pet weapon question

Viktis

Dalayan Beginner
I read the post about pets haveing set delays and weapons not changing there attack speed, but i was wondering if the weapon damage still came into effect?

Thanks in advance.

Viktis

I'm pretty sure its delay AND damage that is a set thing. After certain levels, the only thing a pet will get out of being given weapon is the added stats (IE: a mage summoned weapon will provide the rune proc etc).

as quoted from the Tome of Knowledge:

"ALL pets can use armor on ALL slots
Pets have a fixed delay
pets have a set amount of attacks so making it wield two weapons is only good for increasing its amount of procs."

So in the case of a Beastlord if you have the procing buffs on your pet, say Spirit of Summer, handing it weapons will increase the amount of times the proc goes off, which increases the damage the pet does.

I'm not sure whether this was meant for all procs (pet buffs) or for procs on weapons. Has anyone parsed that?

I've not done much parsing for the level 63 beastlord pet but I don't think proc buffs such as beastlord or wizard blades buffs are affected by dual wielding, only if you give the pet two weapons with procs. Giving the top beastlord pet a weapon with 45 base damage seemed to raise the max damage hit from @72(without any weapon) to 90 or 92 max hit(with full melee stat buffs too). I also gave the 63 beastlord pet a Butcher's Cleaver(85 damage iirc) and it didn't give a max hit greater than the 45 damage weapons did.

Another thing they are skipping is that pets will do weapon Damx2 as a max hit UNLESS their max is already higher.

A level 20 mage pet with a halberd will max for 28 since his max hit is lower than that. (Halberd dam14x2=28)

Also worth noting, pets will NOT use no drop items.

Back
Top Bottom