Pet Equipment

Bonk84

Dalayan Elder
Had a quick question about pets and their inventory. Do they swap out their equipment when you hand them a new item? Or do they simply keep the better item?

I was on a raid and a mage summoned the silks for pet, which the 15ac 40hp pants replaced my pets 40ac 25agi 100hp Djari Crafted Greaves.

Been away from the game a long while, couldn't remember how pets chose their equipment and a quick search didn't show anything.

Last edited:
I think that items summoned onto the pet automatically slot

Ive wasted nice cit pet weps before by handing them to my shm pet without first checking his inventory. In my experience you can never upgrade the pets weps - have to dismiss and resummon. Can upgrade haste without resummon (murk collar overwrites bauble).

Ive wasted nice cit pet weps before by handing them to my shm pet without first checking his inventory. In my experience you can never upgrade the pets weps - have to dismiss and resummon. Can upgrade haste without resummon (murk collar overwrites bauble).

Yeah this makes me sad when I hand a weapon to a pet and he doesn't want to equip it over his primary.

Would it be possible to use the /cm system? Something like /cm makepetsecondary [item on cursor] for secondary. Or something like /cm givepet [item on cursor] to give a pet an item and always put it in place of whatever is currently in that pet's inventory for that slot.

Would it be possible to use the /cm system? Something like /cm makepetsecondary [item on cursor] for secondary. Or something like /cm givepet [item on cursor] to give a pet an item and always put it in place of whatever is currently in that pet's inventory for that slot.

Possibly simpler /cm petinventory on /cm petinventory off. On he replaces items he has on with items you hand and/or summon onto him. Off he ignores said items. Default on. Also prevents the ever popular hand someone's newly summoned pet a shovel problem.

Should be able to make pets only take higher haste% when summoning haste items on them.

Handing weapons is a little less clear... should it just always replace the primary when you trade a pri/sec weapon to a pet with weapons in primary and secondary or a 2h in primary? Wouldn't really be any convenient way to make it distinguish when you'd rather have it put something in secondary instead, unless you just hand it something secondary-only.

What about a command for the pet to spit back the weapons into your inventory (/cm petdisarm)? This would allow you to place the weapons, or new weapons, back in the order you want them. The command could also be disabled during combat, to keep from trying to salvage the weapons from a dying pet.

Loading up the game with even more overly-specific text commands that maybe 5 people will ever know about/use is not really my idea of a convenient implementation.

I think we should just delete everything ever.

Loading up the game with even more overly-specific text commands that maybe 5 people will ever know about/use is not really my idea of a convenient implementation.

Zaela since I love you here on the internet the proposal is that pet equips any weapon handed to it by the pet master, all other weapons ignored.

do you guys really have a big problem with people handing your pets bad weapons?

Occasionally it's happened. It was more mentioned as a happy side benefit.

Also if you happen to turn a magepet with a broom into a froglok the result is pretty hilarious looking.

Any objection to that before I change some code?

No objection, but would it be unreasonable if pets accepts items from anyone when it has none, and takes from master no matter what it has, replacing old?

Thanks Zaela I am very enthused about this change.

Can you make it so that if you hand Nwaij something he equips it in his primary? Got a stack of Gravy that needs to go to Germany.

Back
Top Bottom