Right of Way-

Snake

Dalayan Elder
Right of Way-

To claim a wing/zone/encounter, you need 6 people present. This claim is invalidated if you have done nothing in the wing/zone/encounter, and continue to do nothing for 30 minutes or more from the time a dispute occurs. A single guild may not lay claim on more than one wing/zone/encounter at a time (i.e. can't have 6 claiming lower thaz water and 6 claiming lower thaz earth at the same time). Abuse of this rule to 'squat' with 6 players while you wait for 2 hours for the rest of your guild to log on will result in jailtime.

Is this rule made to make it easier to claim a zone, when your not ready to do the zone? (aka cockblocking)
I really dont see that this rule does anything but just that.

First of all, there is no mention of 'Intent' in the rule. So 6 man can go sit in a zone, kill some what ever trash, and then they have a claim, EVEN if its already free clear to any and all named in the zone.

Second of all, 6 man? thats 3 real life persons boxing in, to block a potential raid of 18 real life persons, all ready to go.

Third you need a GM to be online to settle the dispute.

I suggest that you need 4 man for 6 man stuff, 10 man for 12 man stuff, and 16 man for 18 man stuff to claim a wing/zone/encounter. People can go LD and stuff.

Also i suggest that the raid force have to state intent, and you have to work actively on clearing to what ever intended mob with in 30 minuts, and if you fail, you have 30 minuts to attept again, 1 final time. If you fail again with in 30 minuts after 1st fail, you have lost your claim.

This way its not easy to cockblock with the intent of cockblocking (i guess 6 man is easier), as you now need 4/10/16 man to have a claim in a 6/12/18 man wing/zone/encounter.
Also you can now settle these disputes with out even a GM present, as you can enter the zone, make a / who, ask for intent, and take a Screen Shot and tell them they now have 30 minuts to start clearing.
If they wipe, you can / who, send tell to the person that stated intent, "you now have 30 minuts to attempt again", and take a SS.
If they fail again, you take your 3rd SS with a / who and tell to the person that stated intent "2 wipes to the same mob with in 30 minuts, we are claiming this wing/zone/encounter".

They can ofcourse then come back and do the same to you, / who, "please state intent", "we wish to dispute your claim, you have 30 minuts to start your attempt", SS...

I dont know if this is the best solution, but the current rules encurage cockblocking, and i dont think that was the intent of that rule.

Last edited:
tl:dr someone got owned by euros.

suck some fucks and deal with it.

whoever madleetness is Snake is the leader of the only euro guild on SoD atm

and more on point, even being guilty of said cockblocking, i for the most part agree with the principle of this post, not so much the whole 30min thing but the whole sitting on a zone and wiping to trash and/or killing 1 trash every 30min for hours on end to "hold" a zone when 18 people are standing by waiting to do the content. Its pretty easy to tell when someone is sitting on just to sit on it and are there for a legitimate reason. (Runic Farming, Frag farming, Gem Farming, Opi farming ect) And id agree a bigger force then 6 people dieing to trash should be required, and active real clearing should be taking place, if your 6 strong and clearing at a decent rate (Say we wanted to get our current active mage his last ritual piece out of IP, if we are going at a decent rate and not dieing every other pull or w/e we'd have a legitimate claim, i was always a big fan of "Or capable force" that'd include 6man if you can duo the boss of a 6man zone (see Cata or something cmal w/e) more power to you so long as your clearing a respectable rate and actually stand a chance (Its not hard to tell when someone stands a chance and when they don't) "or capable force would be amazing"

Last edited:
tbh i dont know who snake is.

first guess babur, who is a faggot in exo.

second guess, that mage that always complains about everything, even when they have a rampaing runic pet that out tanks most t9 tanks.

lastly, if you think that people are purposefully "holding your claim of a zone via petition" by 30 mins... then you either a) keep crying because their guild got there first or b) spam call them fagggots till the whole server agrees and their guild dies..

its simple really.

I can't believe I am saying this but I agree with Valorion, I didn't like this rule change when it happened and it still doesn't make sense to me. If back when I was still raiding I'd been blocked from a zone by 6 dudes squatting I'd be seriously pissed. I'd rather see it just go back to the 12/raid 6/6-man it was before.

I cant belive that you would agree to anything i write either....

Also kudos for ignoring the ape noise hehe.

Raid policy on Right of Way (not including Wings section) said:
To claim a wing/zone/encounter, you need 6 people present. This claim is invalidated if you have done nothing in the wing/zone/encounter, and continue to do nothing for 30 minutes or more from the time a dispute occurs. A single guild may not lay claim on more than one wing/zone/encounter at a time (i.e. can't have 6 claiming lower thaz water and 6 claiming lower thaz earth at the same time). Abuse of this rule to 'squat' with 6 players while you wait for 2 hours for the rest of your guild to log on will result in jailtime.

Additionally, if you have a dispute in petitions and you leave the zone/wing/encounter where you and the other guild are waiting for a resolution, your claim is automatically lost and you will be considered to have ceded the claim to the other party. This may happen if no claim on right-of-way is made, but a guild decides it might be better worth their time to go kill undisputed raid mobs instead of wait for a GM to rule on the petition.

Yes, you are screwed by needing a GM on in these cases. We try to be on, I swear. But since breaking the rules is fine unless you get caught, what can we do?

The two guilds who have been competing (and repeatedly involving staff in their fights) both need to re-read the policy on right-of-way. If this wanton dickery doesn't stop someone WILL get jailed (i hope i don't see a repeat performance of that extended cockblock on yclist), so I really hope people read the rules and post in the policy thread if there is confusion about it.

The only thing about that policy that I see as possibly needing a revision is the "2 hours", which seems to be more of an example/guidleline, but might confuse a staffer trying to enforce this policy if they're unfamiliar with it. edit >Or a player. It might also confuse players. We don't want that, do we.

Last edited:
If it sounded like i blame the GM and Dev's for not being online, that was not my intention. Its a free game, im just happy someone answers my petitions at all.
(Thea answers my petitions so often, i can only say, i think she needs a raise...)

The rule it self with 6 man, just doesnt really make sense to me. Why would 6 man, who can barely kill trash, why would they hold a claim over 18 man, ready to roll? Even for 5 minuts...
Be there 100%, or dont be there. Thats my oppinion.

With this rule, what we are forced to do is:
Set raid time at X. Try and make sure that we 1-2 hours before X have 6 or more people sitting in the zone we want to raid.
As soon as we see a rival guild, we kill 1 totally pointless trash mob, and SS it. Wait 30 minuts, and do the same, and so on.

For me this is a case of, "Dont hate the player, hate the game".

p.s.
Changing the Jail time part of the rule to 30 minuts, would be a fix, but its still in need of a GM, but it would be easier to SS it, and get the "offenders" jailed.

Last edited:
My Only advice is don't be dicks to other people and people won't be dicks to you. Who ever was trying to Cock-block good luck with ever trying to come to any agreements with the person you were trying to screw over and or their guild. Being friends with some one is infinatly more rewarding then screwing them over. So can be said in real life.

My Only advice is don't be dicks to other people and people won't be dicks to you. Who ever was trying to Cock-block good luck with ever trying to come to any agreements with the person you were trying to screw over and or their guild. Being friends with some one is infinatly more rewarding then screwing them over. So can be said in real life.

If we all did this, we wouldnt even need rules, now would we ;) (i agree, but its utopia)

I think you're missing the point of this policy.

Rari's perversion of the rule said:
Abuse of this rule to 'squat' with 6 players while you wait the rest of your guild to log on will result in jailtime.

This is how I read it. If you get there with six and your guild isn't literally on the way, ready to buff-n-go when they get there (consider it'll take your raid that time to key in and buff) then get the hell out of the zone. The contesting guild should be in the zone when they petition, and wait there for a GM to handle that it.

Really, this policy came up because of people LITERALLY RACING to raid zones. We don't like to see a zone sit for hours because one guild decided to block another guild (or "protect" their targets for later) and people trying to abuse the policy with six people to do that will be jailed. "Kill a slime wait half an hour, repeat" is not going to fly

I agree with this, but I do find it quite funny that the guild posting it is the one that started the whole thing with their 24 hour camp of Yclist. Who knows maybe they are trying to turn over a new leaf and make the first step though. Guess we'll see.

Also i suggest that the raid force have to state intent, and you have to work actively on clearing to what ever intended mob with in 30 minuts, and if you fail, you have 30 minuts to attept again, 1 final time. If you fail again with in 30 minuts after 1st fail, you have lost your claim.

This way its not easy to cockblock with the intent of cockblocking (i guess 6 man is easier), as you now need 4/10/16 man to have a claim in a 6/12/18 man wing/zone/encounter.
Also you can now settle these disputes with out even a GM present, as you can enter the zone, make a / who, ask for intent, and take a Screen Shot and tell them they now have 30 minuts to start clearing.
If they wipe, you can / who, send tell to the person that stated intent, "you now have 30 minuts to attempt again", and take a SS.
If they fail again, you take your 3rd SS with a / who and tell to the person that stated intent "2 wipes to the same mob with in 30 minuts, we are claiming this wing/zone/encounter".

They can ofcourse then come back and do the same to you, / who, "please state intent", "we wish to dispute your claim, you have 30 minuts to start your attempt", SS...

I dont know if this is the best solution, but the current rules encurage cockblocking, and i dont think that was the intent of that rule.

There is a perfectly good reason for why the rules are where they are. I don't know if you remember the old rules at all, but they led to literally nightly disputes between guilds. Saying this as a gm and not a player, it really makes it easier for everyone. These rules are clear cut. You / all zone. Six people in it? Move on. Its simple. It lessens disputes, and gets rid of all the subjective and ambiguous parts of the old rule. Maybe we could just go ahead and say a 6man must be claimed by 6. That would make sense to me from a player perspective. But i can't see the rules being changed to beyond 10 required to claim for an 18 man. Your inviting back in too many disputes. And id definitely be against giving guilds a 2 wipe limit on encounters they've maybe never done before just because some entitled kid is impatient and mad that these new kids are stealing "his loot".

These are all arguments that were had when the rule was changed. If ya wanted to go look that up instead of beating a dead horse.

I'll take it a level above, like "real life"... and point out you're a bunch of nerds fighting over a 72 hour spawn, to backgear your alts.

rules are the rules... who all fwf, make them log one of their 10 gm alts... and start a formal dispute then claim if whoever fails.

quit bitching babur, and use the rules/petition like they're already set up to benefit you.

There is a perfectly good reason for why the rules are where they are. I don't know if you remember the old rules at all, but they led to literally nightly disputes between guilds. Saying this as a gm and not a player, it really makes it easier for everyone. These rules are clear cut. You / all zone. Six people in it? Move on. Its simple.

These are all arguments that were had when the rule was changed. If ya wanted to go look that up instead of beating a dead horse.

Wow, this is staff oppinion?

Yeah i sometime wonder why i even bother to go in here...

Rari the way you read the rule, i totally get, but as you can see from above, its not just the players of SoD who doesnt interpret it like you.

Last edited:
I'll take it a level above, like "real life"... and point out you're a bunch of nerds fighting over a 72 hour spawn, to backgear your alts.

rules are the rules... who all fwf, make them log one of their 10 gm alts... and start a formal dispute then claim if whoever fails.

quit bitching babur, and use the rules/petition like they're already set up to benefit you.

Hey there's an intelligent adult response. Congratulations on that one, way to show your maturity and keep a level head.

Wow, this is staff oppinion?

Yeah i sometime wonder why i even bother to go in here...

Rari the way you read the rule, i totally get, but as you can see from above, its not just the players of SoD who doesnt interpret it like you.

I didn't realize we were talking about straight blocking a zone for hours and hours. Misinterpretation on my part. That's a dick move that's also covered in the rules.

You just naturally asumed that i was "some entitled kid impatient and mad that these new kids are stealing "my loot"."?

:(

Atleast mad1337nes had the courtesy to say he didnt read what i posted, before he called me an idiot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom