Running on Linux

I was never a big Ubuntu fan, something always needed fixing on it for me. I like Debian stable but when I built a new machine the hardware was newer than stable was built for and I didn’t feel like going through the hoops to get it working. Manjaro was pretty good too. After Debian I tried Fedora for first time and so far it’s been near perfect for me. I was usually on KDE before but decided to give Gnome a fair try and with just a couple simple tweaks I’m fine with it and it’s “just worked” so far. Zero hiccups in a year or more using Fedora.

I’ve never tried Bottles before this attempt and had I not seen others mention using it for games I would have never thought to try. A couple of things haven’t work as I expected but overall it’s been fine.

I was in a rush to finish the previous post before bed. If anything needs more explaining just ask and I’ll try to help.

Forgot to add, I used the Flatpak version of Bottles which means you should get the same results on any distro if you use Flatpak.

Bought a new laptop to play at work some and just put a clean install of Fedora on it. Working on setting SOD up on it so I'll add any comments I can think of following along my old instructions.

1) If you use Flatpak and are not familiar with it I suggest getting Flatseal to make modifying access controls for your various Flatpaks easier. With this I grant Bottles access to my ~/Games folder. SOD is in a subfolder there. Any files you want to install to your bottle, like WinEQ2 you can copy to your Games or lower folder so your Bottle can see it to install it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom