Race suggestion?

CerosDeLuna

Dalayan Beginner
does race matter much?

Completely new, btw.
For an Sk whats a good way to roll? (more solo oriented) Troll? high sta/str and regen? sounds good. but LOW int... spells are gonna suffer.
iskar?
Dark elf / gnome both seem to have decent int...but low on the tanking side.
ogres up there with trolls i am assuming.

Then again... for beast lord.

:) thanks!

does race matter much?

Completely new, btw.
For an Sk whats a good way to roll? (more solo oriented) Troll? high sta/str and regen? sounds good. but LOW int... spells are gonna suffer.
iskar?

If you care about being the best tank:
Iksar , due to the ac bonus.

If you dont care about min/max:
Any other race you want to be because trolls look awesome.

The stats really do not matter if you intend to enter the raid game.

does race matter much?

Completely new, btw.
iskar?

Race does not matter much. Which means it matters a little if you are trying to have the best stats on the server. Otcho is right about the AC.

If you choose a big race, you really need to either keep potions on you to shrink yourself or buy a shrinking clicky (Choker of Contraction) to get in some places. I found that a hassle with my Troll SK until I got my clicky. And you do not want to be the guy everyone curses at the Athica bank, because his big butt is blocking the door.

For beastlord, you may want to consider what pet you get. I have been pleased with my barbarian and his wolf. I think the Ogre and his bear is cool too. Both had pretty good stats. Charisma is a pretty crucial stat, if you want your slow to land, which is why I chose barbarian over Ogre as I recall. A big race is not a big deal for a beastlord, since we can shrink ourselves.

Last edited:
For Sk:
Which race you should choose depends on what you intend to spend most time doing. (and whether or not you can suffer being a lizard).
Iksar:
have one of the biggest advantages of all races. They get 50(?) extra ac.
Gnome:
gets 10% more haste from haste items and 10% more effect from item focus'es. Extra haste = more agro, extra dmg incremement = bigger lifetaps (ie more dmg more heals more agro), faster casting spells and larger range on spells.
However, 25% lower resistance to mez and charm (which will be really bad for a tank, that doesnt have an antimez/charm stance, on certain content.
Darkelf:
Looks good, starts out with decent agi and int (which is harder to get than stamina) which matters until you reach hidden caps.
most importantly perhaps 20% extra resistance to mez and charm, which will matter on some raid and exp content, since the sk don't have an antimez/charm stance.

All of these are decent choices really. Your best choice if min/maxing might be iksar or gnome (extra agro shouldn't be counted too lightly).

For beastlord:
Go Vah! no question about it. Beastlord is a very universal class, you get some decent heals both for yourself and especially for your pet. You can also dish out a bit of damage.
As a Vah, your heals dont get any penalty at night and you get an atk boost at nighttime.
More dps and more reliable heals is worth a lot!

I think the Vah's pet looks the nicest out of all the pets.

Based of looks of pet: (for me)
1) Tiger
2) Wolf
3) Gator
4) Bear
5) Fugly Lizard wolf dino

Based of looks of pet: (for all sensible people)
1) Bear/Gator
Inferior Lesser Pets) All else
Complete shit) Wolf

I have taken the liberty to modify your post to a proper beastlord pet rankings.

The real racial advantage for beastlords revolves around iksars not having dumb cloth tunic armor instead full luxurious and fulfilling full robes and not troll nipples

so really... iskar is the best SK... the best Monk... & one of the better beastlords? & the vah are only eh...

great i might as well make all my characters iskar & be an iskar man.

so really... iskar is the best SK... the best Monk... & one of the better beastlords? & the vah are only eh...

great i might as well make all my characters iskar & be an iskar man.

Vah are only eh? I guess being the hands down king of shamans means nothing

Be whatever you want. You won't notice a very big difference, if any, between races at the high end. For both classes, I'd suggest dumping everything you can into charisma, and then drop the rest into either intelligence and agility (for an SK), or stamina and wisdom (for a BL).

Erudite, Gnome or Iksar sk. Other options are ???????? in a game where the high end is completely composed of hours of play for tiny bonuses

No racial bonus can overcome Iksar looking stupid. None.

Bears are cool pets, but are annoyingly large and get in the way, even when shrunk. Alligators are not cool. The iksar pet, ugh. Vah have a cool pet. But I can't get over all the Vah Beastlord's on Live with stupid names like Kittypowa. But I guess that is a personal hangup.

I believe there to be fewer trolls than there are of any other race, so if you could, be a troll and help out the troll population.

speaking of trolls could any very bored person with database access troll for the total numbers for each race and class? I've been dying to know!

Last edited:
No racial bonus can overcome Iksar looking stupid. None.

Bears are cool pets, but are annoyingly large and get in the way, even when shrunk. Alligators are not cool. The iksar pet, ugh. Vah have a cool pet. But I can't get over all the Vah Beastlord's on Live with stupid names like Kittypowa. But I guess that is a personal hangup.

Sure it can, 1st person view. Hell if it weren't for the character screen I wouldn't have known what aisling looked like until I hit mid 60's.

I have taken the liberty to modify your post to a proper beastlord pet rankings.

The real racial advantage for beastlords revolves around iksars not having dumb cloth tunic armor instead full luxurious and fulfilling full robes and not troll nipples

Thanks, much appericated.

If a beastlord could have any pet. I would be an iksar with a rabbit pet. Monty Python's Holy Grail flying bunny... mawhah

ps the bears on here look very ugly. they are too much two toned for my liking, now if you could have a polar bear for a bear pet, that would be #1 of course.

Thanks, much appericated.

If a beastlord could have any pet. I would be an iksar with a rabbit pet. Monty Python's Holy Grail flying bunny... mawhah

ps the bears on here look very ugly. they are too much two toned for my liking, now if you could have a polar bear for a bear pet, that would be #1 of course.

you can.. gender illusion i think... or something like it.. i just remember screwing around with illusions on pets and turning a bear white.

Ya thats if you use the illusion click dagger thingy and then giant kin the pet, the giant kin wears off and you have a full size wolf. Shammies get the ghost wolf pet that you can cast illusion dagger clicky on yourself then transform into the bear form and then you actually turn into a polar bear. Its fun at parties.

Back
Top Bottom