Proc rates

darksabbath

Dalayan Master
First, I love this addition to Fomelo, thank you very much. But I have a question on some of the proc rates, and I wonder if maybe the decimal point was put in wrong.

First example: Lionpelt Tunic, Reactive proc .4%
Which I looted with an adept alt, while leveling. Can it even go off if it is under a 1% chance?

Second Example: Terribly Cursed Yet Astoundingly Valuable Trinket, .2% per 100 mana
I have this on my adept alt druid. If you go with the assumption that you need at least 1% to get a proc, the druid can't proc this, ever. Not certain about the other classes on this, but the druid doesn't have a detrimental spell that costs 500+ mana. (Unless I missed it while scanning the wiki, most I saw was 395.)

The fact that I have never seen either of these go off yet has me wondering if they even can. Also, is there any way to find out proc rates for other buffs, for example, the sk lifetap proc buffs, the poison arrow buff off the Shade Leather Quiver, etc. ? Are they set-up the same as the bard aa, based on weapon delay?

Those items can proc if they are less than 1%. It happens pretty rarely though. Damage procs seem to be 0.4% on all chests I have seen.

All wrists I have seen are 2% per 100 mana so maybe that one is messed up if it is really 0.2%. You don't need to cast a 500 mana spell to proc it.

Not sure about your last Q.

Several raid drops are .5%, looking up some people I know. So maybe that is more standardIi guess. Just seems strange to be so low. Some of them must proc, and since it is based on being hit, i guess it makes sense to have such a low %.

But I completely forgot the bracer on the druid even had a proc, because I have never seen it happen. Thankfully its a pretty nice bracer even w/o it.

I just assumed it procced it on the mob. And if it lent up being passed to you or your group , oh well. Umm.. forget I mentioned anything at all then. :D

The proc rate is intentionally quite low because it is detrimental to the user

By the way, one my characters, Elech, uses Ratgut's Hide, which procs "Sicken" at a rate of 10% per 100 mana. It is useful when I cast harmful spells on mobs, it has absolutely no effect when I buff other players, but it sucks to constantly DoT myself when I buff myself. Weirdly enough, if I have a mob targeted while I cast a self-targeting buff, the mob is affected by the proc, and not me.

Is that item (and others like it, if there are any) designed to be annoying to the user under certain circumstances, or is there a way to make it so the caster is protected from the proc?

Back
Top Bottom