Rogue and Bard Illusion Masks

JDJersey

Dalayan Elder
So I've been thinking about the illusion ammo items. They're really pretty amazing. As a rogue I love those items and look forward to Halloween every year to get to play with them. It occurred to me, seeing the worn illusion on items that aren't no-rent, that perhaps it would be possible to rework some items that have been in the game for a very long time.

The rogue and bard illusion masks have always been one of my favorite parts of being a rogue, from a flavor perspective. We're masters of disguise, after all. Unfortunately, with the limits put on us by only having so many buff slots, and also having to choose frog illusion for DPS reasons a lot of the time, I rarely find a chance to use these masks. Not to mention having to refresh them every thirty six minutes.

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the illusion masks that are rog/brd only to be worn and have ammo slot on them as well. I for one would pull them right out of the bank slots they're sitting in and start using them again regularly.

Most are already no drop, already dropped from camps that can take days to work through, and restricted by class pretty strictly. I don't think it'd throw any balance thing off or anything, but it would be pretty cool to get to use them again.

Worn effect with ammo slot for those masks would be pretty cool. :) I would still like the ability to click illusion left on them though if possible. The illusions aren't targetable except the human mask.

Is it even possible to have the same effect be a worn effect and a clickie? Can't recall an example of anything doing this.

I like the idea of masks being worn illusions (and worn illusions only). They are masks you use to disguise yourself after all, so you should propably wear them for them to have an effect.

STAFF CAVEAT -- THIS IS NOT MY DEPARTMENT AND ITS BALANCE, CODING, IMPLEMENTATION, RESTRICTIONS, OR DENIAL ALL PROBABLY WOULD INVOLVE ME INDIRECTLY ONLY, IF AT ALL.

I would say making it worn would only be worthwhile if ammo slot was added. As a face only mask the clickie is prefferable from my end at least.

Also, love seeing those staff caveats lol. Its like a lawyer is hiding behind you in a bush.

Evidently the post behind mine where I used it IS from a lawyer, kinda...

Also yes, if this was changed to worn, I'd also support the addition of aammo slot to them.

STAFF CAVEAT -- THIS IS NOT MY DEPARTMENT AND ITS BALANCE, CODING, IMPLEMENTATION, RESTRICTIONS, OR DENIAL ALL PROBABLY WOULD INVOLVE ME INDIRECTLY ONLY, IF AT ALL.

I'm right there with you guys. Worn only with ammo slot on them would be an amazing change. I appreciate the consideration, regardless of the way this goes.

semi-related, but i think Mask of Lost Dreams (halloween reward) should be AMMO usable like the other masks. maybe an oversight.

semi-related, but i think Mask of Lost Dreams (halloween reward) should be AMMO usable like the other masks. maybe an oversight.

It sits in my bank, but if this happened I would certainly keep it in my inventory. Fun illusion.

I still think this is a good idea. I don't really know what else to add, but it's been a while since anything was heard/said about this.

I think this is a great idea, with the only exception I know of being the mask out of RSM that gives imp form and levi. Certain zones don't allow levi, so there may be an issue there.

Other than that i'd bust these out on my rogue again, would be super cool flavor.

Back
Top Bottom