Plague for all Seasons help.

staffeq2

Dalayan Beginner
I no longer have the time to attempt to figure out this intricate and confusing deity quest. I'm working 10 - 12 hours a day now, and when I play, just want to get in there, get some xp and get some gear. I'm hoping somoene that has done this quest, and has a bit of time, could go to the wiki and post some details about this quest so that those of us that don't have the time to solve the problem are able to do it as well.

Yes, yes. I understand that there is accomplishment in doing things yourself, and for the first augment of this deity quest, I did figure it out on my own. But that was before I went back to work, working 10 - 12 hours a day. In fact, the stuff that is currently on the wiki, I put there to help others out.

While I do believe that some quests should be lengthy and difficult, I don't think that so much should be relying on chance. For instance, currently I am stuck on "breaking" the chief in Halas. So I get him down in health, I attempt to keep him there using a low level dot that does the amount of dmg to him as he has regen. I wait for the emote to hail him ... "your <insert dot name here> has scored a critical hit! Chief Green Pain in the Butt has been slain by you!" So that didn't work ... pulled him 12 times doing that exact same thing thinking I'll get lucky one time it won't crit before he emotes. I was wrong, the chance for necro dots to crit are higher than the chance that he will emote anything in the first couple of minutes once he reaches that certain health %. I then decided I'd just mem a low level life tap, and when he got to that health %, I'd just use the life tap to keep him there. I have aa's, so I have the first level to crit life taps, of course it critted the first time i tried this and killed the chief. The second time I attempted this, I life tapped him for so long that I ran out of mana. Yes, I was there letting this dude beat on me long enough for a level 62 to run out of mana using a very low level life tap. Fomelo me, my gear isn't beast, but it isn't all crap either. Why on earth make a quest requirement rely more on luck than anything else. (Also, this is going on information that I was given in game. The info could be wrong and I might even be going about the "breaking" of the chief all wrong anyway.)

Anyway, yeah, so I know that spoilers and walk throughs many people don't like to use and/or don't recommend using due to "taking the fun out of figuring it out". If I had the time to figure it out, that might be an argument I would agree with.

Last edited:
Some people like straightforward quests. We have a bunch of those, so my deity quests aren't.

Now this part you seem to be stuck on is a bit of a failure, due to game limitations, and non standard UI's more than anything else. Do yourself a favor, KILL his guards, and look for the emote then. If you don't see an emote, your battle spam covered it up. You can get the same result just doing a /cm d1 a bit after his guards die. No secret, it's pretty straight forward. Chance had nothing to do with it (aside from the farming item parts coming up).

That being said, I think of the deity quest, and it's ramping difficulty to be a bit of a lifetime quest for those who aren't already at the end game. You're looking at around 25+ hours of work to finish it assuming level and tier appropriateness. It is not meant to be something you grind straight through, but something else to do when your not in a group or a raid. Keep that in mind, enjoy the narrative a bit if that's your thing, and you'll probably like it a bit more.

Thanks for the info, Cyzaine. I was killing his guards first and did notice an emote once the second bodyguard was killed, but due to info I got in game from someone else, I was told I had to get him to a certain % and keep him there until he makes an emote. I submit that I should have tried the /cm d1 on him then. I just took the info I got at it's word.

And I do agree with you about straight forward quests vs lengthy difficult quests. In fact, I like the lengthy quests with a bit of amped up difficulty. It's just that I started a new job and had already chosen gradalsh before I started the new job and the time to put into figuring things out really isn't an option for me anymore. I'm certainly willing to put the time into the quest that is needed for the quest and understand that it's not a "go here, get this item, quest done" kind of quest; just don't have the time that might be needed to do all of the trial and error figuring out of the quest.

Last edited:
I did what you suggested. Killed the guards, he sais something about protecting his family, immediately hailed him. Went through all the conversation (did it a few times for all possible answers). He attacked. I killed him. Still got message that I need to "break" him and that my mission is a failure.

Will try again another time.

I'd really suggest doing the quest and more important reading your journal whenever it updates (like it has now that you did the dialog), rather than depending on what others say and complaining when its not straight forward. NONE of the deity quests I've deved (IE most of them) are simple point A to point B kill fests. Except maybe Tarhyls, but thats cuz it was thematically appropriate. And the ones I didn't do, or didn't have a hand in (Shiritri, Sivyana, Enthann) will have additions that make them like the rest.

Once again, we have plenty of the straight forward quest type that you like, but if you dislike lore and a halfway decent story if I do say so myself, than you wouldn't have been happy with any of these.

Back
Top Bottom