Shadowstorm

Thuug

Dalayan Adventurer
Can Shadowstorm be changed to summon a stack of arrows as the description indicates, instead of just a single arrow. I hope it was just overlooked in the last stack update:p

It's been discussed before. There were originally issues with summoning lore items that behaved like that. I agree it should be something different, but /shrug.

I created the item but did not create the spell description, it is not supposed to summon a stack of arrows, only one.

Fair enough. Any shot at it summoning maybe two arrows at a time though (assuming that is possible)? Maybe summon the arrows conescutively or a 5 arrow lore quiver? I generally spend all the time between bosses on raids doing 1/2 of my normal dps to summon arrows:p Thank you for the reply though.

I am not a dev anymore, but I would be against it summoning more arrows, it is not supposed to provide you with a convenient supply of arrows. The original idea behind it was to give you a source of limited but above average arrows at the cost of meleeing for a time. But who knows where that all went after the arrow revamp.

Arrows really need to be reworked so there is some type of scaling/progression. Banes are ever increasing, ammo melee procs are getting better. However, rangers not only forced into a tradeskill, unlike any other class, but are forced to use the same arrows from the start of them game until T14+.

The arrows from shadowstorm tbh are not even worth using, you're better off just using bane arrows for dps and its not worth meleeing to try and get meh arrows when elemental arrows work as well or better than the ones summoned through the proc. Which isn't as bad as it was since now quivers are 60 clicks, still suck having so many bane types eating inventory and requiring a tradeskill.

Edit: because apparently obvious things need spelled out.

Last edited:
The arrows tbh are not even worth using, you're better off just using bane arrows..................still suck having so many bane types eating inventory and requiring a tradeskill.

This makes perfect sense.

arrows are not even worth using, you're better off just using arrows.

Going to assume you are talking about the arrows that come from the sword in which this thread is about (Shadowstorm -> Sky Darkener). That quote is simply too amazing to pass up.

Agree the sword is not worth getting/using unless you are in dire need of +archery skill.

Last edited:
sky darkeners are really nice for fights that have you constantly swapping between monsters of different bane types - not having to change your arrows every time you change targets is a pretty nice QOL improvement.

Going to assume you are talking about the arrows that come from the sword in which this thread is about (Shadowstorm -> Sky Darkener). That quote is simply too amazing to pass up.

Agree the sword is not worth getting/using unless you are in dire need of +archery skill.
Yep.

Unfortunate that given the title of the of the post that I had edit my post and make it more wordy. Figured it was obvious enough.

Ah well, you understood it at least.

sky darkeners are really nice for fights that have you constantly swapping between monsters of different bane types - not having to change your arrows every time you change targets is a pretty nice QOL improvement.

I would agree with this statement. It just sucks that it reward rangers who log in early for raids and AFK meleeing a target dummy until they have a stack, or simply never log out of the game. Seems like a very broken system. Again, something every other class in the game doesn't have to worry about.

Meh, most raid/6 man bosses don't have more than 4 body types (at least that Ive come across) if its important to cover multiple bane types I use th bandolier and just set it up prior to engage.

11 damage > 12 damage. Got it.
Except theres dmg mods to them it appears, parsing has the 11's on par and have less of a hassle.

Tbh though I rarely use them, almost always use bane types and bandolier.

Also which is better dps, meleeing until you get 60 arrows (which can take a while) or just using the ele arrows that whole time...

Betting the math favors ele arrows for most rangers.

elemental arrows are pretty lackluster - most mobs (even exp mobs) have at least a little bit of resistances meaning you aren't always hitting for full damage

11 damage > 12 damage. Got it.

Math is hard.

In actuality the statement should read:
6 OR 11 damage is > 12 damage

Since elemental damage is all of nothing, so it will hit for 0 or 6.

Since 1 damage on an arrow is 5% more damage you could then say:

Archery damage modifier of 25% OR 50% > 55%

Math is hard.

In actuality the statement should read:
6 OR 11 damage is > 12 damage

Since elemental damage is all of nothing, so it will hit for 0 or 6.

Since 1 damage on an arrow is 5% more damage you could then say:

Archery damage modifier of 25% OR 50% > 55%
If only it were that simple.

Almost a year ago actually did the whole "proc arrows for a stack on trash" thing vs ele arrows.

You know what I found? I did far less damage through out the trash clear in total damage getting and using the skydarkeners vs just using ele arrows. (To be clear I rarely use ele arrows)

If it summoned more than one or had a much higher proc rate it wuld be worth it.

As is though either the ele arrows are better long term damage for most clears or learning to use the bandolier. It would be nice if skydarkeners were viable but in parses I have done they were not.

Last edited:
It is that simple, you're just experiencing randomness.

Rangers have the most flux in their damage than any other class in the game.

Back
Top Bottom