placebo tomes

Lleoc

Dalayan Master
I was talking to myself and i came up with a brilliant idea. I think there should be tomes that you can purchase for like 1k each that take about 40 aa to complete but do absolutely nothing other than give people something to exp and pad fomelo tome count. This takes some plat out of the economy as well as allows people who do not have tomes something to put exp into and make them feel special about wasting their life better than other people.

Better yet, how about tomes that act as Vet Rewards. They take about 80aa's to complete and upon completion they become one time use expendable items. So to follow in the ways of vet rewards there would be:

Tome of Complete Recovery (One time use complete heal)
Tome of Expedient Recovery (100% Rez)
Tome of Hastened Learning (50% bonus xp for 1h+DI effects)
Tome of Ferocity (1 minute of 50% increased damage + 50% additional chance of melee/Spell crits)
Tome of Fortification (15 mins of max stats+resists)
Tome of Shielding (one use 10,000 point rune stacks with rune tome effect)

The tomes once complete and become a Potion/item/clicky of any sort, they are lore and no drop, to prevent stock piling and abuse. This way there is something for people to dump xp's into, still sink money into 1-5k I think would still be a fair price. Then noone would ever feel like they've wasted their life pressing buttons for no gain in xps.

Better yet, how about tomes that act as Vet Rewards. They take about 80aa's to complete and upon completion they become one time use expendable items. So to follow in the ways of vet rewards there would be:

Tome of Complete Recovery (One time use complete heal)
Tome of Expedient Recovery (100% Rez)
Tome of Hastened Learning (50% bonus xp for 1h+DI effects)
Tome of Ferocity (1 minute of 50% increased damage + 50% additional chance of melee/Spell crits)
Tome of Fortification (15 mins of max stats+resists)
Tome of Shielding (one use 10,000 point rune stacks with rune tome effect)

The tomes once complete and become a Potion/item/clicky of any sort, they are lore and no drop, to prevent stock piling and abuse. This way there is something for people to dump xp's into, still sink money into 1-5k I think would still be a fair price. Then noone would ever feel like they've wasted their life pressing buttons for no gain in xps.

thats dumb i dont want to spend 80 aa for a buff thats not needed ever for anything.. but i do want to have something to do to pad my tome count and make it feel like im doing something in the game.

How many people have actually run out of tomes to do? I think they take way too much exp as it is, pretty daunting for anyone who doesn't play way way way too much.

Beside which, pretty much all content development already revolves around the highest guild these days, do you really need even more crap made just for you?

how about an expable item with huge negative stats that takes trillions of exp to max out at slightly ok stats, will make it fit in ammo so you can be sure to show it off on fomelo when you die

i did some math, the most any one item level can take is 4294967295 exp due to 32 bit unsigned integer cap, with the item exp formula and 255 levels that makes 549755813760 maximum exp.

That's 549.75 billion. might keep you going for a while?

Sure it may not be needed for anything, but it's still something that does something that could be useful to pretty much anyone that would want to waste the time on it. It can also pad out your tome count as it could say you've completed blah blah blah tome X number of times.

Lifeless Bauble of Eternity
Slot: All

starting stats:

AC: -10
STR: -100 AGI: -100 DEX: -100 STA: -100 CHA: -100 INT: -100 WIS: -100 HP: -165 Mana: -165
Sv Magic: -65 Sv Fire: -65 Sv Cold: -65 Sv Poison: -65 Sv Disease: -65

550 billion exp later:

AC: 15
STR: +155 AGI: +155 DEX: +155 STA: +155 CHA: +155 INT: +155 WIS: +155 HP: +255 Mana: +255
Sv Magic: +100 Sv Fire: +100 Sv Cold: +100 Sv Poison: +100 Sv Disease: +100

super mega resist gear of braggingness

Looking at Glorax tomecount vs. tomecount of everybody who posted in this thread, including OP, I do not understand why this even exists.

I've done every tome besides rt 1/2 (which i've been on for like 2 months) and that is why this post was made...

What type of aug slot will be available? After killing 18million or so mobs to max this I want to know if I'll be able to add a +24 or a +30 mana aug. Thanks.

Before I opened this thread I expected it to be suggesting a generic tome you could "store" xp in while you waited for a tome you wanted/needed/couldn't afford yet. IDK if xp transfer can work like that or not (like a tome that basically stores your xp like an adventure band, at the full rate or at 50% of your xp earned or whatever) but I think it'd be neat. *shrug*

Also +1 @ Regasin, HATERS GONNA HATE but I like your idea too.

Back
Top Bottom