Severe Lag Issue

AngryCow

Dalayan Elder
I have been having problems with lag on my character Marthog. It happens when spells are cast and I use commands like /who. Elsewise the game plays normally. I have checked my connection, and my speed and everything checks out. I have tracert'd www.sharodsofdalay.com (for the server) and that checks out. The weird bit is that it only happens on one character (Marthog) and when I box another character, they have no problems. I am running eqw, and windows 7. I have tried not using eqw, I have repatched all, I tried a VPN, nothing is working so far. Has anyone else run into this issue? does anyone have any possible solutions?

That sounds really strange that it would only happen on one char. Did you get some new gear or a tome or something?

I did nothing different character-wise logging in between.. I'd like to say Thursday and Sunday, when this started. I logged into the Beta server one on Friday I think, but that shouldn't carry over.

I had this problem when I installed on a new OS. The solution is to change windows security essentials/windows defender and exclude your SoD folder. (This was the same issue for me as lag during AEing, and lag with all text filters turned to off for logging.)
You an go to windows defender settings, then exclude files and locations, and exclude you SoD folder. (I've also excluded Gamparse and EQPlaynice for good measure.)

I had this problem when I installed on a new OS. The solution is to change windows security essentials/windows defender and exclude your SoD folder. (This was the same issue for me as lag during AEing, and lag with all text filters turned to off for logging.)
You an go to windows defender settings, then exclude files and locations, and exclude you SoD folder. (I've also excluded Gamparse and EQPlaynice for good measure.)
This is a valid solution, doing this to my AVG protection software made my life. I can finally switch through my inventory quicker for raiding and soloing and is truly a much easier way of life, thank you!

I was able to fix this by re-installing the game after I was sure it wasn't a networking issue or anything. I should still check the windows settings tho. Would be odd that it came out of the blue like that tho.

I was able to fix this by re-installing the game after I was sure it wasn't a networking issue or anything. I should still check the windows settings tho. Would be odd that it came out of the blue like that tho.
Maybe. I don't know. Thade said he has the same problem I had with bad lag on AEs/Who all/Text filters off. He fixed it the way I described, and I gave it a shot. 100% fix for me too.

Back
Top Bottom