s, 30s, and to a lesser extent 40s T-Map gear never sees the light of day!

All for this!!

Prehaps what you could do is have the NPC set up in the zone already instead of having to go to a city or something get the map and then go to the zone.

Say like Storm Sea island....

Have the NPC near the sunken treasure ship.

a Washed up Pirate
Pirate acts drunk, and rude to players mumbleing something about lost treasure map. Give them the some options to engage the quest.

d1: Ruff up the pirate until he talks (Alighnment shift evil)
d2: Bribe him into talking (some set PP value)

Some quest lines, about needing to get back his treasure map from the sunken ship. But he was unable to get it due to the sharks that infest the sunken ship now (have 3 20th level Sharks that spawn when you accept to help the Washed up pirate) In return for helping get the treasure map back hes willing to split the treasure with you.

Kill sharks, (have it work like the skeletons in Gfay *the MQ ones*, were you need to kill all 3 and doing so makes the last one drop a No Drop Scroll) Hand the Scroll to the pirate to contiune..

Pirate then has more lines (explaining what happened and what the treasure is) He then asks players if they are ready and if they have a shovel.

d1: I Don't have a Shovel
d2 I am ready

IF they answer d1, the pirate gives them a No drop No Rent Shovel.
Answering d2 contiuens the quest.

Once player says their ready he begins to walk along the beach, every once in a while spawn 2 Water loged Zombies (the old crew of the ship Low 20s in level) Have 3-4 waves of these as he walks around and finaly reach the digging area. Enter more NPC lines, and he needs the players to help him find the treasure spot since the rock it was buryed under has been moved.

Hailing him at this point (spawns a opened no drop Tmap in the players inventory, player then can click on it like normal. The spot should be very close by were he brought them to). The Pirate says something along the lines of "here take this see if you can figured out where it is buryed"

Once they find the spot its Tmap digging as normal.

After the treaxure chest is picked/bash open the NPC has some lines (about looting his share of the treasure) thanks the players and despawns. Have the NPC have a spawn time of 2 hour or so to prevent back to back treasure map digging quests.

The quest is only doable once per toon (prevents farming of them by the same toon). Prehaps make the 30th level Tmap NPC be in Cauldron of Dawn (deferinte style quest) the 40th level one could be in Everfrost. Each quest would be different for the first parts leading up to the tmap dig. This way it keeps them each somewhat unique but still a tmap experience.

I really like these ideas guys. Very cool. :) I like how Kirin has a story behind his as well. Adds to that "immersion" kind of feel.

Hey, I think this is a great idea...although I would still like to see an increased droprate in tmaps in lower lvl zones, deeper miel a, yaraltih, lower paw, kaladim, etc

Fishing is already barely worth it as-is, and I worry that making maps easier to find would remove all motivation for new fishers to start up. I would suggest that rather than lessening the importance of an already unpopular tradeskill by making it possible to obtain items unique to it through other means, you think about what to do to improve fishing's popularity to the point of having maps more readily available?

Your missing the point....

Fishing if you get a simple map it will never be used by a 20, 30 or 40th level player. Simple maps that are no no drop are only used by 50+ level toons due to the cost of buying them. Simply put a 20th level player that does happen to get a Simple tmap they can sell will sell it. 150pp is more then they would see from doing the tmap, and if they dont sell it the gear they get will be better off if they wait until they hit the 50+ bracket.

The point of these quest is to give people a chance to do tmaps at lower levels, its not about fishing. If you want to complain about fishing do it in another thread.

Perhaps it would be in order to make simple tmaps droppable again, but split them up into tiers. Certainly, the no drop change all but eliminated any chance most players got their hands on. And when they DID get their hands on them, they didn't say "hey it's no drop we should do it now" but instead said "hey it's STILL better to wait until level 50 so I'll hang on to it."

should make 3 tiers
20-29, 30-39, 40-49
keep them no drop, but up the drop rate

don't think anything should change with the 50+ range simples, without a change to fishing

MurphysLaw said:
Fishing is already barely worth it as-is

Fishing is VERY worth it once you've put in the time to get sufficient skill (speaking as someone with a 250 and a 245ish skill fisher).

Given the lack of simple tmap drops, I support this proposal. I'm also for the breaking up of simple maps into tiers, but as was stated in the other thread, this would be a TON of work for the devs to reitemize all the mobs/zones that can drop them.

Just a reminder of my original thread from early May...

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forum/index.php?topic=13001.0

It's an issue that has been raised since May and it's now October. If there are people still talking about it 5 months later, then it does seem like a valid concern.

The fix to making dropped simple maps NO DROP didn't really fix anything it just made it harder for people to experience that content.

kukov said:
The fix to making dropped simple maps NO DROP didn't really fix anything it just made it harder for people to experience that content.

Yeah . . not a fix at all, after all.

Supporting the separate tiers option.

Allielyn said:
Perhaps it would be in order to make simple tmaps droppable again, but split them up into tiers. Certainly, the no drop change all but eliminated any chance most players got their hands on. And when they DID get their hands on them, they didn't say "hey it's no drop we should do it now" but instead said "hey it's STILL better to wait until level 50 so I'll hang on to it."

Pretty much we agree almost completely on this. Personally I'd think it would be easier to just repeal the nodrop changes. Separate tiers maybe, depends on how much work it would be.

Mostly nada. You tend to get alot of the wyvernfang armor pieces, topaz's and stuff, and in the 30's like 12-20pp.

Back
Top Bottom