Patching problems

Arif

Dalayan Beginner
I am having problems patching. I get stuck at eqstr_us.txt and then at spells.txt. I have rebooted, deleted the files and turned off my firewall. Any other suggestions short of deleting Game and patching back up? This happened tonight after a small server reboot. I guess others did not have this problem.

Delete the files and re-run the patcher selecting "advanced" and then "repatch all." If you have tried that and it does not work, I would temporarily do the following: manually download the patch files and run SoD straight from eqw.exe and not via the patcher. The patch files can be found via THIS link.

Thanks Jayelle, I had to download the patch files manually and start the game from eqw.exe. I was just wondering if my patcher will ever work again or if there is anything I can do.

Yea, I have the same problem when I try and load in 2 clients at once. I have yet to figure out the cause or fix, and it just started happening to me as well. :(

I'm having the same problem as the OP. Well I'm just getting stuck at the eqstr_us.txt. I followed the suggestion of Jayelle (thanks btw!) and it got me in game. The thing is that I'm stuck on the noobie quest just getting out of the dream state (I've made a post in quests area about this at http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forum/index.php?topic=10643.msg101665#msg101665) It's been suggested that my problem with the quest could be related to not being patched correctly. I downloaded the manual patch given here tho so that should be sufficient right?

-I've tried deleting files.txt, and the file it hangs on and having the patcher repatch all
-I've tried redownloading the patcher
-I've read every related post I could find.

Thanks for any help!

Still no responce?

Well in the hope that eventually someone will come to help I'll further update this. I went ahead and did a complete uninstall of the game. I then did a complete install again. I followed the steps of the setup guide and still the patcher is hanging on eqstr_us.txt
I'm on xp sp2
I have .net 1.1 as the only ver of .net installed
I've disable both windows and mcafee firewall while trying to get this going
I've deleted files.txt and done the repatch all
I've tried deleting files.txt and eqstr_us.txt and done the repatch all
I've tried installing the manual patch

So that's where this stands. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried making a different character? The only thing I can think of is that you are doing something wrong when trying to get through the initial dream quest, or have a corrupted spell file as no one else has reported a problem scribing or casting the spells on the sorcerer.

Hello and thanks for the reply,
I have tried multiple characters and they all get the same problem that the spell isn't ever usable by my class. Each char I've tried is a different class.

After I made this last post I got to thinking that while I've tried a few classes none of them were beastmaster. The spell The Sorcerer gives lists all classes as usable but all have a (250) with the exception of bst which is (0). So I made a bst and np I made it through the dream. This clearly shows me it's a game issue and not some simple mistake I was making.

So not only is the quest problem still an issue so is my patching problem. The patcher still pauses indefinatly (I let it sit there for over an hour one time!). Any help would still be appreciated!! Until that time I guess I'll be playing the bst named Shwalup rofl!

What part of the patcher does your character get stuck on (IE: What file)? The most common fixes for the patcher stalling is to delete whatever file it gets stuck on and re-run the patcher selecting advanced and then repatch all. Some people have to always manually download the patches and run eqw.exe manually (IE: search for that file specifically and do not click whatever shortcut you have for your patcher).

I'll mention the potentially bugged spell scroll to staff again and try making a couple new toons myself to see if I can duplicate the error you are describing.

sorcerersdefeatzc6.gif

It appears the issue is that your spells file is not being updated properly on the client end. Have you checked permissions on the EQ directory to make sure it is writable. Also check permissions on the files that are getting stuck when patching.

http://www.chroma-zone.net/spells_us.zip - Try downloading my spells file and replacing it in your directory.

Yeah this is a patching issue, almost positive. I tested it for someone a few days ago and I had no problems, where they did. They refused to patch to SoD *boggle*.

Unfortunately I don't know about correcting a patch that isn't working, outside of all the information that is readily available.

Thanks for the spell file. I opened it into my eq folder but the problem still persisted :/ Thankfully Dev-Woldo took the time and was able to get the flags right for 2 chars and so while the problem isn't solved I'm at least able to experience the game a bit.

I'd still like to be able to run the patcher but it still hangs up on eqstr_us.txt I've tried all the suggestions listed in other related posts I could find (that I listed above) If anyone has any other ideas on how to fix this I'm game to try them! I would like to be able to run the patcher.

Back
Top Bottom