raid XP

Syalara

Dalayan Beginner
Not too long ago, the xp from raid trash/mobs was reduced significantly. I always thought one of the main goals of SoD was to offer different avenues for xp to suit varying playstyles. IE, if you tradeskill, you can xp your character at the same time and such.

however the xp from raid trash/boss mobs has been reduced to the point where I can raid for 4+ hours and not gain one fifth an AA (guesstimate). I fail to see how this is balanced for risk/reward and I fail to understand why the "raiding" playstyle is getting the short end of the stick for xp.

I dont want, nor would I expect to be banging out 5+ AA's on a raid night but please allow me enough xp where it would be actually noticeable and make killing raid trash something more then an annoying speed bump on the way to a loot dropping namer.

Raid mob/trash xp before the reduction was not so great anyway but it was a far shot better then it is currently, and hopefully it could be re-evaluated for risk/reward.

It's because of people like eleonor who think that they should XP off of raid trash and get 40k per kill which isn't really fair because it lets you get stupidly fast XP if you can do it right (just ask forsaken)

The risk vs reward argument doesn't really make sense, since the reward for the risk of raiding is raid quality loot.

Syalara said:
I fail to understand why the "raiding" playstyle is getting the short end of the stick for xp.

Uh.

Also it most zones, trash aren't just annoying speed bumps. They either are part of the lore, have quest drops (armor gems, spell frags etc.), high level spells, or are just part of the linear progression of the zone. Sure, trash can get annoying, but no trash can really be branded as pointless.

Maybe raids are meant to be for other means of progression. Just maybe you have to do something more challenging with slightly less people to gain any significant experience.

Basically, the old model of fast raid xp stopped working when people got so powerful that they could grind on older raid mobs. It really can't be helped.

Would it be possible to classify some zones as raid zones, so that the exp is constant from 2-18 rather then 2-6?

Ginam

Ginam said:
Would it be possible to classify some zones as raid zones, so that the exp is constant from 2-18 rather then 2-6?

Ginam

That would only serve to even further marginalize raid content outside of raid-only zones.

I had thought of a similar idea to what Syalara is saying; it would be nice to see some exp from raids. Not great exp by any means, but realistically, 1/5 of an AA is probably a fair estimate of a raid night's exp. Perhaps there is something that can be done for raids consisting of 12+ people, where after they hit this number, exp is multiplied by some factor so that you actually see exp.

Again, I don't think raid exp should be great or even a complete alternative form of grinding AA's, but it would be nice and perhaps make exp in a raid more than just trivial.

I'm sure I could get 20 % exp off a raid on a good night. Mind you, dying so much and continually being in debt, is usually the reason I do not.

Anyone else wish to add in their exp levels?

xp in thaz is so bad that you would be lucky to ever get out of debt after a full night of big meanie slaying.

The fact that you get raid items increases the exp that you get when doing the actual grind.

When i was first lvling up i got a group in Mel C with some, at the time, Legacy members. The exp that i got was pretty much retarded. I was getting an AA every 15-20 min. We were able to clear a wing, port to the top, and start another wing while the wing we had cleared was just starting to repop.

This is a pretty extreme example but getting raid items does increase the exp that you earn outside of raids.

the only solution that I can think of that would keep people from getting disgusting XP from raid zones in groups, but actually gives raids a marginal amount of XP would be instancing or some form of task flags. (which would be absolute suck to code, and definitely not worth it)

My opinion: if you decide to go the raiding way, you allready get a HUGE reward: raid level gear, just like Junius said. That gear also gives you the chance to exp at any time you want, which is quite a bit harder w/o that gear. So if you want to have a highlevel character, put some effort in it.

Quoting just for the sake of quoting is something that belongs to Happyland. But yes, you shouldn't go with debt after 5+ hours raiding.

Gea said:
Quoting just for the sake of quoting is something that belongs to Happyland. But yes, you shouldn't go with debt after 5+ hours raiding.

Quoting and changing the quote is something that belongs in happyland. Quoting because you agree with something, is not.

I really thaught it was OBVIOUS that I demonstrated how NOT to quote/work with quotes.

Quoting only to agree adds nothing to the conversation. But yea, Thaz is a little low on exp. Gtoo noticed recently that Everchill Giants were actually better raid experience, which is a little strange as EC giants are obviously easier to one group than Thaz trash. In zones like IP it probably wouldn't hurt to have higher exp, nobody would (can?) exp there, but I don't remember the exp per kill in IP.

I would think it might have something to do with thaz having 0 bonus. At least I'm pretty certain it has no bonus.

Back
Top Bottom