Shape of the Earth Mother

Drotic

Dalayan Adventurer
Can Shape of the Earth Mother (Druid AA) be made either:

a. non kos in towns
b. get dispelled upon zoning

That would be lovely.

I just don't get why this illusion behaves outside of regular rules that illusion gets dispelled upon zoning unless its some chanter stuff. Wolf form drops upon zoning. Treeform does too I think been ages thought since I've casted that.

Uhm... just click it before zoning? You know, other illusions (wolf, any elemental, skelly) are KoS in towns as well and people seem to be able to handel it.

so while 4-5 mobs are wailing at you and you are trying to gate the first thing you do is check your buffs?

Why the hell would you need/cast this in a town anyway :S

Drotic said:
so while 4-5 mobs are wailing at you and you are trying to gate the first thing you do is check your buffs?
Just click it off before they kill you again and next time u pop up u will be fine.

I just don't get why this illusion behaves outside of regular rules that illusion gets dispelled upon zoning unless its some chanter stuff. Wolf form drops upon zoning. Treeform does too I think been ages thought since I've casted that.

chanters get an aa i believe that allow illusions cast by them to not be dispelled by zoning. Hence why people bother the chanter for a sb illusion. Every other clicky/illusion casting spell is dispelled upon zoning or death

I might be totally landing from a long trip to Fubarland , but indeed I thought all illusions but chanter permas were removed upon zoning. If I understand well it's not the case with Shape ? is it intended ?
Option A is not even to be considered, why one of the many elemental illusions wouldn't be KOS to guards ? but option B seems a valid request.

somewhat off topic, but did anything ever come of the discussion about this aa - and it being dispelled or overwritten by aoe's?

Grizabella said:
somewhat off topic, but did anything ever come of the discussion about this aa - and it being dispelled or overwritten by aoe's?

This thread is actually about the clicky item that gives a buff of the same name. At least I assume so, since you can't move with the shape of the earth mother AA on and asking it to be dispelled on zoning wouldn't be necessary.

It makes sense that if other non-enchanter illusions are dispelled on zoning that this one would be too, but checking to make sure you're not wearing a "kill me!" illusion before you run into town is probably less difficult than changing the spell database.

edit: I was wrong and this is about the AA illusion. I have time to click a buff in the seconds it takes to cast gate, if you're using an instant gate hotkey, click it first or bind in a corner where KOS NPCs don't roam. There are plenty of places in town zones where there arent constantly townspeople or guards.

This is just for coherence...of course I support the "don't bind next to guards" or "don't use that in cities" which are just common sense.
But yeah the OP is about the DRU AA, the Gorge clicky is a regular dispelled-upon-zoning illusion. the AA shouldn't stay that way to me.

iaeolan said:
Since when?

He's talking about all chanter illusions. Using that train of thought I'd agree that it would make sense for any other illusion to poof when zoning unless perma'd. Just my 2cp.

Back
Top Bottom