Raid Bugs

Speaking strictly as a player here: Raids are mostly working if you are willing to invest the time needed to learn the "do" and "do not" of 2.5 raiding. Raid stability is by far not where it was in 2,0, but way way way way better then when 2.5 was initially released.

Speaking strictly as a player here: Raids are mostly working if you are willing to invest the time needed to learn the "do" and "do not" of 2.5 raiding. Raid stability is by far not where it was in 2,0, but way way way way better then when 2.5 was initially released.

i think you're a big fat liar.

Raid bugs are definitely livable, avoiding/mitigating the bugs has become second nature. That being said it would be amazing to get them fixed from a code standpoint.

raids work.. still able to dual boxing healers like a boss, one handed while afk making a sandwich! npnp

Maybe GINA was offended and contracted out a hit. Or maybe he was kidnapped:

"When you go to a restaurant on the weekends, it's busy, so they start a waiting list. They start calling out names, they say "Taryth, party of 1. Table ready for Taryth, party of 1." And if no one answers, they'll say their name again. "Taryth, party of 1." But then if no one answers they'll just go right on to the next name. "Bush, party of 3." Yeah... what happened to Taryth? No one seems to give a shit. Who can eat at a time like this? People are missing! You fuckers are selfish. Taryth is in someone's trunk right now, with duct tape over their mouth. And they're hungry - that's a double whammy. We need help. Bush, SEARCH party of 3! You can eat once you find Taryth."

(obviously shamelessly stolen and adapted - R.I.P. MH)

Maybe GINA was offended and contracted out a hit. Or maybe he was kidnapped:

"When you go to a restaurant on the weekends, it's busy, so they start a waiting list. They start calling out names, they say "Taryth, party of 1. Table ready for Taryth, party of 1." And if no one answers, they'll say their name again. "Taryth, party of 1." But then if no one answers they'll just go right on to the next name. "Bush, party of 3." Yeah... what happened to Taryth? No one seems to give a shit. Who can eat at a time like this? People are missing! You fuckers are selfish. Taryth is in someone's trunk right now, with duct tape over their mouth. And they're hungry - that's a double whammy. We need help. Bush, SEARCH party of 3! You can eat once you find Taryth."

(obviously shamelessly stolen and adapted - R.I.P. MH)
Mitch was a true legend. Go watch grainy Mitch Hedburg vids on youtube.

it's very sad that people think the raid bugs are fine and are 'second nature' to them. I'd much rather have to /cm refresh every 15minutes.

Sorry mate but, just give up.. It isn't going to be fixed. Think of it as hiding $100 bill.. One day down the road, if you find it- yay, you hit the jackpot... but who's going to miss it right away.

On origin, i bought battlefield hardline for 9.99 just to play the campaign to keep me busy, was very much worth it!..

#iWannaPlayPANTHEON
#PRF

Never said they were fine, bugs are bugs. They will get fixed eventually. You have to remember the server has limited staff that is doing this for free. By all accounts this server is absolutely amazing. The raid bugs maybe add 5 minutes to a whole 4hour+ raid. They will get it fixed, but they are also working on new content and other bugs. You know like the Monk agro bug that makes playing a monk very frustrating. Taryth was talking to me about helping once I got my CSC degree but hes been away so I have been focusing on my own programming projects. I was a web dev for the server for a bit a few years back, but RL hit and I disappeared before I got anything done.

Lets get one thing clear, they DO NOT add 5 min to a raid.

There are 84 toons on today. Call it maybe 50 people at max. What chance is there of a PUG happening? None! Because who wants to put up with the bullpucky that is forming a raid? Oh, someone went LD? Everyone /dis /raiddis and reform. Make sure you remember who was in your group?

Need to move a healer to another group? Everyone /dis /raiddis and reform.

Maybe in your world its "Fine" and "Livable"

But its slowly killing the server.

Oh, someone went LD? Everyone /dis /raiddis and reform.

just fyi for other people reading this, you only need to reform the group if the leader goes LD, otherwise that one person can /dis /raiddis and simply get reinvited --- so make your group leaders people with stable connections

Last edited:
What about that bug where people don't even show up to others despite being in same zone? Or camping without leaving raid bugging group heals? Or trying to do demons in ToT and it crashing zone soon as ppl engage and flames go up the second time?

This server has been "slowly dying" for like 4-5 years. We're still here. A few whiny people that don't want to put up with a bug does not a dead server make. What it does do however, is discourage New Player A that might be on the forums reading on the fence about playing from doing so. What it also does is make a free dev wonder whytf they bother donating their time. These bugs are a pain in the ass occasionally, but let's be honest. They're not killing the server. If anything, a bunch of bitchy teenagers have taken that role and done that damage far more themselves. Next time Pecannius or Irelc runs a pug, and you're wondering the validity of this sorta thing, try to grab a spot and see for yourself. If anything, this game exposes a complete and total lack of patience in the type of person that plays this stuff these days.

Back
Top Bottom