Rod of the Scorpikin

Bonk84

Dalayan Elder
recently i aquired Rod of the Scorpidin and wondered the use of it.

currently, it has 1 charge of Poison of the snake, which is a poison dot which does initially 49 damage, and 117 damage a tick for 4 ticks, with a 12 second cast time. which dps-wise, is 517 damage over 32 seconds, not bad at all.

im down with making it a charged item, and the 12 second cast time, but to give it only one charge is making it a one time deal.  i would like to request that more charges be put on the rod or to add in a "enchanter" type NPC to replinish the charges to other charged items in the game, to make it somewhat more useful to a user.

in general mob-dropped charge items dont get much love (see: glowing skull of necropotence, for example)

charged itemery just lends itself better to tradeskilling. maybe a wand-style charged item tree into a tradeskill, possibly tinkering, like alchemy but with non-alchemical effects (offence instead of just buffage, etc) or what have you? :toot:

its a toy.

adding an NPC to recharge items would negate the purpose of having charged items in the first place.

when i looted it, it had 1 charge, gated to newport, still had 1 charge.

when i was thinking about a npc to recharge it, i was thinking of a charge fee, like that of removing a soul debt.

if it's designed to be a single shot, should it be exhaustable then? so it destoys itself so it cant be sold for 65p?

Back
Top Bottom