Rogue thing

Otcho

Dalayan Pious Diety
Rogues are currently the only class who does not benefit fully from haste increases, The last parses I did said around 45%~ of our damage output was through backstab.

Haste only counts for backstab up to a certain point(100%?) in which there appears to be a hard cap on the client in which the button will not cool down any faster.

So any gains from this effect are crippled on rogues.

There was an old discussion about this where a few players/devs talked about creating excess haste translate into bonus attack/damage on backstabs. I would like to see if this is possible with our genius dev team. Perhaps there are better options that I cannot think of and you could suggest.

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=14026

I think this is fully worth looking into, great post Eyate. This is something that plagues rogues yet doesn't penalize any other classes.

I think I could do this without too much difficulty.

100% haste basically doubles the DPS, so if haste > 100 it can just add ((damage/2)*(haste-100))/100

So if a Backstab was doing 3210 damage that would be (up to) 321 (isolated) DPS before haste (10 second reuse), 642 DPS after maximum 100% haste (5 second reuse), and if we had 25% haste left over that would give us (3210/2)*(125-100)/100 = 401 more damage which would give us 3611 damage for 722.2 DPS, which is 722.2/321 = 224.98% of our pre-haste attack speed DPS, i.e. 100% base attack speed plus 124.98% effective haste.

Someone tell me if that sounds off, I'm kind of tired.

Also maybe I should factor in slow, but with how slow mucks with the reuse that might be a headache. Although it might be worth doing anyway.

Okay I think I could adjust for client slow screw as well fairly easily, not perfectly but pretty close. On the one hand it seems kind of iffy... but on the other the idea that the most impressive Backstab damage numbers by far would require the Rogue to be slowed is amusing enough to make me think I should do it anyway.

Ive seen a bunch of numbers and math and suggestions and I have no idea about the validity of any of them but you change/do anything you want. I have faith in devs. Also its 8 am and I cannot see anything.

This is not a horrible idea - although we may not want a 1-1 increase in regards to haste dps increase to melee and haste dps increase to backstab since things have been balanced around it not being effected (especially dagger design).

Zaela is spearheading this one.

This is not a horrible idea - although we may not want a 1-1 increase in regards to haste dps increase to melee and haste dps increase to backstab since things have been balanced around it not being effected (especially dagger design).

Zaela is spearheading this one.

idk, rogues need some pretty hardcore halp

So how does it scale? Will dual wield mods effect it? What about like overhaste from Vah banner or bard songs.

Sounds like just haste/overhaste effect it aka anos mask/ the item you mentioned and bard song ect should effect it.

True.

I was assuming that since when you go over 100% haste that's when it adds the dmg bonus aka
Those things take you above 100% haste but idk im sure somebody will clarify it.

I included everything that goes into attack rate increase that I could see.

So how does it scale?

if haste > 100 ... add ((damage/2)*(haste-100))/100

At least for now. If it's decided that this makes Rogues too good or something then I'd probably change Backstab itself. Silly to make the effect of haste uneven, especially when the difference between tier 5 and tier 12 is like 10%.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom