Robes of the Caretaker

sabuti

Dalayan Elder
This is an item from the Jenrok Quest Combine, which involves killing Prime Warden Jenrok (Tier 13) and collecting 4 uncommon drops off 1 of the 3 very difficult, abysmal spawnrate Overgrowth-tunnel 6 man named. By fomeloing my character Sabuti, you can hover over the item and see that the proc rate is a mere 0.4% Spell Reactive proc rate of a small Heal over Time. The proc is supposed to Greater Soothe which is a decent HoT however the robes description will tell you it is a much lower heal, and the proc rate is actually so low, I haven't even been able to intentionally proc it to see.

i02AToM.jpg

Now a quick proc rate increase fix would seem nice, however the proc itself is very weak when compared to other options for all the classes listed, the item is missing an aug slot for rohk augs/ele augs, and the robe unfortunately doesn't provide anything else except good ac, and Casting Speed Increment VIII which is probably the easiest focus to acquire right now. But one of the things is, there's no aug slot for rohk augs/ele damage augs. Monks and Beastlords have access to a very nice dps bp, the Chestwraps of Furious Rage, and the defensive element of the Robes really does not outweigh the large benefit of the spires bp. Cleric and all the INT casters have access many different reactive BPs such as the Robes of Royalty, which is very much a better choice even if the proc rate is bumped to be a lot higher on the Robes of the Caretaker, and on top of all that it drops from a tier 10 mob! Edit: This item is also missing an aug slot which is a pretty huge handicap considering it is one of the two slots that support Rohk's augs.

My suggestion to make it a desirable bp would be to either make the effect WORN (if thats even possible on the client?) , change to a Group Heal proc better than Citadel of the Claw's Raiment of the Phoenix , or maybe even consider making it something along the lines of a Shared Memories clicky, as it would still match the lore of the mob the quest pieces are acquired from.

Also hey, I wouldn't mind the graphic being changed to a 1 tone white robe to match the icon of the item, this one looks kind of terrible :/

uW1sqCN.png

Last edited:
Ln2aD5a.jpg

Item has been buffed, type 5 aug, 10 hp, +2 flowing thought, and a much higher rate (working) spell reactive hot proc. it also got a remodel! thank you very much to whoever did this, really cool of you. i am satisfied with the item, it is very neat for soloing however i think i am lucky in the sense of being a monk, as this item still seems lackluster for the other classes, but again i am not complaining as i do not meet that criteria and i thank you very much.
etEFuid.png

Back
Top Bottom