Santas Burlap Sack/Sack of Holding

Syalara

Dalayan Beginner
I have been trying to work out why these items are Lore flagged and have come up with no real reasons. At 7k+ it would make an ideal plat sink and this game sure could use a few more of those.

I thought it was lore (right or wrong) so it did not make dropped WR bags meaningless...however by the time a toon is in a position to blow 7k+ on a single bag they most likely have reached/passed most WR bag dropping mobs anyway (Adepts, Lazuli, Cmal1, E TMaps drop comparable bags). Even if that isnt the case, I still do not see it as an issue. If anybody wants to/can afford to blow wads of cash on bags, let them. It would potentially pull a fair chunk of plat out of the economy. Dunno...but I do not see any downside to removing the Lore flag from those 2 bags but maybe I am missing something.

I thought it was lore (right or wrong) so it did not make dropped WR bags meaningless...however by the time a toon is in a position to blow 7k+ on a single bag they most likely have reached/passed most WR bag dropping mobs anyway (Adepts, Lazuli, Cmal1, E TMaps drop comparable bags).

While this may be the case for mains, it certainly isn't the case for all those twinkie monk alts running around. I do think removing the lore tag would make other WR bags meaningless for a big enough population that it's not a good idea. Also, making the Sack of Holding not Lore makes Santa's Burlap Sack meaningless, which makes Santa sad.

Those twinkie monk alts already can use a mage to summon 8 slot 100% wr bags or buy the cheap items that summon the 4/6 slot versions. May as well pull 7k+ out of the economy per bag instead no?

As to the santa vs holding part....make Holding a few K more since its available year round.

if you did this it would make every other weight reduction bag that currently drops from raid targets completely pointless.

If you want to augment weight reduction bags, make one drop from a giant that is equal to lazuli's bag.

Last edited:
That does not make sense. The raid drops are already fairly meaningless for twinks. I highly doubt a guild is gonna go romping around in Valor just to get a monk alt a bag.

Here are the options going by the wiki, if there is a comparable bag missing lemme know...I thought there were a few bags between valor and dhk but I do not remember well enough.

Raid Valor or single group/2box Lazuli or kill E Maps or Cmal 1 for the few bags that are comparable to the Sacks outside of Adepts or spend 7k+ per sack. Out of those 4 mentioned, one is a raid....two if you stretch it and call Lazuli a raid.

Even if I am missing a whole bunch of bags on par with the Sacks, so what? Lets say you have oodles of extra cash and bought 7 sacks (50k+) instead of...armor/charms/whatever...if a comparable bag dropped from a mob you killed you could keep that and sell the sack back to a vendor for (no idea)...say 1/3rd or 1/4th of the purchase price just for example. That's still a fair amount of cash removed from the economy forever with no real downside.

This has absolutely nothing to do with twinks and everything to do with the fact that you want to trivialize the attainment of weight reduction bags to a one stop vendor shop for all monks.

I am struggling to think how you cold possibly be so thick that you're missing this.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't use 8 Santa bags. I'm saying that giving power to a class for no justifiable reason other than "wouldn't it be nice if I didn't have to do any work" is not acceptable for item balance.

Last edited:
That does not make sense. The raid drops are already fairly meaningless for twinks. I highly doubt a guild is gonna go romping around in Valor just to get a monk alt a bag.

This in itself is a great argument for having them Lore. Removing the lore tag makes it trivial to obtain WR bags where otherwise it would be very difficult.

This in itself is a great argument for having them Lore. Removing the lore tag makes it trivial to obtain WR bags where otherwise it would be very difficult.

Logging a mage isn't difficult...just annoying.

And Cinn, I am not being dense at all. It only would turn WR bags into a one stop shop for those few (monks included) who have little else to do with cash. I do not see that as a big deal.

If Staff chooses to keep them lore, fine. I think the logic behind it is lacking when it could be used alternatively as a true plat sink but I've said all I care to.

Mage bags are no rent, so I am pretty sure that is not comparable. Forgot you have something important in the bag? Oh sorry, its gone now. Logging in a mage to summon bags takes a long time too, and over a long period, that time sink will add up if you feel the need to do it often.

Mage bags are no rent, so I am pretty sure that is not comparable. Forgot you have something important in the bag? Oh sorry, its gone now. Logging in a mage to summon bags takes a long time too, and over a long period, that time sink will add up if you feel the need to do it often.

You, sir, obviously have no idea how mage backs work here. They do not poof, they just get retarded heavy.

Yea I guess I didnt know that, sorry. But I suppose either way you have to resummon each time. I dont usually have a need for WR bags and assumed they were no rent like the rest of mage stuff. Thanks for the info :)

Thank god they made mage backs the way they are here instead of how they used to be on live, I lost a great deal of plat in goods on live from my 56k suddenly dropping, logging back in only to find my bags poofed.

Back on topic, 100% WR bags are supposed to be hard to obtain/expensive. If they were easy to obtain/super cheap, they would put out of business all the newbie bag sellers, thus ruining the newbie economy due to the evil bastards monopolizing the bag industry and jacking the prices back up once the old mom and pop bag merchants are gone.

Last edited:
I can see logic on both sides of this. Personally, I don't think the economy is degenerating at a rate that warrants another hefty plat sink. That said, it would be balanced if LORE was removed from the Santa Sack at the cost of triple price (25kish). It wouldn't be very convenient considering they're only available during December.

Back on topic, 100% WR bags are supposed to be hard to obtain/expensive. If they were easy to obtain/super cheap, they would put out of business all the newbie bag sellers, thus ruining the newbie economy due to the evil bastards monopolizing the bag industry and jacking the prices back up once the old mom and pop bag merchants are gone.

There aren't really mom and pop bag merchants, due to both bags being retarded to sell, limited in marketability, and easy to make.

The components are also easy to get for crafted bags, and materials that must be bought are extremely cheap.

Back
Top Bottom