Shadowknight Vah Sword

stever

Dalayan Elder
I don't know if this is the right place for this, or if it is even allowed, but I would like a confirmation on the drops in City of Mercy for the Shadowknight Vah Sword. I know for sure the boss drops his piece(Righteous Gem), but no one has seen the other pieces (atleast no one that I have talked to). I have talked to many people, including some that have been raiding the zone for about 3 months, and none of them have seen the other 3 pieces. All I am looking for is a confirmation that these items drop from the mobs that are supposed to drop them. Thanks!

Aye, Retribution has been cleaning out Mercy for quite a while and I've never seen any other "SHD" flagged drops other than what drops off of the big boss.

I've talked with Stever and we've killed plenty (like tons) of the mobs he says should drop the pieces, but I've never seen them drop ever.. I'm not quite that far in Vah yet, at the Misery portion now, however, I am concerned as I hoped to obtain the Mercy drops while we were still raiding there.

Kako

they do Exist, What your looking for may require other things done. Also the part I think you are looking for is on a mob not commonly killed.

On this topic that is all i'm going to say outside of pm's

I have killed mercy multiple times over and farmed the mobs that I know are supposed to drop them and have come up with nothing but the thanes gem, Tyrsell told me the drop rates are low but I honestly suspect they simply aren't dropping or are way to low.

I helped about 3 paladins do theirs and it was never this bad 8(

Last edited:
I have killed mercy multiple times over and farmed the mobs that I know are supposed to drop them and have come up with nothing but the thanes gem, Tyrsell told me the drop rates are low but I honestly suspect they simply aren't dropping or are way to low.

I helped about 3 paladins do theirs and it was never this bad 8(

Yea seriously, we've cleared most full-pops of the zone for the last 4 months and haven't seen crap all.

Bumping, I'm now on this part of the Vah. We have been actively raiding Mercy for months not a single drop. I thought perhaps to get further in the quest I had to talk with a certain hard to find named water elemental. I have now done that before and after being flagged for that part of the vah quest, and that named still doesn't give me any dialogue.

It seems i'm stuck with killing more trash, however, we've been killing trash all over the zone for months.. either the quest is broken, the drop rates are too low, or the solution is so obscure that it is almost impossible to figure out.

Anyway, Is Blubuds Uzzdaar? If so i'll send a pm as he seems to know something. If a developer could confirm it's not broken that would be great.

Kakos

They are all drops and they are all obscenely low is what I have been told last time I enquired about this, Tyrsell said he would check into the rate and maybe even adjust it but I haven't gotten any news on this for a while.

I dont have the stomach to kill another elite knight and after camping the water elementals by myself for over 3 days I gave up on that too.

The worshippers are few in number and a pain to kill and I haven't seen shit from them either.

This whole quest breaks my heart because its all that is stopping me from victory.

I've seen countless Veils of care/sacraments of althuna and honestly I think they are rare and the quest pieces are some horrible new term i dont know the word to describe their non existence

Last edited:
Aye, the Elite Knights are especially hard to kill, need a raid force for that. I don't want to keep dragging a raid force to a zone night after night in hopes that some obscure piece drops (it's not fair to my guild). If these mobs were one groupable I could try and get an xp group to farm them, but to have a raid force clearing Mercy for 4 months and not a single drop tells me the drop rate needs to be increased.

I spent untold amounts of time in city of mercy looking for these quest items and I eventually did find 2 out of the 4 pieces. I talked to several people who had killed every single mob in the zone countless times and no one had ever seen the last 2 things I was looking for, not to mention that only about 10 of the worshippers that you need to kill spawn every 4.5 days (I easily killed 100+ of these guys with no luck). My conclusion was a drop rate oversight and I stopped playing before I could bug Tyrsell. All I can say is I know several paladins who swept up all their nightmare drops in a single raid.

Since its a little after the holiday season, i'm looking for a devs input on this. Would be super nice to know why the drops are so rare, if they are still even dropping. Thanks again for your time.

They drop. Rates have been bumped appropriately for the difficulty of the mobs compared to their ponightmare equivalents.

Back
Top Bottom